Radio Antenna Replaced

I completely agree that the AM/FM reception is not up to par. I have found the two stations I enjoy on streaming services, one on IHeartRadio and the other on SirusXM. They are crystal clear and available anywhere I go. Perhaps check to see if your favorites are similarly available.

Despite the radio issues, I still very much feel that the Lucid is a luxury car.

My FM receiver is terrible in my GT and when I go through specific parts of my commute where the radio is completely fuzzy. I listen to my local NPR station a lot and it always seems to happen when the most crucial parts of the story are being discussed. I was told by the BH studio that there was nothing they could do about it when I brought it up to them over a year ago. I hope it is addressed by Lucid as I agree that a true luxury vehicle should not have this issue.

My FM receiver is terrible in my GT and when I go through specific parts of my commute where the radio is completely fuzzy. I listen to my local NPR station a lot and it always seems to happen when the most crucial parts of the story are being discussed. I was told by the BH studio that there was nothing they could do about it when I brought it up to them over a year ago. I hope it is addressed by Lucid as I agree that a true luxury vehicle should not have this issue.
Have you tried using a streaming service such as Spotify to listen to NPR?

I prefer to listen to the local NPR affiliate station, of which I am a member. Gotta make use of the dues that I pay! hehe. I guess I could use carplay and stream through their app although I haven't tried. This brings me to another issue: I wasn't able to get carplay to work for me after several attempts and I havent't tried to connect again since.

That doesn't change the fact that a car of this price should not have these issues with AM/FM receiving.

I prefer to listen to the local NPR affiliate station, of which I am a member. Gotta make use of the dues that I pay! hehe. I guess I could use carplay and stream through their app although I haven't tried. This brings me to another issue: I wasn't able to get carplay to work for me after several attempts and I havent't tried to connect again since.

That doesn't change the fact that a car of this price should not have these issues with AM/FM receiving.
If you’d like to, I’m happy to help you get CarPlay working. Send me a DM and we can arrange a time to chat by phone.

I reached out to Lucid Customer Service today about my FM reception being bad in the same areas where my other car has no issues playing the FM.
I was told by the CS that my Lucid does not have any Antenna, and that it uses LTE to stream FM radio. I asked the CS agent to confirm that the car does not have an antenna, and they reiterated that it does not.

How did some of the forum users get a non-existent Antenna replaced?🤔

They didn’t. Unless it was the Cellular antenna that was replaced.

They didn’t. Unless it was the Cellular antenna that was replaced.
That makes sense. I should be asking Lucid to check on my Cellular Antenna then.

Could just be crappy AT&T reception where you drive, unfortunately.

I do hope they eventually let us pick our own carrier for cell data. That would be helpful for those in poor reception areas for one carrier over another.

I reached out to Lucid Customer Service today about my FM reception being bad in the same areas where my other car has no issues playing the FM.
I was told by the CS that my Lucid does not have any Antenna, and that it uses LTE to stream FM radio. I asked the CS agent to confirm that the car does not have an antenna, and they reiterated that it does not.

How did some of the forum users get a non-existent Antenna replaced?🤔
I feel like this begs the question, could an antenna be installed??

There is a local HD radio station that offers three subchannels: HD1, HD 2, and HD3 (each with different programming). My Lexus allows me to simply use the manual tuner to move between the subchannels. My AT FM tuner only sees HD1 (or at least I haven't been able to find a way to tune to HD2, etc.). Original question was whether iHeartRadio does allow you to tune and play all the HD subchannels.
On the right side of the glass cockpit, you'll see a series of numbers above the station ID/graphic if there are substations ("1 2 3 4" if there are four substations). Touching the numbers on the screen allows me to select which one I want. As to why HD radio offers multiple substations buried within one main station is something I may just be bored enough to research tonight.

Oh, my! I came over to this thread to reply to someone who replied to me a couple of weeks ago and saw this.

There is exactly zero chance the car uses LTE to stream all terrestrial radio, and it's scary that a paid representative of Lucid would say such a thing.

I guess technically possible to use the same piece of wire for an FM radio and the receive component of an LTE radio if you're OK with crappy FM performance since, if IIRC, the wavelength of FM is around 3 meters and the lowest LTE frequencies are, or at least used to be, at 700 MHz where the wavelength would be less than half a meter.

Part of my extended road test was to check radio reception. On my trips west from DFW I'm usually listening to The Ticket. Their FM transmitter sends a near-city grade signal to Wichita Falls, and in my Audi (with admittedly poor FM performance) the station typically becomes unpleasant to listen to on Highway 82 around Mankins or Dundee. On a good day it's listenable until just about Seymour.

The Lucid started having issues with the station within the Wichita Falls city limits. Atmospheric conditions have some effect on FM signal range, so it would require multiple runs to come to a solid conclusion, but the radio in the Lucid was pretty weak.

OTOH, the LTE performance was pretty darn good. There was zero interruption in the SXM service, which I used continuously for about 200 miles, even in the cellular wasteland of King and Guthrie counties.

The FM tuner is under the rear trunk lid and has 2 antenna pads stuck to the rear trunk lid, in case you wanted to know....

I have never tried my AM/FM radio. I will give it a go to test it out. But with Tidal and XM sirius radio, I have never had a need to test it.

Just found this thread. Can confirm FM radio reception in the Lucid Air Pure is really abysmal, with my two other vehicles on the same route, same station making zero static, and my Lucid (that I am in love with anyway) is about 25% of the time static.

Back