Refund on order?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will address all the recent comments as to my comment concerning CarPlay, jointly.

You can attack me all you like and spin crazy idea like "compatible" doesn't really mean "compatible". It doesn't address the issues.

When I decided to purchase an electric vehicle, the number one priority for me was that the user interface be a good one. Because I was used to CarPlay on other cars, and because CarPlay is the number one user interface for luxury vehicles, that's what I wanted. When I looked into it, I found out Tesla did not have CarPlay. Furthermore, Elon Musk made it clear that his ongoing fight with Apple meant Tesla was never going to have CarPlay. So I rejected Tesla.

But Lucid assured me that it did provide CarPlay and I (apparently foolishly) believed them. Like many others, no doubt, I relied on Lucid's representations in making my purchase. So when I took delivery on the vehicle, I assumed it would have CarPlay. But, of course, it didn't. Lucid lied to us. You can try to sugar coat it all you like, but that's the only accurate characterization. Lucid lied to us. When I complained to Lucid about it the Lucid rep told me that Lucid would have CarPlay “by the end of the year.” Well here we are. It’s the end of the year and still no CarPlay. So am I angry about that? Absolutely. I don’t like being lied to. Perhaps you find that to be acceptable, but I don't.

Now I'm hearing people say that, with regard to the contract we have with Lucid, “there isn’t a court anywhere in the US that would find Lucid in violation of anything in the use of “compatible” on their web site” a ridiculous statement. Further, if you want to get your money back on a car that promised you CarPlay people out here find that unacceptable. If Lucid lies to us about what the cars can do, “there isn’t a court anywhere in the US” that would do something about it, but if you want to get a refund on your thousand dollars down payment, because Lucid lied, forget it. That is the position many are taking.

As for the “speculation,” that you say you find of little use, that's all that's going on out here about Lucid and CarPlay. I've even heard people talk about how it's Apple's fault. God forbid we point the finger at Lucid. “There's licensing issues” some say. But of course, neither apple nor Lucid has ever said it has licensing issues. That is the speculation. That's speculation blaming Apple rather than Lucid when it is Lucid that lied.

Also, saying, Lucid “is certainly less deceptive (if at all) than other car companies out there; one just has to point to “full self driving” to see that” is just more of the same. You are saying, in affect, “if Lucid lied (you just can’t bring yourself to admit it did) Tesla was worse about its full self driving claims. But I don’t see how saying “Tesla is worse” addresses the issue. I don’t care if Tesla is worse. I care that Lucid has been lying to us. People need to stop making excuses for Lucid.

Finally, I will do as you ask. I will leave you some constructive criticism. Lucid needs to put out a press release. Are they or are they not going to release CarPlay and Android Auto for the Lucid? It is a simple request that Lucid should not fear addressing unless they don’t plan on releasing it. I am not at all impressed by Lucid's inability to write decent software. I don't know how anyone justifies the idea that Lucid can sit silently by and not tell people what they are they going to do about an issue that is clearly the number one problem and that they've been promising in their sales literature. If Lucid gets hit with a class action on this, it will diminish my car, and yours, considerably. I don't want to see that.
Glad to hear that your not arguing the point as if you did I'm sure it would be a whopper!

Finally, I will do as you ask. I will leave you some constructive criticism. Lucid needs to put out a press release. Are they or are they not going to release CarPlay and Android Auto for the Lucid? It is a simple request that Lucid should not fear addressing unless they don’t plan on releasing it.
Of course they're going to release them. They have said as much numerous times. As @borski posted above, Derek Jenkins said they were working towards getting CarPlay out by the end of the year during his Reddit AMA, but it seems like they're still working the bugs out and/or waiting for Apple approval to be able to release it. It may still be released before Sunday, but more likely it'll be delayed. Would you want them to release it prematurely to meet the EOY goal, or get it right so there isn't incessant complaining about it being in beta like with Sirius?

Are they or are they not going to release CarPlay and Android Auto for the Lucid?
They have said this over and over again. I’m not sure what else you want other than exactly that, which they’ve said.

For now, be a little bit patient (it is the holidays after all, so maybe have some eggnog and enjoy the holiday spirit) and get excited for when it does come out, which, again, they have said will happen.

Happy holidays.

I will address all the recent comments as to my comment concerning CarPlay, jointly.

You can attack me all you like and spin crazy idea like "compatible" doesn't really mean "compatible". It doesn't address the issues.

When I decided to purchase an electric vehicle, the number one priority for me was that the user interface be a good one. Because I was used to CarPlay on other cars, and because CarPlay is the number one user interface for luxury vehicles, that's what I wanted. When I looked into it, I found out Tesla did not have CarPlay. Furthermore, Elon Musk made it clear that his ongoing fight with Apple meant Tesla was never going to have CarPlay. So I rejected Tesla.

But Lucid assured me that it did provide CarPlay and I (apparently foolishly) believed them. Like many others, no doubt, I relied on Lucid's representations in making my purchase. So when I took delivery on the vehicle, I assumed it would have CarPlay. But, of course, it didn't. Lucid lied to us. You can try to sugar coat it all you like, but that's the only accurate characterization. Lucid lied to us. When I complained to Lucid about it the Lucid rep told me that Lucid would have CarPlay “by the end of the year.” Well here we are. It’s the end of the year and still no CarPlay. So am I angry about that? Absolutely. I don’t like being lied to. Perhaps you find that to be acceptable, but I don't.

Now I'm hearing people say that, with regard to the contract we have with Lucid, “there isn’t a court anywhere in the US that would find Lucid in violation of anything in the use of “compatible” on their web site” a ridiculous statement. Further, if you want to get your money back on a car that promised you CarPlay people out here find that unacceptable. If Lucid lies to us about what the cars can do, “there isn’t a court anywhere in the US” that would do something about it, but if you want to get a refund on your thousand dollars down payment, because Lucid lied, forget it. That is the position many are taking.

As for the “speculation,” that you say you find of little use, that's all that's going on out here about Lucid and CarPlay. I've even heard people talk about how it's Apple's fault. God forbid we point the finger at Lucid. “There's licensing issues” some say. But of course, neither apple nor Lucid has ever said it has licensing issues. That is the speculation. That's speculation blaming Apple rather than Lucid when it is Lucid that lied.

Also, saying, Lucid “is certainly less deceptive (if at all) than other car companies out there; one just has to point to “full self driving” to see that” is just more of the same. You are saying, in affect, “if Lucid lied (you just can’t bring yourself to admit it did) Tesla was worse about its full self driving claims. But I don’t see how saying “Tesla is worse” addresses the issue. I don’t care if Tesla is worse. I care that Lucid has been lying to us. People need to stop making excuses for Lucid.

Finally, I will do as you ask. I will leave you some constructive criticism. Lucid needs to put out a press release. Are they or are they not going to release CarPlay and Android Auto for the Lucid? It is a simple request that Lucid should not fear addressing unless they don’t plan on releasing it. I am not at all impressed by Lucid's inability to write decent software. I don't know how anyone justifies the idea that Lucid can sit silently by and not tell people what they are they going to do about an issue that is clearly the number one problem and that they've been promising in their sales literature. If Lucid gets hit with a class action on this, it will diminish my car, and yours, considerably. I don't want to see that.
Good grief! You sound like an ambulance chaser. I hope this is your closing argument so we don’t have to hear it anymore.

Nowhere did the OP state anything about CarPlay, they were concerned about not receiving their car by the end of Q1 which hasn’t even begun yet.

I don’t know. @Ned has the law on his side and wields his razor sharp blade of justice with impunity so we’d better listen. I think it’s time for me to retain legal counsel and get Lucid to take my car back cuz it doesn’t currently have something which it will have soon, also to get Elon to return all those “Full Self Driving” cars, and Ray’s Pizza in NYC to refund me for all those “world’s best pizza” slices I ate which in fact were definitely missing the “world’s best” feature they promised. I think if I paid an attorney a retainer of $5,000 it would be totally worth it to me to try send my car back, have Lucid fight me in court, have a judge decide CarPlay is probably a $1,000 feature and those were the damages I was entitled to, and also maybe if I won then Lucid could pay my legal fees. Thanks for the free legal advice!

Also once I get CarPlay can I sue Lucid for damages for the months I did not have CarPlay? Hope those bozos at that so called “car company” have a good legal team.

You can spin the word "compatible" all you like, but the issue is "it is well established that a communication is deceptive where it can be reasonably read to have two or more different meanings."
This is comical. I'm not spinning anything - I'm relying on dictionaries to tell me what compatible means. I stated I can't find a definition for compatible that is consistent with your viewpoint. The first thing that would happen is a stack of dictionaries would be produced and a reading of definitions which would all match my viewpoint. Please provide the basis for your reasonable different meaning. You read a sentence and interpret it to mean something. But a reasonable person would rely on the generally accepted meaning of the word, not what you wish it to mean.

You've written a lot of words but never touched on how "compatible" can be reasonably read to have two or more different meanings where one of those meanings supports your view. Please provide the text and source where compatible matches what you are stating.

This is comical. I'm not spinning anything - I'm relying on dictionaries to tell me what compatible means. I stated I can't find a definition for compatible that is consistent with your viewpoint. The first thing that would happen is a stack of dictionaries would be produced and a reading of definitions which would all match my viewpoint. Please provide the basis for your reasonable different meaning. You read a sentence and interpret it to mean something. But a reasonable person would rely on the generally accepted meaning of the word, not what you wish it to mean.

You've written a lot of words but never touched on how "compatible" can be reasonably read to have two or more different meanings where one of those meanings supports your view. Please provide the text and source where compatible matches what you are stating.
I vehemently disagree with your request asking him to post more on this topic hehehe.

Are you always this angry? It’s not a cheerleading site, but it is frequented by people who tend to be pretty happy folks. We realize there are many problems in life that are far greater than the absence of CarPlay on our Lucids. Believe me, I wish it were there, too. I have it on my other vehicles and use it frequently. I have personally called out Lucid on this and at this point I am under the impression it will be added soon. I was hoping to see it by now, but I am too busy enjoying the holidays and my beautiful family to sit around and be pissed off over such a minor thing.
The post didn't sound angry to me. IMHO.

While I dislike the incessant arguing about this, I do agree that the wording with "compatible" is highly misleading. I read it to mean that they have carplay, and was surprised to later learn that they do not yet.

As an example, Tesla is carplay compatible. It has the capability to communicate with phones, a bitmap display, and powerful enough computers to implement carplay. The feature is not there and they have stated that they will not implement it. But they are compatible. By Lucid specifically saying this, they are implying that they have carplay.

I'm someone who vowed never to buy another car without carplay. Because everyone here was saying it will be released "real soon now", I decided not to cancel my order. But I have been unhappy about this the whole time I've had the car. On the other hand, I don't like to complain, so haven't been posting this, and won't bring it up again. But there are people who feel this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back