Pure vinyl driver seat has a hole/ tear

mtatsis

Cars
Lucid Pure
Received my Lucid Pure end of September 2023 and already one of the small breathable holes on the driver seat has expanded and is now torn. This is definitely a manufacturer defect. Seems like the material they have used is too soft and tears easily. Has anyone else had an issue with their Pure seats?

Received my Lucid Pure end of September 2023 and already one of the small breathable holes on the driver seat has expanded and is now torn. This is definitely a manufacturer defect. Seems like the material they have used is too soft and tears easily. Has anyone else had an issue with their Pure seats?
Contact service.

I’ve only had my Pure about 3 months, but zero signs of wear and they’re wonderfully soft & comfortable. Most people think it’s a high grade leather. As borski said, definitely contact service, your issue shouldn’t be.

I already did and they are going to get back to me this week hopefully with a solution.
Hi Let me know what happened to your seat, my driver seat started to show holes after only 3 weeks of owning the car

Attachments

• 20240105_094901.jpg
    20240105_094901.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 167
Hi Let me know what happened to your seat, my driver seat started to show holes after only 3 weeks of owning the car
That honestly looks like something caught and ripped it.

That honestly looks like something caught and ripped it.
I guess, but it could be only be the back zipper pocket on my hiking pants, or a back button on a pair of kaki's, but those are closer to the backrest then on the seat.

Just very disappointed with the PurLuxe leather alternative, expected it to be more reliable.

I guess, but it could be only be the back zipper pocket on my hiking pants, or a back button on a pair of kaki's, but those are closer to the backrest then on the seat.

Just very disappointed with the PurLuxe leather alternative, expected it to be more reliable.
If something did get caught, nothing will be THAT reliable against tearing except maybe Kevlar

Mine continues to look as good as the day I picked it up in August. Not sure what happened to yours, but the material seems very soft & durable to me.

In my Pure driver's seat I'm seeing a wrinkling in the seat in one area. It has me concerned. I'm now extra careful in getting in/out. I try to not drag my bottom as I get in/out. I've had the car about 4 months. The material seems thin to me. A similar, but is seems thicker, faux leather in my Tesla has never had this problem.

Last edited:
Here is mine. I go my Lucid also Sept. 2023.

Attachments

• DSC00301.JPG
    DSC00301.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 31
Same here..Posted in another thread and reposting here... I do not carry sharp objects in my pockets and use same wallet and phone in pants pockets as I have in previous cars and never had this type of wear or tear on a seat bolster... The only thing I can guess is the rivets on my jeans pockets, which are pretty common item.. Seems these upholstery issues are becoming more common with PurLuxe these days, and no doubt there will be more as more and more Air Pures hit the road.. The stuff feels very good at first, but it is incredibly thin and soft... Bad choice for car seats which get heavy daily usage... I am in furnishings industry and we never see vinyls or synthetics which are this thin and fragile used in seating.. Automotive seats should be durable, and synthetic/vegan leathers should match or exceed leather in durability. Needless to say I am incredibly disappointed with the product and would advise folks to avoid PurLuxe.

Attachments

• IMG_3833.jpeg
    IMG_3833.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Back