RESOLVED Regen turns off while parking?

segbrk

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring
I just picked up my new Touring today. I've only driven around the city a little bit so far, but I'm pretty much used to the regen braking. It's not the first time I've driven a car with regen.

My only problem so far is the car keeps trying to crash itself when I'm parking. Pulling up behind someone at a light, no problem. I let off the accelerator slowly and come to a smooth stop. Pulling up in a parking spot, with or without a car in front of me, it seems like regen decides to turn off at the last second with about 10-20in remaining. The car lurches forward for a second, the emergency STOP warning comes on, and I brake hard.

Am I doing something wrong here, is this my very own special bug, or is this just something I'll come to understand and work with?

Huh, I forgot creep was a thing that I should check for. I'll take a look when I'm back in the car shortly. But shouldn't creep also be creeping when I pull up to a traffic light? I thought creep was supposed to apply light acceleration any time I'm not on the brake, not just when I'm approaching an obstacle.

Huh, I forgot creep was a thing that I should check for. I'll take a look when I'm back in the car shortly. But shouldn't creep also be creeping when I pull up to a traffic light? I thought creep was supposed to apply light acceleration any time I'm not on the brake, not just when I'm approaching an obstacle.
Please take a look at the manual. These things are pretty important to avoid an accident. Creep mode require a tap of the accelerator to enable it. It even says that on the dash when it is enabled. Also, check that hold mode is turned on. This will automatically apply and hold the brakes when you come to a stop so the car doesn’t roll.

Thanks Bobby, I read the entire manual before I picked up the car, but I guess this part didn't sink in. Probably worth a re-read now that I can see and fiddle with the things it's talking about. I do have hold mode on.

My problem relates to parking. When I release the brake with the care in “drive.” with my foot completely off the accelerator pedal, the car lurches forward until I press the brake again. In reverse it does exactly the opposite. “Creep’ is enabled, but car is NOT in “creep” mode when this happens!

My problem relates to parking. When I release the brake with the care in “drive.” with my foot completely off the accelerator pedal, the car lurches forward until I press the brake again. In reverse it does exactly the opposite. “Creep’ is enabled, but car is NOT in “creep” mode when this happens!
What is “creep” mode? Creep occurs whenever you are stopped, as opposed to hold, no?

Do you have "roll" enabled?

No, "roll" is not enabled. The Lucid Air tech person suggested that I reboot the system. Doing that has made a world of difference - now the car is drivable and the radio and Apple CarPlay both work!

Back