Portland, OR - reserved since 26 May 2021

pdx

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
I went into the Jaguar showroom about a year ago ready to buy an iPace - would have gladly driven a new car out that day had they had one to sell me and if they could have been troubled to help me (worst car buying [attempted] experience ever.) Didn't expect this as we'd had great service when we had an XF and Jaguar was in downtown Portland. The philosophy that if a door is closed to you it just means something better is coming rings true though, because I soon discovered Lucid and put my deposit down immediately for the Air Touring.
Now, just waiting (somewhat) patiently... have started looking at Polestar, Mercedes, and maybe the Fisker Ocean. Hoping the gorgeous Lucid lands in my driveway before I get tired of waiting.
Admittedly love the idea of having something no one else will have (especially here.)

I went into the Jaguar showroom about a year ago ready to buy an iPace - would have gladly driven a new car out that day had they had one to sell me and if they could have been troubled to help me (worst car buying [attempted] experience ever.) Didn't expect this as we'd had great service when we had an XF and Jaguar was in downtown Portland. The philosophy that if a door is closed to you it just means something better is coming rings true though, because I soon discovered Lucid and put my deposit down immediately for the Air Touring.
Now, just waiting (somewhat) patiently... have started looking at Polestar, Mercedes, and maybe the Fisker Ocean. Hoping the gorgeous Lucid lands in my driveway before I get tired of waiting.
Admittedly love the idea of having something no one else will have (especially here.)

I live in Portland and have a AGT on order, so you will have at least one person here for company

Reactions: pdx
I live in Portland and have a AGT on order, so you will have at least one person here for company
Will be a very small club! I admittedly put a deposit down on a Fisker Ocean 1 just in case... When do you anticipate taking delivery of your car? I can't seem to sort out where I stand in the process.

I am so new here, I was wondering what I missed! :oops:

I put my deposit down for an AGT and that reservation date on July 17th, 2021 was confirmed.

On Nov. 30th 2021 that is when my reservation date was converted into an actual confirmed order.

So did your reservation date get converted into an actual order confirmation, as the later date will be one of the criteria used for the production schedule.

Hope this explanation lessens your confusion.

I put my deposit down for an AGT and that reservation date on July 17th, 2021 was confirmed.

On Nov. 30th 2021 that is when my reservation date was converted into an actual confirmed order.

So did your reservation date get converted into an actual order confirmation, as the later date will be one of the criteria used for the production schedule.

Hope this explanation lessens your confusion.
I see, I think because I am waiting for the Touring (not the GT) I am further down on the list... yes that helps a lot - thank you so much!

I see, I think because I am waiting for the Touring (not the GT) I am further down on the list... yes that helps a lot - thank you so much!
Welcome to this forum and I think you will enjoy your Air Touring, probably late summer or early fall.

Waiting is worthwhile.

I reserved early April 2017 and picked up my Dream Edition on 11/30/2021. Worth waiting. Eureka Gold partially wrapped with cranberry red. Visiting PDX in May.

Attachments

• tempImages3ou32.png
    tempImages3ou32.png
    9.5 MB · Views: 186
Nice to see other folks from Portland I live in Hillsboro. Received my VIN number earlier this week for my AGT (white, Tahoe, 19"). Hope to see car within next 30 days. Have yet to see an Air in person. Be happy to show car to you guys if it shows up before you get your car.

Interesting to hear bbq's experience looking at Jaguar iPace. I bought one at end of 2019. Really nice car, just had fundamental safety issue, so had to invoke lemon law. Jaguar folks were great to work with; received full refund.

If you need a complement to your future Air, you might also want to look at Volvo's XC40 P8 full electric. We love ours. It's a great little SUV for urban driving, 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, very quiet and comfortable, has all the goodies like 360-degree cameras, auto rear cross-traffic /pedestrian braking, etc. Fantastic ride dynamics on 20" wheels. We've taken ours on a few 1000-mile road trips too.

Nice to see other folks from Portland I live in Hillsboro. Received my VIN number earlier this week for my AGT (white, Tahoe, 19"). Hope to see car within next 30 days. Have yet to see an Air in person. Be happy to show car to you guys if it shows up before you get your car.

Interesting to hear bbq's experience looking at Jaguar iPace. I bought one at end of 2019. Really nice car, just had fundamental safety issue, so had to invoke lemon law. Jaguar folks were great to work with; received full refund.

Last month my wife and I flew to Scottsdale and test drove the white GT there. Let me know when you get your car. It would be nice to meet a fellow member of the Lucid Club.

We live in the Raleigh Hills area of Portland. I ordered a silver GT/mojave/21 so I will probably be way behind you in delivery.

I also know a good place that installs radar/laser if you are interested.

Nice to see other folks from Portland I live in Hillsboro. Received my VIN number earlier this week for my AGT (white, Tahoe, 19"). Hope to see car within next 30 days. Have yet to see an Air in person. Be happy to show car to you guys if it shows up before you get your car. Interesting to hear bbq's experience looking at Jaguar iPace. I bought one at end of 2019. Really nice car, just had fundamental safety issue, so had to invoke lemon law. Jaguar folks were great to work with; received full refund.
Do you guys have a local Lucid Club?

If so, like to meet them during May when I am in Portland.

Just posting here sometimes one can meet.

I had the opportunity to meet some of the others when we all picked up our cars. We exchanged information.

It would be nice if there is someway get together with local guys.

Back