Right headlight malfunction

KingRichard

Cars
Lucid Touring
I get a message “right headlight malfunction”. I’ve taken pics of the message and sent to techs. They can’t duplicate and say no records or any error codes on the vehicle. Car has gone in twice. It sits there, they drive it around and then return it to me with no resolution. I believe I only get the message when driving in the rain. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Attachments

• IMG_1778.jpeg
    IMG_1778.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 124
Never has this issue, get it checked by a technician and call CS
Lucid technicians attempted to fix the car twice but found no error codes, so there's nothing for them to fix.

If the experts can't fix it, it's time for an alternative fix from this forum.

I've had the headlight replaced once, but this error still happens to me about once a month. The light is also out when it happens. I've found that a soft reboot solves it for another few weeks - you may want to try a reboot.

Lucid technicians attempted to fix the car twice but found no error codes, so there's nothing for them to fix.

If the experts can't fix it, it's time for an alternative fix from this forum.
I'd press and speak to CS manager.

You have an image of the error. You need further investigation from them.

Popping a warning message such as this on the screen should be recording that fact in the car's logging system, along with other diagnostic information about it... I've come into existing software projects in the past that suffered from such implementations and fixing those alert/logging subsystems has always led to a more supportable and more easily fixed product.

I get a message “right headlight malfunction”. I’ve taken pics of the message and sent to techs. They can’t duplicate and say no records or any error codes on the vehicle. Car has gone in twice. It sits there, they drive it around and then return it to me with no resolution. I believe I only get the message when driving in the rain. Anyone else having a similar issue?

The same thing happened to me five days ago. I was pulling into the garage in daytime, and the headlights normally come on as I enter. I got the identical message, and I could tell by the reflection off the wall that the right headlight was out. I called Customer Service and they called back the next day to scheduled a transport to truck the car over to the Miami Service Center, as headlight replacement requires removal of the front bumper. They made no mention of having checked for software error codes.

I did not drive the car again until this morning, and I noticed both headlights were functioning. I called Customer Service to inquire whether the car needed to be taken in, as I want to avoid unnecessary bumper removals (due to aftermarket radar/laser detection installation). They said there was no need to take the car in. I was unable to talk to anyone actually in the Service Center, with someone at a central desk just conveying messages back and forth, so I was unable to find out what experience the Service Center about others having this issue.

Is this resolved?

The same thing happened to me five days ago. I was pulling into the garage in daytime, and the headlights normally come on as I enter. I got the identical message, and I could tell by the reflection off the wall that the right headlight was out. I called Customer Service and they called back the next day to scheduled a transport to truck the car over to the Miami Service Center, as headlight replacement requires removal of the front bumper. They made no mention of having checked for software error codes.

I did not drive the car again until this morning, and I noticed both headlights were functioning. I called Customer Service to inquire whether the car needed to be taken in, as I want to avoid unnecessary bumper removals (due to aftermarket radar/laser detection installation). They said there was no need to take the car in. I was unable to talk to anyone actually in the Service Center, with someone at a central desk just conveying messages back and forth, so I was unable to find out what experience the Service Center about others having this issue.

You need to take it in... if it failed once, it will fail again. There is no "SW fix" for this...

You need to take it in... if it failed once, it will fail again. There is no "SW fix" for this...

Actually, I think software could be the problem. I had forgotten about it until this afternoon, but a few months after we got our first Dream Edition (we're on the second one now), both headlights failed one evening while every other system in the car was working. We had to pull off the road, and after a reboot the lights came back on. They did not fail again in the additional year we had the car.

Two months ago, left front headlight went on the fritz. Drove car to Service Center. They were unable to determine cause of fault, so out of an abundance of caution, replaced both left and right headlights.

Two weeks ago, car went in for annual service and to remedy some minor issues. Car was returned home two days ago. Ten minutes after tow driver unloads car, I drive it into my garage and fault message for right headlight appeared. Asked tow driver to stand by while I ask SC how they want to proceed. Tow driver reloads car back on his bed and returns car to SC and I practice patience while awaiting diagnosis and fix.

I tell myself, "It's just a car."

Attachments

• IMG_5562.jpeg
    IMG_5562.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_5835.jpeg
    IMG_5835.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 29
Two months ago, left front headlight went on the fritz. Drove car to Service Center. They were unable to determine cause of fault, so out of an abundance of caution, replaced both left and right headlights.

Two weeks ago, car went in for annual service and to remedy some minor issues. Car was returned home two days ago. Ten minutes after tow driver unloads car, I drive it into my garage and fault message for right headlight appeared. Asked tow driver to stand by while I ask SC how they want to proceed. Tow driver reloads car back on his bed and returns car to SC and I practice patience while awaiting diagnosis and fix.

I tell myself, "It's just a car."
Did those mice get to some cabling?

Just an update on my situation. After 2 trips they finally replaced the headlight module even Though their systems didn’t record the error messages I was getting. After they fixed it I had to send it back again as they didn’t realign the headlights. I haven’t had any problems with the lights since. I too have to remember it’s just a car.

Did those mice get to some cabling?
Nope. No wiring was damaged.

When car was in for annual service last week, techs did find a nest in rear of car. Had to have it de-mousified. They said it’s the first time they’ve come across this issue.

Lesson learned is not to let car sit in garage for too many days. Need to drive it more often.

Don’t need excuse anymore to take it out and put the pedal to the metal,

I had the same warning but only when it was well below freezing. The light was out. Service replaced the light and it has been fine since. They said getting that error was a known issue for a batch of headlights.

I had the same warning but only when it was well below freezing. The light was out. Service replaced the light and it has been fine since. They said getting that error was a known issue for a batch of headlights.
Good to know.

In my case, ambient outdoor temp was in 40’s.

As you said, it may be a bad batch of lights from factory. Maybe it’s a quality control problem.

I just hope they’re able to find a definitive cause so we can put this the proverbial rear view mirror.

Back