Retrofit DreamDrive Premium

I actually find this thread kind of comical. Just a few months ago owners were saying that Pro was a giant waste and not worth the money. Now we have folks asking how to upgrade to it. We certainly have come full circle!
Pro, as it stood, didn't do enough to warrant the theoretical cost when I bought my car. I didn't pay extra for it though. I would have liked to have seen the current software in place a year ago, but Lucid never promised me any delivery date, nor did they explicitly promise the features in the latest update, although it was clear that it was coming eventually.

In terms of price, some people would have had to have paid $9000 for it. It's now $2500. But a person buying the car today pays for options that were standard when I got my car, so it evens out. I think it's worth it for somebody buying the car now, especially with the new features. For people who bought the car and would have needed to have paid $9000 more, it's harder to say. But even though it's cheaper on paper now, it's also the case that some things that were included when I got my car are now extra costs, so it's really more a matter of shuffling costs around.

Back