Pilot Panel Stuck

Tailspin74

Verified Owner
Has anyone run into an issue of the pilot panel stuck in the down position? When I swipe up it tries to go up but can't. It's going back into the shop next week for a laundry list of items, but I thought I would see if there is a simple fix I can do at home. Also, it never worked correctly.

Has anyone run into an issue of the pilot panel stuck in the down position? When I swipe up it tries to go up but can't. It's going back into the shop next week for a laundry list of items, but I thought I would see if there is a simple fix I can do at home. Also, it never worked correctly.
Sounds like either an alignment issue with the rails that the panel glides on, or something else is obstructing the motion. A few other people have reported similar issues. I’m sure service will get it working for you. I wouldn’t mess with it too much in the meantime.

If you really need it up you might try assisting it with light pressure. But if the motion isn't equal on both sides, it is off the rails and there could be further damage. So use caution.

call service.
Yes. I only meant to try assisting if needed while awaiting service response. Service => solution, manual intervention => potential temporary workaround. Like if your wallet is stowed in that storage area.

Same thing just happened to mine. I rarely use it, but wanted to try the new feature to turn the screen off. When I tried to retract the panel it move’s about a 1/4 inch then stops. ☹️

Try logging out of your profile and logging back in. That fixed mine.

Try logging out of your profile and logging back in. That fixed mine.
Tried switching profiles, didn’t resolve. I have a Mobile service appointment scheduled for next week for something else, I’ll have the tech look at it at that time.

I had my car in the service center 2 weeks ago for this. I think they replaced the entire mechanism that moves the panel in and out.

I've had the same problem along with my own laundry list of items, but it took so long for service to get to my car (over 2 months) that I learned most of the items on my list was related to software issues and many of them fixed themselves by the time my appointment finally came

Took my tech a bit more than an hour but works great now. Felt a little naked during the install.

IMG_6160.jpeg

Mine stopped going up as well and the service driver fixed in my driveway in less than an hour. Took them a week to get the new mechanism before showing up at house. Rather it be stuck down than up in the retracted position.

I just had this issue pop up yesterday - right after the recent update was installed. Called customer care and they had me switch profiles and try bringing it down. That didn't work. Did a soft reset and after two tries, that got it working again. Don't get too excited yet though....I tried putting it up again today and it got stuck again. After playing around with it and going through all the steps, I was able to get it to go back down again, but it continues to get stuck from time to time. Lucid is going to have the car picked up today or tomorrow. Hopefully I don't have to permanently keep it in a down position! I took a video of my struggles today if anyone is interested.

I just had this issue pop up yesterday - right after the recent update was installed. Called customer care and they had me switch profiles and try bringing it down. That didn't work. Did a soft reset and after two tries, that got it working again. Don't get too excited yet though....I tried putting it up again today and it got stuck again. After playing around with it and going through all the steps, I was able to get it to go back down again, but it continues to get stuck from time to time. Lucid is going to have the car picked up today or tomorrow. Hopefully I don't have to permanently keep it in a down position! I took a video of my struggles today if anyone is interested.
We have seen this one before and it has turned out to be a hardware issue.

Lucid just picked my car from work and dropped off a loaner. Pretty happy with how easy they made the process.

I know this is an old thread but I suddenly have the same issue. When I try to retract the pilot panel it goes up about an inch then stops.

Service is coming next week to fix.
My AGT is a little over a year old.

Back