Rear Door Locks

LuciPearl

Cars
Air Grand Touring
Can a rear seat passenger lock their door? Or does the driver have to lock the door? My wife is a back seat rider who must immediately lock the door upon entering. In our 2015 S Class only the driver can lock the door immediately following passenger entry.

Can a rear seat passenger lock their door? Or does the driver have to lock the door? My wife is a back seat rider who must immediately lock the door upon entering. In our 2015 S Class only the driver can lock the door immediately following passenger entry.
There are no door lock/unlock mechanisms in the Lucid by the doors. Currently, you can only lock/unlock all the doors through the pilot panel.

There are no door lock/unlock mechanisms in the Lucid by the doors. Currently, you can only lock/unlock all the doors through the pilot panel.

You can also do it at the left dash.

Would be nice to add this to the rear climate screen for passengers.

I haven’t actually tried, but does the mechanical unlock work when the doors are locked? Meaning, pulling hard on the trigger?

I haven’t actually tried, but does the mechanical unlock work when the doors are locked? Meaning, pulling hard on the trigger?
It should, otherwise wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a mechanical override?

It should, otherwise wouldn't that defeat the purpose of a mechanical override?

Well, the mechanical override is there in case the electronic trigger fails for whatever reason, not *necessarily* for when the door is actually locked.

I don’t know the answer and haven’t tried, so am curious.

Back