Price now reduced by $7500

Also can I not the PR release doesnt say anything about legacy and new pricing. If we pressure our DAs, we may get it.

I didn't say conspiracy. However, your point is well taken. Some of the cars they are trying to move now may have been from cancellations. My guess still is that they overproduced GT's to a certain extent with the hopes that they could sell the higher price point vehicles so they built extra while the production like was still set up for that trim. And I am also guessing that the same thing is happening with fully loaded touring models that are part of this promotion. They were very clear that they were producing fully loaded tourings first (before they changed their production line to non DDP and SSP vehicles). It makes sense to me that if they have an opportunity to sell some more of those that they produce them now before switching production. From a business standpoint, if this was their decision making process, I get it. But from a customer standpoint, as someone who has been waiting for 2 1/2 years and lost the tax credit, it is very frustrating.
The “Lucid caused me to lose my tax credit” narrative is overplayed. Our current administration caused you to lose your tax credit, period. Lucid would like nothing better than to have you receive a tax credit which costs them nothing. If you bought a car from a brand new company and expected them to be on time with everything, that was flawed planning. Were they behind their own planned timeline? Yes. Did they wish they weren’t? Of course.

Also can I not the PR release doesnt say anything about legacy and new pricing. If we pressure our DAs, we may get it.
Already on it!!!

The “Lucid caused me to lose my tax credit” narrative is overplayed. Our current administration caused you to lose your tax credit, period. Lucid would like nothing better than to have you receive a tax credit which costs them nothing. If you bought a car for a brand new company and expected him to be on time with everything, that was flawed planning. Were they behind their own planned timeline? Yes. Did they wish they weren’t? Of course.
To support this, lucid really did try to keep the tax credit. First they did the "confirmation," which ended up not working because of the 10percent rule. Second they made inventory cars available right before the holidays and ensured a lot of owners got a GT before the holiday.(think @Coho) Of course, they could not get all tourings and pures. But that should be expected honestly.

The “Lucid caused me to lose my tax credit” narrative is overplayed. Our current administration caused you to lose your tax credit, period. Lucid would like nothing better than to have you receive a tax credit which costs them nothing. If you bought a car for a brand new company and expected them to be on time with everything, that was flawed planning. Were they behind their own planned timeline? Yes. Did they wish they weren’t? Of course.
Bobby, here you go yet again telling folks how they should feel about something that affects them personally. Sigh!!!

Also @Babyrocko1908 if they say its only for new pricing just say that the wording of the PR release is:
Limited time offer for purchases of Lucid Air Touring and Air Grand Touring. Offer not applicable to vehicles with Stealth look, PurLuxe interior, or Metal roof. Cannot be combined with leasing incentives. Must place order by no later than March 31, 2023 and take delivery by no later than April 30, 2023. Offer available only in the US. Contact a Lucid Studio Advisor for additional information on vehicles available for quick delivery at 1(844) 367-7787 (toll free).
And it doesnt put ANY restriction on new and old pricing, only purluxe, stealth, and metal.
Also can I note one quirk. What if somebody was to order the GT with purluxe? No discount then I guess

I am assuming this will not apply to the cars which got delivered last year and are eligible for a $7500 tax credit. Mine (Touring) got delivered on Dec 28th. Just wanted to see if anyone in a situation like me talking with their DA. Thanks!

I am assuming this will not apply to the cars which got delivered last year and are eligible for a $7500 tax credit. Mine (Touring) got delivered on Dec 28th. Just wanted to see if anyone in a situation like me talking with their DA. Thanks!
The main point of this was to "reimburse" the tax credit so I doubt it will happen since you already got it. Doesnt hurt asking though.

The “Lucid caused me to lose my tax credit” narrative is overplayed. Our current administration caused you to lose your tax credit, period. Lucid would like nothing better than to have you receive a tax credit which costs them nothing. If you bought a car for a brand new company and expected them to be on time with everything, that was flawed planning. Were they behind their own planned timeline? Yes. Did they wish they weren’t? Of course.
Bobby, here you go yet again telling folks how they should feel about something that affects them personally. Sigh!!!
Bobby, with all due respect, I fully agree with Babyrocko. I understand that the politicians are the ones that screwed this up. And that Lucid took some steps to try and salvage the tax credit for customers. However, they ALSO did some things that contributed to not producing/delivering more of the lower trim cars in 2022. So, yeah, I am frustrated. That feeling is completely justified. And you really shouldn't tell me or anyone else that it's overplayed because you already have your car and you got the credit. It didn't/doesn't affect you other than being bothered when the rest of us mention it. Sorry my post seemed to irritate you. But, again, my loss of the $7500 doesn't affect you. And your comment that discussing Lucid's involvement in that loss is overplayed is very dismissive to those of us who lost out and actually are affected by it.

My Touring got delivered 1/20/23... I'm going to reach out and ask anyways.

Bobby, with all due respect, I fully agree with Babyrocko. I understand that the politicians are the ones that screwed this up. And that Lucid took some steps to try and salvage the tax credit for customers. However, they ALSO did some things that contributed to not producing/delivering more of the lower trim cars in 2022. So, yeah, I am frustrated. That feeling is completely justified. And you really shouldn't tell me or anyone else that it's overplayed because you already have your car and you got the credit. It didn't/doesn't affect you other than being bothered when the rest of us mention it. Sorry my post seemed to irritate you. But, again, my loss of the $7500 doesn't affect you. And your comment that discussing Lucid's involvement in that loss is overplayed is very dismissive to those of us who lost out and actually are affected by it.
Yup! I'm glad you said it and this isn't just coming from me.

Fyi, for those reaching out to their DAs regarding the $7,500 discount.

I received my purchase agreement on Wednesday, signed, and returned it. I made my final cash payment this morning at 8:30 am before work. An hour later, I texted my DA that final payment had been made. Then 30 minutes later, Lucid released the official notice about the $7,500 off select models. I immediately texted him asking for the discount and a new purchase agreement to reflect the discount. Apparently, Lucid has approved it and they are sending me a new purchase agreement. I'm waiting for an update on how my refund will be processed -- will they adjust the payment amount I made, reject it and have me make another payment for the adjusted amount, or issue me a refund back to my checking account? That's where I am now.

Touring folks still waiting, reach out to you DAs immediately!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230209_120948_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20230209_120948_Messages.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
Glad they are offering this and hoping it does apply to legacy pricing. I would think it should, if they want to help move more cars.

The economy, along with the much higher interest rates of just a year ago and then lower trade in values of cars are all working against any car priced at this level now. Tesla was out in front of this first by lowering prices, but other manufactures, especially ones that are priced this high are going to have to change their pricing strategy to stay competitive and to win business, especially on a new brand.

I guess it’s difficult to convey tone on a forum. What I am trying to convey is that Lucid did not take away the tax credit, politicians did. That’s it. Lucid tried their best for this to not happen. It’s nothing personal.

Glad they are offering this and hoping it does apply to legacy pricing. I would think it should, if they want to help move more cars.

The economy, along with the much higher interest rates of just a year ago and then lower trade in values of cars are all working against any car priced at this level now. Tesla was out in front of this first by lowering prices, but other manufactures, especially ones that are priced this high are going to have to change their pricing strategy to stay competitive and to win business, especially on a new brand.
It applies to legacy pricing on the Touring.

Back