Pure RWD Smooth mode

kpump

Reaction score
Looking at a Pure RWD and wondering since only one motor and less power (more than enough) does it cut power like the other models in smooth? Others are like 50% less power?
Does the Pure RWD cut to like 230 hp instead of 430 when in smooth? Thanks

My Pure RWD is the quickest car I've ever owned. And I haven't taken it out of Smooth.

Looking at a Pure RWD and wondering since only one motor and less power (more than enough) does it cut power like the other models in smooth? Others are like 50% less power?
Does the Pure RWD cut to like 230 hp instead of 430 when in smooth? Thanks
I have a 2023 Pure AWD and in general the options are Smooth - reduced power and softest suspension, Swift - similar reduced power and stiff suspension, Sprint - full power and stiff suspension. I am not sure if Pure RWD come with adjustable suspension. The power setting option I am guessing behaves the same way. Also it is not 50% power reduction it is more like 75% reduction. Also one thing to note here is that the car always defaults to Smooth mode after restart due to EPA regulations.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never taken out of Smooth, and I don't notice any lack of power. Of course I live in NY and do not really have roads where I can go faster that 75 or 80

I have a 2023 Pure AWD and used all three drive modes. Smooth has some reduced power and soft suspension. The accelerator mapping is also slower which makes the car seem slower but if you punch it, most of the power is there.

The 2024 Pure has Smooth, Swift, and Sprint setting for the suspension. When I did the test drive a few weeks ago the rep demonstrated all three suspension modes.

Back