PPF -- has anyone with a DE done it yet?

mac26mac

Cars
Audi Etron
DE Number
My car's gotta stay parked for a few months, so it may be a good time to get a proper paint protection film done. Has anyone on here done it yet?

My question is: do we think that the PPF would affect the drag/ aerodynamics of the car? So much emphasis is put on it with this (and most) electric car. I wouldn't want to ruin the flow of it. Or am I overthinking it?

Does anyone have opinions as to what PPF is better than others?

Probably overthinking it as the ppf shouldn't affect it at all. I'm getting XPEL ultimate installed later this month.

Having XPEL film installed starting on Monday. XPEL is sending a team to scan the car and make a template.

Having XPEL film installed starting on Monday. XPEL is sending a team to scan the car and make a template.
When exactly? What shop are you using. (Feel free to PM me. I'm familiar with your area since I grew up there).

Xpel Ultimate is the way to go. If anything I would think the film with ceramic coating will be even more slippery.

There have been a few that have had it done or are planning to do it soon. I've already lined up my guy for Xpel and like you planning to do the entire front, mirrors, door edges, and trunk area. Also full ceramic coating. The techs at the Millbrae Repair Center told me to make sure they cut holes around the sensors in the front bumper.

Back