Received an email to confirm my Grand Touring order

Muhammad

E2A9A033-9EB2-4E4E-BE55-EC9A5BE2CC32.jpeg

I wonder if I can hold off on this but retain my reservation? I’d like to see if a tri-motor air is to be announced sometime next year or if they add the automatic doors back along with the air suspension.

So am I to assume that all the Dream orders have been completed?
They have at least “confirmed” all of the Dream Reservations. As for production, they seem to be still working on them. I have been told that the first GTs will be rolling off this month after the Dreams are complete.

I got the email and decided to go to the Century City studio and actually check out the car before making my deposit non-refundable. I liked the looks, but the pre-production demo they had was glitchy and they couldn't answer all my questions, but said they'd submit them and someone would get back to me. Leo, with whom I'd talked before, called and answered most of my questions, but I told him I wasn't ready to commit till I actually got to drive a finalized Grand Touring. He was OK with that, and assured me that I'd keep my spot in line.

They don't give their source, but "InsideEVs" is reporting that production for Grand Tourings has already begun:

I think that comment was almost a passing remark, "Currently only the $169,000 Dream Edition and $139,000 Grand Touring are in production."

I'm not sure I would take it literally. Of course if Lucid was more forthcoming we wouldn't have to play the conjecturing game.

"In production" is rather ill-defined. I was told my DE was "in the early stages of production" three weeks before I received the VIN over two weeks ago, and I have still received no word on delivery.

We're heading into the second week of December. Having Grand Tourings "in production" could still mean no deliveries until later in January.

"In production" is rather ill-defined. I was told my DE was "in the early stages of production" three weeks before I received the VIN over two weeks ago, and I have still received no word on delivery.

We're heading into the second week of December. Having Grand Tourings "in production" could still mean no deliveries until later in January.

I would think perhaps even February or beyond. For my DE, I haven‘t even made it to the “early stages of production” yet, nor have I received a VIN. Last week, one of the guys at the West Palm Beach studio said they had 484 Dream Editions to deliver in December. That seems like a big task and I don’t believe there were any deliveries there this past weekend. I hope I’m wrong but I’m thinking I won’t see mine until sometime in January.

I hope I’m wrong but I’m thinking I won’t see mine until sometime in January.

I hope you're wrong, too, but I fear you may not be. I asked my Delivery Advisor last week about rumors that Dream deliveries had been temporarily suspended. She denied it and assured me that all Dream Editions would be delivered by year end. However, I've received enough misinformation about order of production from Lucid not to take such assurances seriously.

I was set up for home delivery in Naples but was asked last week if I would consider picking up the car in West Palm Beach. That's almost 3 hours away, so I asked about delivery at the Miami studio but was told their downtown location in a sidewalk mall made it unsuitable for deliveries. So our delivery venue is not yet established, as we're having several rounds of company over the holidays, and Lucid still can't give me a delivery window. (I got my VIN on November 19.) I don't want to lose an entire day dealing with car delivery on the other side of the state.

I suspect I won't be the only Dream Edition customer for whom the holidays will create delivery issues, with many customers traveling and/or having guests.

I hope you're wrong, too, but I fear you may not be. I asked my Delivery Advisor last week about rumors that Dream deliveries had been temporarily suspended. She denied it and assured me that all Dream Editions would be delivered by year end. However, I've received enough misinformation about order of production from Lucid not to take such assurances seriously.

I was set up for home delivery in Naples but was asked last week if I would consider picking up the car in West Palm Beach. That's almost 3 hours away, so I asked about delivery at the Miami studio but was told their downtown location in a sidewalk mall made it unsuitable for deliveries. So our delivery venue is not yet established, as we're having several rounds of company over the holidays, and Lucid still can't give me a delivery window. (I got my VIN on November 19.) I don't want to lose an entire day dealing with car delivery on the other side of the state.

I suspect I won't be the only Dream Edition customer for whom the holidays will create delivery issues, with many customers traveling and/or having guests.
I wish Lucid was more transparent in their communication.

For what it's worth, I haven't received my VIN yet but have been assured both by my delivery advisor and the director of sales that all DE will be delivered by the end of the year. Mine won't be before I go out of town for the holidays (around the 15th) but I am having a friend receive my delivery at my home for me; Lucid will deliver, drive it into my garage, plug it in, and then we will schedule a followup visit when I'm back in town.

While the holidays *will* create issues for people, Lucid at least appears to be willing to coordinate and work with customers to make it happen.

Of course, I presently don't have a VIN or delivery date yet, so I guess we'll see to be certain.

While the holidays *will* create issues for people, Lucid at least appears to be willing to coordinate and work with customers to make it happen.

Lucid did offer to provide me transport over to West Palm Beach to pick up the car. I told them that I would be amenable to making the trip over to pick up the car as long as it didn't interfere with plans with my holiday visitors. The problem is that they still can't give me a delivery window, so I can't commit to getting over to West Palm.

Perhaps it's because Lucid is new to delivery logistics, but friends who recently bought a VW ID.4 and a Mustang Mach-E were kept far more in the loop as their cars moved through the production / delivery process. VW informed my friend by emails when his car was assigned a VIN, when it finished production, when it was put on a ship in Hamburg, when it was due at port in Florida, and when to expect it at the dealer. Ford, which encountered delays due to chip shortages, kept my friend apprised, including telling him that his car had finished production and was in storage on a lot at a factory in Mexico awaiting the chip. He was then informed when the chip was installed and the car was turned over to transport.

By contrast, my friend who took delivery of his Dream Edition in Orlando was given such short notice of delivery that he did not have time to get down here from his home in New York and had to delay delivery for a week.

Got an update call from CS just to tell me they were still targeting a delivery by year end and product is continuously being perfected...He did mention they were all working long hours. Make of that what you will but chances of few hundred DEs being delivered over the next 3 weeks are slim to none

Got an update call from CS just to tell me they were still targeting a delivery by year end and product is continuously being perfected...He did mention they were all working long hours. Make of that what you will but chances of few hundred DEs being delivered over the next 3 weeks are slim to none
I have the T on reservation. I probably won’t see it until Q3-4, 2022.

I called my Delivery Advisor for an update today. She said today's report from the production line was that my car was still either in the "final stages" of production or waiting to be readied for transport. I asked if I could be sure of getting the car by year end in order to preserve the federal tax credit, and she stopped somewhat short of an assurance and instead gave the more ambiguous answer of, "that's our goal".

It's been five weeks since I was told the car was "in the early stages" of production and over two weeks since I was given a VIN (which i was earlier told came near the end of production). I don't know what Lucid defines as the start point and end point of production, but five weeks by any measure seems an awfully long time.

And the "product is continuously being perfected"? That's an odd thing to say about a car that we were told last March was being delayed for months in order to assure top-notch quality in the first copy off the production line. Should I be glad my car is apparently near the end of the Dream production queue . . . or worried that I should have waited another year or two for the tri-motor?

I called my Delivery Advisor for an update today. She said today's report from the production line was that my car was still either in the "final stages" of production or waiting to be readied for transport. I asked if I could be sure of getting the car by year end in order to preserve the federal tax credit, and she stopped somewhat short of an assurance and instead gave the more ambiguous answer of, "that's our goal".

It's been five weeks since I was told the car was "in the early stages" of production and over two weeks since I was given a VIN (which i was earlier told came near the end of production). I don't know what Lucid defines as the start point and end point of production, but five weeks by any measure seems an awfully long time.

And the "product is continuously being perfected"? That's an odd thing to say about a car that we were told last March was being delayed for months in order to assure top-notch quality in the first copy off the production line. Should I be glad my car is apparently near the end of the Dream production queue . . . or worried that I should have waited another year or two for the tri-motor?

Unfortunately, this reminds me of the "slow no" banks give you when they are going to turn you down for a mortgage/loan. If it weren't for no other cars being delivered I would have said this was related to color choice. Those with stock SEC backgrounds can chime in as to whether this subpoena could be causing this.

Unfortunately, this reminds me of the "slow no" banks give you when they are going to turn you down for a mortgage/loan. If it weren't for no other cars being delivered I would have said this was related to color choice. Those with stock SEC backgrounds can chime in as to whether this subpoena could be causing this.
I wouldn’t think so. I’m not a lawyer but have been CFO of 2 NYSE traded companies and am currently on the Board of a Fortune 100. I can’t see how the subpoena (as disclosed by Lucid) could have anything to do with deliveries. If anything, as @hmp10 previously said, you would think they would want to speed up these deliveries. I do think the subpoena or expectation of a subpoena might make them much less communicative.

I'd guess that "in the early stages" can mean that generic body parts or battery packs meant for the car were being produced and could have been stockpiled for weeks waiting for the car to get on the assembly line. And that "the product is continuously being perfected" is corporate speak for "we ran into production problems and are working them out." Being a DE reservation holder = volunteering for beta testing.

While the car itself seems to be of high quality and excellent design, the quality of the production (See @hydbob for his posts on quality issues regarding the trunk) may still be problematic. Plus, there is the Zenith Red issue. But at least if a car is in the final stages of production, that would imply that the Zenith Red issue has been successfully addressed.

As for the subpoena, the delivery advisors will have to be very careful about what assurances they give, as promises made by the company may be under investigation. The best way to deal with that (from Lucid's POV) is to not provide any. I fortunately don't have experience with SEC subpoenas, but in the biotech industry, corporate integrity agreements (CIAs) or the threat of them usually cause companies to become extremely careful about what any employee at any level says both internally and externally.

Back