Quantum grey ready to be delivered @ Millbrae

Bbq9

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
1C6BD0C0-F87B-4DC4-B337-0C38D244EE91.jpeg

Just dropping my car off for the recap check saw my first quantum grey production car

Gorgeous :)

have they (re)started customer delivery yet? did you @Bbq9 see any customers taking deliveries? someone said last week that Millbrae service center is packed (with ~30 cars?). my car supposedly arrived at Millbrae on 5/17 and i haven't heard anything from DA.

The earliest known scheduled delivery is June 7th through the forums. Like others have mentioned, they cannot sell during an active recall.

The earliest known scheduled delivery is June 7th through the forums. Like others have mentioned, they cannot sell during an active recall.
I'm not sure I understand the logic on this. What is meant by "can't sell" during the recall? Are we saying until every single car they've ever built goes through the recall inspection, they can't sell any new cars? That doesn't make any sense to me. What if Dream Edition owner #128 just decides not to make an appointment to have their car inspected? The whole company shuts down?

Or does it mean that every car they have not yet delivered needs to be checked for this issue? That would make some sense, though I don't get why they can't deliver an individual car once it has been inspected.

Gonna go on a wing and a prayer here but I confirmed on 1/5/22. My DA is "duh" on delivery window. Anyone have any thoughts?

I'm not sure I understand the logic on this. What is meant by "can't sell" during the recall? Are we saying until every single car they've ever built goes through the recall inspection, they can't sell any new cars? That doesn't make any sense to me. What if Dream Edition owner #128 just decides not to make an appointment to have their car inspected? The whole company shuts down?

Or does it mean that every car they have not yet delivered needs to be checked for this issue? That would make some sense, though I don't get why they can't deliver an individual car once it has been inspected.
I assume he meant delivery. People are still making reservations is seems. Haven’t seen anyone post that they couldn’t order a car.

I assume he meant delivery. People are still making reservations is seems. Haven’t seen anyone post that they couldn’t order a car.
But surely they can make deliveries of cars that have been verified to not be affected by the recall issue. I assume a recall is active until all affected VINs have been inspected (and fixed where required). That process would normally take months to years.

have they (re)started customer delivery yet? did you @Bbq9 see any customers taking deliveries? someone said last week that Millbrae service center is packed (with ~30 cars?). my car supposedly arrived at Millbrae on 5/17 and i haven't heard anything from DA.
Sorry for the delay

I suggest you set up a call with the DA. (Many have a schedule call in their email signature)
I was there early - beat the service contact I was meeting - and he was there at 7am :)
but he said they had around 25 cars going through PDI but most were waiting on Sales / Customers. I was able to drop my car off for a couple of things / recall check at little notice (basically the next day) suggesting they were not maxed out.

Sorry for the delay

I suggest you set up a call with the DA. (Many have a schedule call in their email signature)
I was there early - beat the service contact I was meeting - and he was there at 7am :)
but he said they had around 25 cars going through PDI but most were waiting on Sales / Customers. I was able to drop my car off for a couple of things / recall check at little notice (basically the next day) suggesting they were not maxed out.
i have a call scheduled with her for tomorrow. will see.

Back