Post/share your non-Lucid other car(s)! (ICE-appreciation thread?)

Put me down for the Porsche+Lucid club, or at least as a "emeritus" as I just sold my '21 718 GT4.
1709365101378.jpeg

My current others are kind of an eclectic bunch to say the least: 2000 NSX-T (manual), 2012 Audi R8 V10 Spyder 6MT, '19 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL, '81 DeLorean (8100 miles, pristine manual), Tesla Model 3, and a Mercedes Sprinter-based RV (LTV Unity).
1709365400147.png
1709365870636.png
1709365667608.png
1709367188195.png
1709366081439.png

Wife's crossover EV Ioniq 5 RWD Limited. She loves the heads up display and built in nav. Carplay and AA is what I like. Epa 303 but her local driving gets her 330 and she is mighty proud of it. She has no issues using the free EA charge. She gets on the 150kw charger 44% to 87% in 24 min 35kwh 150 miles range while shopping. She is scared to drive Lucid😂

Attachments

• 20240302_175411.jpg
    20240302_175411.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 24
My bike mobile and dog mobile is 2005 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited FWD with 127k miles now being used barely 100 miles a month. Super reliable but 17mpg local 25mpg highway. My insurance is more than depreciation or any other cost but happy dogs and great bike rides with 3 bikes total weight 100lb. It was a great cruiser to drive to UCSD and UCSC from the bay area when sons were in college.

Attachments

• 20240302_175222.jpg
    20240302_175222.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
the most under appreciated EV is the Jaguar Ipace. I have one that my wife drives. the only complaint is that L3 charging is slower than other 800v cars, the comfort of the cabin, the ride and the tech are top notch.
jag2.jpgjag1_e832c7c884fbf7e98d3cdf9dc607ccbe26f220c7.jpgjag3.jpg

They were never rumours my friend. They were rock solid facts. However try these:

BUGATTI CHIRON SUCCESSOR WITH V16 HYBRID
A screaming 1,800 hp, good for 445 km/h

"For the successor to the W16 Chiron, Bugatti has developed a completely new 8.3-liter naturally aspirated V16 engine with hybrid power. We were already able to admire the masterpiece and its breathtaking sound

With its 16 cylinders and four turbochargers, the Bugatti W16 dominated an entire era of super...oh what...hyper sports cars. Now the W16 is history. But exactly eight years after the introduction of the Chiron, Bugatti presents the new centerpiece for the successor. This is a completely newly developed 8.3 liter, naturally aspirated V16 engine together with Cosworth. No turbochargers, no superchargers. But 9,000 tours and a screaming sound to kneel down on.

The two gigantic, one meter long eight-cylinder banks of the V16 engine are spread at an angle of 90 degrees. 16 arm-thick and arm-long intake funnels made of carbon sit enthroned above the cylinder heads. As in the Chiron , the engine in its successor - Bugatti has not yet revealed the name - will be located directly behind the first row of seats in a huge carbon monocoque. Together with the eight-speed dual-clutch transmission behind it, the huge drive unit is a good two meters long.

1,000 hp plus three electric motors
The short-stroke, 1,000 hp, high-speed naturally aspirated engine is supported by three permanent synchronous machines, each with 250 kW (340 hp). One is located in the transmission on the rear axle, the other two are hidden on the front axle and will also make the next Bugatti a potent all-wheel drive vehicle. Bugatti specifies the system performance for the successor to the Chiron at around 1,800 hp.

And the new benchmark in hyper sports car heaven should even be lighter than before. The developers of company boss Mate Rimac want to reduce the weight of the next Bugatti to less than two tons. And yet, thanks to the 24.8 kWh battery, the car should be able to travel around 60 kilometers purely electrically. The oil-cooled battery is located in the center tunnel of the carbon monocoque. The carbon fiber shell also serves as a battery housing. The Bugatti no longer needs a cardan tunnel because of the electric all-wheel drive.

0-300 km/h in under ten seconds – 445 km/h top speed~

You can briefly hear in the video how spectacular this drive sounds under full load. The idiosyncratic but rousing sound is more reminiscent of a monstrous Ducati than a sports car. The performance is correspondingly exorbitant.

The 100 mark should fall after two seconds. 200 km/h can be reached in under five seconds, and the Chiron successor should sprint from 300 km/h in less than ten seconds. The engineers even calculated a time of 400 km/h: under 25 seconds.

The top speed for the basic model should be limited to 445 km/h. But anyone who knows the Bugatti history should already be looking forward to faster editions and special models. And that's not all the superlatives that the upcoming Bugatti has to offer. Finally, the completely redesigned vehicle does not need to extend the rear wing, even at high speeds. Instead, a huge diffuser under the car works more than twice as hard as in the Chiron.

World premiere in 2024

The new Chiron successor is scheduled to celebrate its world premiere this year. Bugatti boss Mate Rimac wants to show the car to the public in the second half of the year. From 2026, the first of the 250 planned cars will be handed over to customers - at a unit price of at least 3.6 million euros."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de...iron-nachfolger-verbrennungsmotor-mate-rimac/

Google translated.🙃
Spy shots of it were just released, gotta say I'm not liking it so far. It looked like they were going to design something that looked like a Bugatti, but the rumors are that the lead designer got a case of dementia midway through the car and instead copied a Mclaren!

That rear is EXACTLY what a Mclaren looks like...
1714148732575.png

1714148884777.png

Spy shots of it were just released, gotta say I'm not liking it so far. It looked like they were going to design something that looked like a Bugatti, but the rumors are that the lead designer got a case of dementia midway through the car and instead copied a Mclaren!

View attachment 20184

View attachment 20185

I understand that @Sapphire™ is a big Bugatti fan. Power to him (or his ex-wife, lol. Sorry I couldn't resist :) ).
Do I like Bugatti's front end? Simple answer is NO. But, that's "in the eye of the beholder" category.
One thing I need to mention, Tesla fans comparing the Sapphire pricing to the Plaid, as 3 times less expensive, the Plaid that is.
Should they complain about Sapphire's sticker price vs Rimac's, or Bugatti? Well...

View attachment 20184

View attachment 20185
Yes seenbthtm.

I said exactly the same. Mclaren 600LT. But side shot is good.

It's a naturally aspirated hybrid Coswotth V16. That's enough for me!

I understand that @Sapphire™ is a big Bugatti fan. Power to him (or his ex-wife, lol. Sorry I couldn't resist :) ).
Do I like Bugatti's front end? Simple answer is NO. But, that's "in the eye of the beholder" category.
One thing I need to mention, Tesla fans comparing the Sapphire pricing to the Plaid, as 3 times less expensive, the Plaid that is.
Should they complain about Sapphire's sticker price vs Rimac's, or Bugatti? Well...
I'm beyond a fan, but yes granted.

Oh and don't worry about my ex wife. I don't, I'd throw her off a cli##.

😁

Have you heard about the new Bugatti? They say it's really finally captured the essence of Bugatti design. That all other Bugattis have been building up to this one.
The lineage, the progression:
Bugatti Veyron:
1714157215939.png

Bugatti Chiron:
chiron.png

And finally, the distillation of Bugatti design language, the Bugatti Ferengi:
1714157359769.png

Correct. These Tesla idiots cannot appreciate cars properly. The Plaid is an amazing drag car for the price, and even I will concede that. These sore losers can't seem to accept the Sapphire is better at literally everything else (handling) and make up excuses such as price... why? Just appreciate the damn cars for what they are!

Yes seenbthtm.

I said exactly the same. Mclaren 600LT. But side shot is good.

It's a naturally aspirated hybrid Coswotth V16. That's enough for me!
Fair, but the V16 isnt as ferocious as I'd like, at least based on the teaser (which is heavily overlaid with music). I'd take a Gintani SVJ 11/10 times over this, or if I could make a frankenstein car, a Revuelto J with a gintani exhaust equipped V12 (search up aventador j to get an idea)!

Speaking of which, @RM-S8 , have you heard about the Huracan successor? Apparently its called the Temerario... with a V8 redlining at 10k. @Sapphire™ , do you have any news about that car? Very curious..
Have you heard about the new Bugatti? They say it's really finally captured the essence of Bugatti design. That all other Bugattis have been building up to this one.
Bugatti Veyron:
View attachment 20192

Bugatti Chiron:
View attachment 20193

View attachment 20194
I actually think the Chiron looks very good, after all I have a model in my room. The Veyron looks fat, but even it looks modern for its time. That Ferengi though... gotta get a model of that!

Bugatti Veyron:
View attachment 20192

Bugatti Chiron:
View attachment 20193

View attachment 20194
Well the Porsche 911 has been evolved since '63 or whatever.

But your ofcourse welcome to your opinions. Because on aesthetics there individual as they are thus irrelevant.

Correct. These Tesla idiots cannot appreciate cars properly. The Plaid is an amazing drag car for the price, and even I will concede that. These sore losers can't seem to accept the Sapphire is better at literally everything else (handling) and make up excuses such as price... why? Just appreciate the damn cars for what they are!

Fair, but the V16 isnt as ferocious as I'd like, at least based on the teaser (which is heavily overlaid with music). I'd take a Gintani SVJ 11/10 times over this, or if I could make a frankenstein car, a Revuelto J with a gintani exhaust equipped V12 (search up aventador j to get an idea)!

Speaking of which, @RM-S8 , have you heard about the Huracan successor? Apparently its called the Temerario... with a V8 redlining at 10k. @Sapphire™ , do you have any news about that car? Very curious..

I actually think the Chiron looks very good, after all I have a model in my room. The Veyron looks fat, but even it looks modern for its time. That Ferengi though... gotta get a model of that!
The Super (te) MARIO? Yes I've got some information. I bought one. Lego UK.🤣

Just read about this, and what an insane time! The Evija does seem well suited to race tracks, with its healthy mid-range power. I did think it would be a tiny bit faster, at least under 6:15? The ID.R has my full admiration as well, with its extremely fast time!

Speaking of which, @RM-S8 , have you heard about the Huracan successor? Apparently its called the Temerario... with a V8 redlining at 10k.
Yes I have. Deposit was given last year without seeing the car. Not sure what to do.
I have to warm up to the design.

Yes I have. Deposit was given last year without seeing the car. Not sure what to do.
I have to warm up to the design.
A question, has the dealer provided you with any preliminary information about the car? The rumors around the Lambo forums are very baseless… there’s a small minority of people who still think it has a v10 paired with a hybrid (I don’t think that’s happening, sadly), and some that think it has the V8 from the urus paired with a hybrid (which is what I think they will do). This V8 should be heavily modified, as apparently it revs to 10k... Maybe this can make up for the loss of the 10? Who knows. In typical Lambo fashion, I think it will have more hp than the 296 GTB (for example, the 458 had 570 hp while the Huracan had 610 hp). The Urus hybrid has 789 hp vs the 296 with 830, again supporting the fact it will be a heavily revised engine.

About the looks, you're right. I'm not really the best person to ask about this, since I literally grew up loving the Huracan (it was on the cover of my favorite Xbox 360 game, Forza Horizon 2). It was my own "poster car!" If I am attempting to not be biased, I like the rear (those beautiful exposed tires..) and the side view although I don't like the front. So far, those thin headlights just look too Ferrari-like to me. Then again, the Revuelto also looked like trash in spy shots (picture below) but actually turned out looking great, so I'm holding out hope! The orange car below is what the Temerario should look like based on the spy shots... you can decide about it! That video you linked is very exaggerated, and the car will almost certainly not look like that.

1714227996538.png

1714228344507.png

Back