Porsche test drive

Yugi

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I find it weird Porsche is not letting me test drive until I place an order with refundable deposit of 5k. How would anyone commit to spend over 100k without a test drive?

Does anyone else have similar experiences?

Porsche does that so that every Porsche want to be that cannot afford one does not stop by the dealerships for a free ride. They want to make sure you are serious. Same goes for housing. Two houses my wife and I went to look at 3 years ago were the same. We had to send the realtors copies of our bank statements and financial papers before we could set up a appointment. They wanted to see if we could afford the houses first….

They could ask for my w2 or pay slips in that case not go through order process, put deposit and wait for a month or so for test drive. That’s ridiculous.

They could ask for my w2 or pay slips in that case not go through order process, put deposit and wait for a month or so for test drive. That’s ridiculous.
Go to a different dealer. I've taken test drives at various Porsche dealers including one last year in a Taycan 4S. Never had to make any deposit.

Any updates Yugi? I'm also wondering what the backlog is on Taycans.

Two Porsche dealers we have in Austin are not replying to me. I guess I am not worthy enough.

We never had to put a deposit down when test driving Taycans. That dealer is just being an annoying dealer :)

I find it weird Porsche is not letting me test drive until I place an order with refundable deposit of 5k. How would anyone commit to spend over 100k without a test drive?

Does anyone else have similar experiences?
I test drove a Taycan sedan at a nearby Porsche dealer in September, 2021. There was no pushback from the salesman and the only customer qualifying data points that the dealer had available was that my wife and I arrived at the dealership in a modest Tesla Model 3 LR and we are in our 70's. The test drive persuaded us to order the Taycan. Unfortunately for that dealer, they did not have any uncommitted Taycans arriving until February, 2022. So, we placed an order with another dealer and took delivery of a CT4 in November at a little less than MSRP. Delivery in 2021 was a priority since we expected BBB to eliminate the $7500 tax credit after 2021. When I did place the order I was required to make a non-refundable deposit of $5K due to the brave color and the lightly optioned configuration we specified.

Back