radar/laser counter measures

kort6776

Verified Owner
Cars
taycan Ipace Air GT
I am taking delivery of an Air GT next week and I am installing the system that I have removed from my Taycan.

does anyone else have any counter measures installed?

I plan on being able to drive this car a bit more spirited because the range is larger and I can waste range with faster driving. having counter measures IMHO is important.

here is a vid of what I had installed on the taycan

That is extremely impressive from an installation standpoint. For the ultimate stroke of irony, you could custom-mount the radar jammers into 11-99 Foundation frames.

How are most installing radars in the air?
Have a uniden R3 I want to install in GT

I am taking delivery of an Air GT next week and I am installing the system that I have removed from my Taycan.

I plan on being able to drive this car a bit more spirited because the range is larger and I can waste range with faster driving. having counter measures IMHO is important.

Pretty cool. What does something like that run $9-$10k ?

Check out my install here: https://lucidowners.com/threads/stinger-vip-radar-laser-system-installed.876/

You can see the guys who did it post here:
And a pretty crazy sound system upgrade here for someone else:

Last edited:
those are well done, however did the installer fully test the system while driving the car? the system would work until the car was put into drive and the car's lidar was in operation.
my installer does live testing and found that when in drive the Lidar system of the car interfered with the forward jamming heads, they are both on the exact same light spectrum and the car's system will confuse the jammer heads. you should give those guys a heads up if they didn't do live testing the system is probably not working properly.

those are well done, however did the installer fully test the system while driving the car? the system would work until the car was put into drive and the car's lidar was in operation.
my installer does live testing and found that when in drive the Lidar system of the car interfered with the forward jamming heads, they are both on the exact same light spectrum and the car's system will confuse the jammer heads. you should give those guys a heads up if they didn't do live testing the system is probably not working properly.
My understanding was they did, but I'll confirm.

It's possible the Stinger fiber optic heads don't have the same problem.

My understanding was they did, but I'll confirm.

It's possible the Stinger fiber optic heads don't have the same problem.
yes, they could be using a different slice of the spectrum

Back