Powder coating or painting aero inserts?

totalspaz

New Member

Joined
Mar 27, 2026
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Cars
Gravity GT
Has anyone had success powder coating, painting, or otherwise recoloring the aero inserts on their wheels? My new Gravity GT arrives next week. AG ext w/Platinum. Got the smallest wheels for comfort and range efficiency, and was disappointed to learn those are only available in onyx grey. I'd love for them to be a matte silver to complement the Platinum accents. We've had several blacked/murdered out cars over the years and we're ready for something different. The silver accents highlight the beautiful design of this car, so we're leaning into that. TIA, and happy to find this community!
 
If you are buying the car, have the wheels painted or powder coated. Or, take off the aero inserts and you'll see the discs and calipers.

Just 2 cents..
 
I am leasing a 2026 Air Pure 19" Aero Range. I like the looks of the wheels with the inserts and the range it gets on road trips. I am thinking of taking the inserts out when not going on a road trip, but not sure I like the look. Lucid sells a hub insert andlug nut covers. Has anyone bought them and if so do you have picture of how the wheel looks. Thanks.
 
There is a member with significant powder coating expertise in the forum that I have not see in a while. @blueice89 , if you are still around, do want want to give your 2 cents? 😆
 
To the mods...
What is up with the search function? I can't seem to find older posts. Are posts "archived" after a certain number of days and not included in the searches? For example, I have over 1500 posts but looking at my profile, only 12 show up???
🧦
 
To the mods...
What is up with the search function? I can't seem to find older posts. Are posts "archived" after a certain number of days and not included in the searches? For example, I have over 1500 posts but looking at my profile, only 12 show up???
🧦
You're on double secret probation
 
I am leasing a 2026 Air Pure 19" Aero Range. I like the looks of the wheels with the inserts and the range it gets on road trips. I am thinking of taking the inserts out when not going on a road trip, but not sure I like the look. Lucid sells a hub insert andlug nut covers. Has anyone bought them and if so do you have picture of how the wheel looks. Thanks.
I ran my 2022GT / 19" without covers for the 3.5 years I owned it. Looks much better than with the covers on IMO.

Lucid at Hot Creek.webp
 
To the mods...
What is up with the search function? I can't seem to find older posts. Are posts "archived" after a certain number of days and not included in the searches? For example, I have over 1500 posts but looking at my profile, only 12 show up???
🧦
I have also had this issue. Not a q for the mods but for @Joe specifically.
 
I am leasing a 2026 Air Pure 19" Aero Range. I like the looks of the wheels with the inserts and the range it gets on road trips. I am thinking of taking the inserts out when not going on a road trip, but not sure I like the look. Lucid sells a hub insert andlug nut covers. Has anyone bought them and if so do you have picture of how the wheel looks. Thanks.
I had the aero wheel covers taken off my 21/22” set up on my Gravity GT. Here’s a pic with the black center cap and lug nut covers.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0835.webp
    IMG_0835.webp
    215.6 KB · Views: 52
Back
Top