Push door handle to wake?

jri

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT
Has there been any talk of "helping" the car wake by pushing in the door handle, like with a Tesla S/X? Not specifically talking with the 2.0+ updates but even down the road when the car needs a little assist. My tesla fob works 90% of the time but every once in a while needs a little pressure on the handle to wake itself up. Apologies if this was covered elsewhere but I haven't seen it and didn't know if any of the insiders/beta 100 had heard anything.

Anytime you push the handle, it'll trigger the car to wake if it's not already. You'll see an orange light flash on the driver window when it happens.

Anytime you push the handle, it'll trigger the car to wake if it's not already. You'll see an orange light flash on the driver window when it happens.
Really? Before the 2.0+ upgrades? Definitely not mine. Handles just push in and get stuck there. Happens at the parking garage with the attendants all the time.

Really? Before the 2.0+ upgrades? Definitely not mine. Handles just push in and get stuck there. Happens at the parking garage with the attendants all the time.
Maybe just for the driver door? I've never tried on any other door tbh.

Works on passenger door too. The handle will only get stuck in if it doesn’t recognize or find your fob/mobile key/valet card.

On 2.0 it’s flawless. On 1.0 it sometimes took a few seconds.

Works on passenger door too. The handle will only get stuck in if it doesn’t recognize or find your fob/mobile key/valet card.

On 2.0 it’s flawless. On 1.0 it sometimes took a few seconds.
Great. Another reason I can't wait for 2.0. Thanks

Great. Another reason I can't wait for 2.0. Thanks
Are you using the fob or mobile key?

My mobile key doesn't currently work. All fobs and cards have already been replaced once. It's an ongoing issue that CC/technician tells me will be resolved with 2.0. The handle press doesn't work with any option on any door.

I suspect the reason for the door handle pushing in is to release any ice in cold climates. I have seen a number of cars, including Teslas, with doors that are stuck because the handle is flush.

I suspect the reason for the door handle pushing in is to release any ice in cold climates. I have seen a number of cars, including Teslas, with doors that are stuck because the handle is flush.
I agree, the push design is probably for icy conditions.

Are you pushing on the far left side of the handle? I find that is the only spot that works.

Back