Radar errors and metal buildings

Adnillien

Referral Code K9WIJHB0
Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid GT
Referral Code
K9WIJHB0
I have encountered occasional right or left rear radar errors when parking next to hangars at my local airport since receiving my GT in March. The exact message is "Rear Right Radar Error, Contact Customer Care." You can substitute Left for Right. I have been reporting these to customer care. Last week I left my car with the Scottsdale service team while I was out of town and they investigated this along with taking care of a display issue that I was having. Here is the comment on my service report:

"Engineering has verified the Radar error when around metal buildings and at airports is a known characteristic. They will have an update
in the near future for this concern."

I have encountered occasional right or left rear radar errors when parking next to hangars at my local airport since receiving my GT in March. The exact message is "Rear Right Radar Error, Contact Customer Care." You can substitute Left for Right. I have been reporting these to customer care. Last week I left my car with the Scottsdale service team while I was out of town and they investigated this along with taking care of a display issue that I was having. Here is the comment on my service report:

"Engineering has verified the Radar error when around metal buildings and at airports is a known characteristic. They will have an update
got the same error today as i was passing by SFO airport on 101. i've taken that route 10+ times now but today was the first i got it.

The one that I consistently get is a “drive off alert disabled” followed by a “drive system error warning, contact customer support” when I drive underneath this truck toll radar assembly underneath this bridge near my job. It’s always cured by a reboot and is a false alarm. It never happens if I avoid that route but almost always happens when I go that way.

On top of the above, I get severe screen tearing and scrolling. Have reported this and getting very little help. Pilot panel becomes unusable at airport hangar.

The one that I consistently get is a “drive off alert disabled” followed by a “drive system error warning, contact customer support” when I drive underneath this truck toll radar assembly underneath this bridge near my job. It’s always cured by a reboot and is a false alarm. It never happens if I avoid that route but almost always happens when I go that way.
This highlights the fact that we need a faster and easier reboot sequence.

On top of the above, I get severe screen tearing and scrolling. Have reported this and getting very little help. Pilot panel becomes unusable at airport hangar.
What software v are you on? I was in the early 100 group who have gotten 2.0 (I’m 2.0.12) and tested the location that would scramble my sensors and give me a false drive system warning failure and that issue no longer happens, so perhaps the upcoming OTA will fix this for you.

I am going to try the new software at the airport hangars on Friday. It was not mentioned as one of the items fixed but it will be great if it is fixed.

What software v are you on? I was in the early 100 group who have gotten 2.0 (I’m 2.0.12) and tested the location that would scramble my sensors and give me a false drive system warning failure and that issue no longer happens, so perhaps the upcoming OTA will fix this for you.
Latest 1.2 software, not in the car at the moment. They are telling me that an engineer will come out as it appears to be an EMI interference issue. Would be great if 2.0 fixed it.

I am going to try the new software at the airport hangars on Friday. It was not mentioned as one of the items fixed but it will be great if it is fixed.
Version 2.0.12 did not change the radar errors around metal buildings/hangars at the airport. The errors still occur around metal buildings. In fact, now I see them on the front corner radars as well as the rear. Before I only saw them on the rear. This may be coincidence because I drove in locations around the airport that I had not previously driven. I am not surprised that this bug still exists because fixing low occurrence bugs was not the intent of the 2.0.x update.

Ok good to know. I think my error from the truck toll radar assembly going away was aided by the fact that I just found out Rhode Island court ruled the truck tolls were illegal so they shut the whole thing off. 🙃

Attachments

• 373C9EA9-3A14-4993-9776-01930AF79D80.png
    373C9EA9-3A14-4993-9776-01930AF79D80.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
I don’t need a yacht, my Lucid is one. Here’s the photographic proof:
This is proof that the cars are being assembled in some third world country and being shipped here. Those Bear's workshop flyovers are all fake. The liberals want everyone to believe the car is being assembled in the US to promote their green agenda.

Hey, where are those reporters lurking around these forums? There are a couple of conspiracy theories I would like to discuss with them.

Thanks for the warning. I drove my recently purchased air and went to my hangar at PAO for the first time in this car. Sure enough, "Radar Error".

Scared the bejesus out of me at first. But then I found this posting.

Thanks for the warning. I drove my recently purchased air and went to my hangar at PAO for the first time in this car. Sure enough, "Radar Error".

Scared the bejesus out of me at first. But then I found this posting.
I am still seeing these when I go to the airport. It is on Lucid's list to fix but since not many owners see the corner radar fault, it is justifiably low on the priority list. I find that I have to reset the car to use HA after getting the corner radar faults. I hope that you reported it to customer care so that they have a good count of how many owners see this.

This is very very interesting. Glad to see others have this problem. A high level tech person did come out to my city with some fancy equipment, spent a day, and documented the problem and the radio frequency causing it. I cant say too much per their request. It is a very known issue now. Will likely require new shielding, it is not a software error. I have the same situation as you with it happening going in front of a metal hangar at the airport. Needs a valet card reset or wait a while. Car is drivable fortunately. There are a host of errors that occur in my car, the displays malfunction, radar errors, etc. No permanent damage. The more people that report this, the higher on the priority list will be the fix.

I actually got this error a few weeks ago just as I was passing a Waymo vehicle on 280. It was fitted with all kinds of electronic stuff and I did get the right rear radar warning.

I actually got this error a few weeks ago just as I was passing a Waymo vehicle on 280. It was fitted with all kinds of electronic stuff and I did get the right rear radar warning.
#BanWaymo

Back