Problem after updating to 2.0.35

This happened to me after updating this morning from **.33 to **.35. showed updated current and drove about 4 miles then had drive system / brake failure red lite don't fn drive the car warning. Did left turn signal reset and drove another mile then happened again. did reset, happened three more times. Finally got home (6 miles). Now what? Anyone think it's safe to take this car into a tunnel under the Hudson river and get out of the car to do a 30 minute reset ? don't know what to do now ... afraid to take the car anywhere near an expressway, let alone the Lincoln tunnel. I guess this car is for local use only now ... who can reassure me that a reset permanently fixes issues ?

Volund thanks for mentioning towing. Looks like it's in my future.
You need to talk to service. Resets are generally for software issues, but if the issue comes back, even once, or if it is a serious issue like a drivetrain failure or brake failure, you need to talk to service and have them check it out.

I’ve driven on plenty of bridges, tunnels, and highways - but not when my car was throwing brake system errors (which, incidentally, it’s never done); that’s common sense.

This happened to me after updating this morning from **.33 to **.35. showed updated current and drove about 4 miles then had drive system / brake failure red lite don't fn drive the car warning. Did left turn signal reset and drove another mile then happened again. did reset, happened three more times. Finally got home (6 miles). Now what? Anyone think it's safe to take this car into a tunnel under the Hudson river and get out of the car to do a 30 minute reset ? don't know what to do now ... afraid to take the car anywhere near an expressway, let alone the Lincoln tunnel. I guess this car is for local use only now ... who can reassure me that a reset permanently fixes issues ?

Volund thanks for mentioning towing. Looks like it's in my future.
So far I did one valet reset and it's been perfect since.

So in my case the reset fixed it. Not sure about anyone else in the same boat, I think a few are

I just got back from cruise and did 2.0.35 update. Rear camera doesn’t seem to be working, reset couple time fixed it. Navigation screen seems a little better graphic. I’m not sure if this was part of improvements or I imagine things.

How do you do the valet card reset
Close the door, hold the valet card just above the camera on the drivers side door pillar to lock the car. Walk away and make sure no fobs or mobile keys are nearby. Let the car sleep for 15 minutes and then come back and unlock like normal.

also curious on tire rotations, call Lucid or take it to your Discount Tire or local mechanic you trust?
Are the points the same for Lucid as other vehicles to actually put it on a jack or lift and get it off the ground?

Had some general questions around the 'maintenance' or 'service' aspect of the vehicle
Just FYI, only cars with 19” wheels can be rotated. The other wheels have different sized tires on front and rear. That said, I was going to take my GT (with 19” wheels) to Discount Tire fro a 7500 mile rotation. But taking tread measurements, all four were wearing at the same rate, so I decided to forgo the rotation.

Close the door, hold the valet card just above the camera on the drivers side door pillar to lock the car. Walk away and make sure no fobs or mobile keys are nearby. Let the car sleep for 15 minutes and then come back and unlock like normal.
Also a quick note, the technician told me once you use the Valet card to lock the car, it will automatically stop looking for mobile or fob signals nearby, so you can literally lock it with the valet card, and stand there for 10 seconds, and then open it again and reset will be complete he said.
Just FYI, only cars with 19” wheels can be rotated. The other wheels have different sized tires on front and rear. That said, I was going to take my GT (with 19” wheels) to Discount Tire fro a 7500 mile rotation. But taking tread measurements, all four were wearing at the same rate, so I decided to forgo the rotation.
Ah great, thanks. And that's a good suggestion, I am going to try that and measure my own tread first

Also a quick note, the technician told me once you use the Valet card to lock the car, it will automatically stop looking for mobile or fob signals nearby, so you can literally lock it with the valet card, and stand there for 10 seconds, and then open it again and reset will be complete he said.
Excellent information to keep in mind. TY!

Back