Post First Mobile Tech Visit

SubSailor

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Tesla M3, AirGT
They just finished my first mobile tech visit. I now have Tidal music, Nav has a voice, Alexa talks to me and they replaced driver sunvisor. My DA, Ethan, was excellent in explaining things and going through what I had missed. They did a factory reset and we started all over to get things to work. Chris, the Lucid tech, is also very astute in customer communications. He explained things to me as he did them. Overall, as an engineer, I was impressed with his technique. I watched him hookup his laptop to the Lucid data port and run diagnostics. Pretty complex work and, fortifies my belief that computer engineering is the future. My grandson is in computer engineering now but will have 10 yrs. flying jets for the Air Force before he benefits. When all the minor things were done, we discovered that one valet card was not working (has to be reset by special setup) and we could not get my mobile key to work anymore. Numerous resets and analyses were performed to no avail. So, Ethan and I were ready to hop off to check on my major problem, EA charging. We started and got about a block when all displays went black. I pulled into a driveway that had about 10-degree slope.... yep, you guess it, I put the car in reverse and pushed accelerator...car went forward!!!! Ethan videoed the incident and is supposed to turn it in to Lucid. I put the car in N and let it roll down into the street and put it in F and drove back to my home. This was noted in an earlier forum post. The car is going to be picked up and transported to Scottsdale for service since so many problems developed. My GT has 169 miles on it and has .24 software.
I was told I would get a loaner. Maybe a Tesla to keep me out of the gas lines.
Current problems:
1. Cannot EA charge (DA stated he would have Lucid add the 2 months back on my 36-month free charging)
2. Cannot setup mobile keys
3. Valet key not operational (just tried second one, it is also now dead) Key fobs work
4. Screen displays blacked out, randomly coming back on and going black again.
5. Minor gasket alignment needed around rear right brake light
6. Tow hook recall fix
Plan to attempt powering car up and looking for any other defects before they tow it to Scottsdale. With black displays, I may be out of luck though. Stay tuned.
PS-my seats now suck air so not all was bad. (Or did they blow, I am STILL confused)

Back