Rangexchange V2V Testimonials

Ledmi

Member

Verified Owner
Joined
Mar 30, 2025
Messages
56
Reaction score
31
Location
Montreal
Cars
Lucid Air Touring
Testimonials
I own a 2023 Lucid Air Touring, and I just purchased a new RangeXchange V2V cable. My daughters have Tesla cars and are often in the mountains at the cottage. I wanted to know if any members have used the V2V with Teslas?
Can we send power to the Tesla and vice versa take power from the Tesla to the Lucid using the appropriate NACS adapters?
Thank you in advance
Michel
 
You’ll be able to send power from the lucid just fine, the other way around won’t work. I use mine to charge our NACS Rivian often with an adapter.
 
The cable alone is not enough, you also need the correct version of the mobile charging cable kit (v2).

I have tried the RangeXchange on everything from a Tesla model Y to a Nissan Ariya (in a workplace carpark) when I first got it, works perfectly.

I would leave my car charging, parked front in, then have coworkers pull up behind me. The mobile charger and adapter allowed me to plug in and reach them without too much trouble. Although another couple of feet would have been nice.
 
RangeXChange works great with our Volvo, we use it often.
It only works to send power from a Lucid to another car, not from another car to a Lucid. This is a limitation of other EVs.
 
What do you means by this
« The cable alone is not enough, you also need the correct version of the mobile charging cable kit (v2). »
 
What do you means by this
« The cable alone is not enough, you also need the correct version of the mobile charging cable kit (v2). »
The cables that originally shipped with some of the Airs (early on) did not have V2V capability. Newer ones do. There is a symbol on the charging cable that indicates it.
 
The V2 mobile charger has this image on it:
IMG_8576.webp
 
Back
Top