Rim Repair

Rogue

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT-P
Has anyone had any success in repairing the rims of the 21"? I am finally getting around to reaching out to local shops to see if it's possible.

I was quoted $175 to refinish read passenger side. It’s just scrapes and bruises that are not very deep.

A bend in the rim was what I was looking at. No curb rash of any kind.

My minorly bent rim could not be repaired, but I think that’s because it was a forged one piece. Not sure about repairs on the ORM wheels but presumably they can just replace the part of the wheel that’s broken? Dunno if the cost just makes it so that you have to buy a new one anyways 🤷🏼‍♂️

Where are you located? I have a guy that straightened 4 of mine and painted the inner lip For 150.

Huntsville, Alabama. I'm waiting to get the car back to take it to a few shops for quotes and capabilities to handle dents.

Would rather not pay the $1k for a new rim every time a tire blows.

That's true. I want the vibration gone from an incorrectly balanced tire.

If these places are just visual, then that defeats the purpose.

Does that also mean they balance correctly afterwards?
Yes,completely trued and straight. he used to do all the luxury dealerships, BMW Mercedes Porsche etc

Anyone have any luck with getting their wheels repaired? My car is in the shop for some weird noises the car was making, and while there I was told that 2 of my wheels are bent and need to be replaced (19in). I know there was some alignment issue that seemed to come out of nowhere, but I thought that would have to do with the weird suspension noise the car was making, not that 2 rims were apparently bent!

Where are you located?

Anyone have any luck with getting their wheels repaired? My car is in the shop for some weird noises the car was making, and while there I was told that 2 of my wheels are bent and need to be replaced (19in). I know there was some alignment issue that seemed to come out of nowhere, but I thought that would have to do with the weird suspension noise the car was making, not that 2 rims were apparently bent!
Smacking the crap out of the wheels is a great way to mess up alignment. Force strong enough to bend a cast rim is easily enough to throw off alignment. You need to find out where the bend in the rim is located. A dent in the outer part of the rim is usually repairable. But if the dent goes deep/low into the wall of the rim, where the bead sits, often not.

I have seen rims bent badly from smacking curbs potholes etc but that impact did not rupture the tire. Of course they were 18 or 19s and 45 or taller ratio sidewally. Would never happen with our 21s

IMHO, I would worry about tires that survived an impact forceful enough to seriously bend a cast rim. Carefully look inside the tire carcess for anything funky.

I would hope that the Lucid techs that have the car would do their due diligence! They are going to be sending me a quote for the 2 wheels...

I have a guy that does a lot of exotics and used to do most of the high end dealerships. He did 4 of my wheels. Might be a little north for you about 50 miles north of NYC. Usually about 125-150 per wheel. I would recommend buying an extra rim or two so you can easily switch while waiting for the old to be worked on

Back