Presales experience

Reaction score
Cars
Tesla Model Y, Acura MDX
On Monday I called the US Sales office. I was connected with a sales advisor.
She was able to schedule a test drive for me in Roswell, GA location.
She shared her cell phone with me.
I have never driven a Lucid before but I have high expectations.
I want to be prepared to sign a lease.
I asked her a couple of questions via text message about the car and never heard back.

Q1: In GA sales taxes will be based on depreciation on the car instead of sales price of the car. who collects the sales tax?
Q2: Of the 30 Lucid Airs in stock are there any with DD Premium and Surreal Sound Pro?

She also told me that the Tesla charger will not work with Lucid.
Is this type of pre-sales experience normal or anomaly?

I asked her a couple of questions via text message about the car and never heard back.

Q1: In GA sales taxes will be based on depreciation on the car instead of sales price of the car. who collects the sales tax?
Q2: Of the 30 Lucid Airs in stock are there any with DD Premium and Surreal Sound Pro?

Tesla superchargers will not work with Lucids (yet, until next year sometime).
Perhaps she is busy and you can call her back.

I live in Atlanta. I had an amazing pre-sales experience and and amazing delivery experience. I was looking for cars in stock so I could get the discount, so I actually called the Tyson's Corner location. She connected me with a sales person who helped find me the most amazing vehicle. Right here in Atlanta come to find out. The webesote does not do a good job of actually telling you where the cars are.

1. I am not a tax expert but logically, the tax is based on the actual sales price of the car. If it's listed more but you signed for less, then the tax is less, not more. Just like Burger King or any car dealership, they collect the sales tax.

2. They'll find the options that you want.

3. Tesla plugs are not the same as current Lucid. If you AC charge (120 or 240V), there are adapters to get both systems work together. If you fast charge 400V or above, Lucid only works with CCS1 stations such as Electrify America. Currently, Lucid is on the waiting list to access Tesla Supercharger next year with an adapter (Ford and Rivian just got access this year).

The sales team is not as aggressive as others, and they can get busy. It's probably not a matter of getting ghosted.

Also, you may want to temper expectations about signing a lease the same day. I realize that my experience is a little different because my presales/sales experience was at the HQ and my car was in Millbrae near SF. Time from order through approval to delivery could have been as short as 2 days, but definitely wasn't a "drive it off the lot" situation. In my case, it was a week between order to pick up because of my availability. The lease was sent to me for signature 48 hours before pick up.

They can definitely help you put the order in and work through the deposit and financial process, though.

I don't know if my experience was normal, though. Maybe others had a quicker turnaround?

they did get back to me today and answered my questions.
I was not expecting to drive off with the car. I was only hoping to start the lease process if we like the car.

they did get back to me today and answered my questions.
I was not expecting to drive off with the car. I was only hoping to start the lease process if we like the car.
Get the car, the driving experience is phenomenal. 18 months of ownership and I still love to drive it. Go look at Savage Geese reviews of the Pure model. It’s the only car they always felt like keeping.

The sales team is not as aggressive as others, and they can get busy. It's probably not a matter of getting ghosted.

Also, you may want to temper expectations about signing a lease the same day. I realize that my experience is a little different because my presales/sales experience was at the HQ and my car was in Millbrae near SF. Time from order through approval to delivery could have been as short as 2 days, but definitely wasn't a "drive it off the lot" situation. In my case, it was a week between order to pick up because of my availability. The lease was sent to me for signature 48 hours before pick up.

They can definitely help you put the order in and work through the deposit and financial process, though.

I don't know if my experience was normal, though. Maybe others had a quicker turnaround?
My PreSales experience was exceptional. The Studio Advisor, Alexxa at Short Hills NJ was the best.

We originally placed a deposit ($1000) on a ‘25 lease in July (4 Weeks delivery).
When I was looking up the insurance information I found another identical ‘24 AGT on the website in Fairfax, VA.

On Thursday afternoon at 12pm I called the Finance Advisor back and switched cars from the ‘25 to ‘24
(grabbed the $10k EOY and $4k on-site discounts).
Took the train to VA on Friday afternoon and picked up the car Friday night 7pm.

Credit approval and contract acceptance happened in a couple hours. Everything is online.
You can definitely perform a very quick turn around (less than 24 hours) if your credit is in good shape 800+.

In most states the vehicle sales tax is to be paid by the owner of the vehicle in said lease, which in this case is BOA, however all leasing companies that I’m aware of pass this charge to the leasee at the time of the lease signing. Which is one of the reasons you have to pay more than the advertised down payment when leasing a vehicle.

My PreSales experience was exceptional. The Studio Advisor, Alexxa at Short Hills NJ was the best.

We originally placed a deposit ($1000) on a ‘25 lease in July (4 Weeks delivery).
When I was looking up the insurance information I found another identical ‘24 AGT on the website in Fairfax, VA.

On Thursday afternoon at 12pm I called the Finance Advisor back and switched cars from the ‘25 to ‘24
Took the train to VA on Friday afternoon and picked up the car Friday night 7pm.

Credit approval and contract acceptance happened in a couple hours. Everything is online.
You can definitely perform a very quick turn around (less than 24 hours) if your credit is in good shape 800+.
Ah, that's good to know. The actual credit approval was literally just a minute or two. I work for the federal government, so I've lost the ability to be impatient or expect anything to move quickly 😆

In most states the vehicle sales tax is to be paid by the owner of the vehicle in said lease, which in this case is BOA, however all leasing companies that I’m aware of pass this charge to the leasee at the time of the lease signing. Which is one of the reasons you have to pay more than the advertised down payment when leasing a vehicle.
There was is tax on EV’s in NJ until October.
On my Maserati the tax was rolled into the lease payments over 39 months.
That lease was Chase.

We are paying sales tax and registration tax to Lucid. This done upfront.

Here is a summary of our presales experience. We talked with a Sales advisor last week and she booked a test drive for us.
We test-drove the car this past Saturday in Roswell, GA. They had a car with the exact features we wanted.
We placed the order on Saturday. We applied for lease financing yesterday. We are picking up the car today.

The current leasing promotions are incredible. The monthly lease for a loaded Air Pure is only $100 more than Model Y and nearly $600 per month less than Model S.
Air Pure is a much better car than both Model Y and S.

I leased 2024. Air Credit, onsite credit were too good to pass up. I am leasing so I was fine with 2024. 2025 has faster infotainment and heat pump. We are in south east so heat pump is not essential. If I was buying I would have gone for 2025

I leased 2024. Air Credit, onsite credit were too good to pass up. I am leasing so I was fine with 2024. 2025 has faster infotainment and heat pump. We are in south east so heat pump is not essential. If I was buying I would have gone for 2025
That's a great deal. Nice. And congrats!

Lucid held a rally for the opening of the Roswell Service Center and I think there were probably ~40 cars show up. Even a Sapphire from South Carolina.
My AGT was the first customer delivery through the Roswell facility. 😁

Do you have her contact info? I’m looking to move forward with an Air.

Back