Rear-view mirror - curb view

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats, this site behaves exactly like the Tesla forums. You should be proud.

The point is simple: Lucid can't do less than its competition on basic features and disappoint consumers. If it does, it will not sell cars successfully.
There are many basic features in ICE being obsolete in process. Software with 80 computer chips on board and plenty of hardware will make new features as car age and customer demand. If you are afraid of first 2 years, you are welcome back to check it out couple more years later.

Agreed. That's exactly the point; people will elect not to buy if issues persist that are disappointments.

This is not about me as I already have one. This is about being successful beyond the few people who are okay with all deficiencies. That's not the majority of people and that will not achieve success.

Ok...so seems like we took a wrong turn with the point of my post. I have zero issue if you're pissed that Lucid doesn't have one basic ICE feature or all ICE features ever made. It's your prerogative and that's fine. My point was by expressly calling out a much lower priced ICE car with that price while leaving out all of the things that the Lucid has that the much lower priced ICE does not, you're creating an artificial argument that Lucid is somehow inferior to that car. Hell, mention the car by name, openly state why the feature is so important, or talk about the myriad vehicles you've owned that have it as well. But adding the price intentionally creates the artificial implication that the car is not as good as these much cheaper cars because of the lack of the cherry-picked one feature.

The point is simple: Lucid can't do less than its competition on basic features and disappoint consumers. If it does, it will not sell cars successfully.
Bookmarking for future claim chowder.

I know it feels like people are piling on, and that we're all just sheepishly defending Lucid here. I assure you, that's not the case.

You're just making a not-so-great argument.

Everyone who has responded to you has had plenty of negativity to send Lucid's way from time to time. They just don't agree with you that catering to Honda Civic customers is a good strategy for a young startup brand that is leaning towards the high-end luxury market for now.

When Lucid does finally ship a cheaper car, then they will have to be careful to spec it equally to similarly priced cars in that price range. People who buy expensive cars generally don't think that way. Heck, Lamborghini got away with selling massively expensive cars that broke down regularly and didn't even have air conditioning in the 80s. Why? Because if you had the money, a Lambo made you look a thousand times cooler than a Camry. End of story.

Lucid is obviously not Lamborghini, but they are closer to that base of customers than they are to Honda, Hyundai, Chevy, etc. They are never going to win in a battle of the feature checklists. They will win (or lose) based on the perception of the brand. The status of ownership.

At least until they can make a car most people can afford. Which is roughly 4-5 years out, at least.

This thinking that they have to be better and have the features of every car is in your head and is your issue. You are trying to make it everyones and are clearly unable to see that these are your expectations. You are disappointed. We get it. How many times do you feel you need to express this and/or bash others for your expectations?

I researched all I could about this car, went to see prototypes several times in person at the studio, even measured out the trunk, checked to see where the nearest service center would be and test drove, all before I placed my confirmation order. The car has every single feature I wanted as a long time EV driver.

I've gone from a BMW 325i to a Jeep Cherokee, Prius, Sienna, i3, Model S and now a Lucid. There were several steps up and down between each car and no two were remotely similar, but each one fit my needs at that time in my life. That's how choice works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back