Power for Radar Detector

Already received a reply back that it will take about 48 hours to get that information concerning the windshield(metallic coating or not)
When did you get your car? If after April you probably have the fourth revision.

When did you get your car? If after April you probably have the fourth revision.

Received car on 4/27/22(waited to find a trucker to deliver to Portland) but bill of sale was dated April 13th, 2022

Received car on 4/27/22(waited to find a trucker to deliver to Portland) but bill of sale was dated April 13th, 2022
Since this was someone's else cancellation(Lucid never could get a hold of this person when their ordered car was ready, so I was eventually offered this car. So not sure when the car was actually produced, but I would guess maybe end of March early April?

Since this was someone's else cancellation(Lucid never could get a hold of this person when their ordered car was ready, so I was eventually offered this car. So not sure when the car was actually produced, but I would guess maybe end of March early April?
Most likely no clear section in lower right corner?? If not then probably the third or fourth revision.

Mine alerts slower than it did in my Mercedes but still gives me enough time. It seems to alert sooner for laser and K-pop than Ka band. I hid the wire a bit more than @Neurio, put the detector in the left bottom corner of the windshield, threaded the cable underneath the glass cockpit and steering wheel then ran it underneath the pilot panel bin keeping it stuck to the inside with black 3M adhesive cable clips so you don’t notice it, then looped it under the seat and back up the side of the arm rest to the USB connector also using the 3M clips. Totally low-fi but it works. There was another thread on it where I posted pics I think @amoroso6 if you look for it.
Over the river and through the woods! ;)
Thanx also for the link to that thread!

Over the river and through the woods! ;)
Thanx also for the link to that thread!
So I hooked up my Valentine Gen2 today. It worked fine except the it kept alerting laser falsely. After I turned the laser detection off on the Valentine it worked fine although I only encountered one Ka detection but never saw the cop. I'm wondering if the lane keep assist is using the car's laser tracking?? If so that could be causing the laser interference with the detector. I will try to turn off the lane keeping function and see if that makes a difference.

So I hooked up my Valentine Gen2 today. It worked fine except the it kept alerting laser falsely. After I turned the laser detection off on the Valentine it worked fine although I only encountered one Ka detection but never saw the cop. I'm wondering if the lane keep assist is using the car's laser tracking?? If so that could be causing the laser interference with the detector. I will try to turn off the lane keeping function and see if that makes a difference.
I've had no issues with my Uniden. In fact, it may be working too well with so many K band alerts...

I wonder if you have one of the older windshields on your DE, and that's why you're getting interference?

I've had no issues with my Uniden. In fact, it may be working too well with so many K band alerts...

I wonder if you have one of the older windshields on your DE, and that's why you're getting interference?
No I just had the windshield replaced with the newest version. I have K Band turned off as it isn't used hardly at all in California. The laser detection on the Valentine is far superior to other detectors so I'm thinking that may be part of the problem. Reality is laser detection on any detector is only good if they shoot someone in front of you and you pick up the reflection. If they are shooting you directly the alert is worthless.

Has anyone tapped 12 VDC from the the rearview mirror mount yet?

Has anyone tapped 12 VDC from the the rearview mirror mount yet?
Definitely interested in any responses here, as I'm just starting to investigate a rear-view mirror integrated install of the V1 Gen 2: https://www.radar-mirror.com//v1_example/. I reached out to this company and waiting for them to get back to me on the possibility of doing this in my Lucid.

So my Valentine Gen 2 works great. I typically pick up HP cars well over a mile away on Ka. As I stated earlier in this thread I have K and Laser bands turned off and only use Ka on the All Bogeys setting. I have the unit mounted in the upper left corner of my windshield and the wire runs down the A Pillar and across the upper dash and down into the USB port in the console using an adapter. All my windows have been tinted and the detector is not visible from the outside.

Definitely interested in any responses here, as I'm just starting to investigate a rear-view mirror integrated install of the V1 Gen 2: https://www.radar-mirror.com//v1_example/. I reached out to this company and waiting for them to get back to me on the possibility of doing this in my Lucid.
My thought since attending a Lucid customer event back in December and talking to a tech who services these cars is to obtain 12 VDC power for my V2 from the battery under the rear seat, my plan is to exit the rear seat via the sill plate and then route the wire up the B-pillar to the roof spine. Once I'm up to the roof spine I plan on just pushing the flat 4 wire cord into the perimeter of the roof spine trim to the windshield.

My thought since attending a Lucid customer event back in December and talking to a tech who services these cars is to obtain 12 VDC power for my V2 from the battery under the rear seat, my plan is to exit the rear seat via the sill plate and then route the wire up the B-pillar to the roof spine. Once I'm up to the roof spine I plan on just pushing the flat 4 wire cord into the perimeter of the roof spine trim to the windshield.
Great information! That sounds like a good way to get the power to where it’s needed. If I go through that effort, I will also try and get enough power to the center console for 2 MagSafe connectors for fast iPhone charging…

Has anyone tried a fuse tap, thats what I had in my old M3 for my Valentine

Trying to revive this thread. Any success with mirror tap for a radar detector?

Trying to revive this thread. Any success with mirror tap for a radar detector?
See this thread to connect directly to fuse box:

Genuinely interested to know why.
Electronics and other sensors in the mirror, also right behind the mirror are the other cameras it's powering. They told me don't mess with adding anything to it that could disrupt voltage or cause additional load there.

Back