Picking mine up soon, good over MX?

since they are discontinuing the Model X they will likely not give it much attention in the way of software updates- food for thought
 
I skipped the HUD. It does reflect too much on the glass and that was super distracting and I’ve had the feature on several vehicles. It needs a matte screen protector on it, if that makes sense
 
Hey all, sorry if this has already been asked before. But, wanted something more recent specially with most recent software updates such as 3.5.1.

I’m coming from an awful experience with Polestar and that’s what made me weary with the Gravity, what if it happened again? But, I do love so much about the car, from tech behind it to the raw numbers. My other choice would be to get the Model X before it’s discontinued. With per kWh prices set to rise even further in my area, free supercharging is a decent bonus I guess I could use. Plus FSD for trips is nice, I kind of missed that from the Tesla world.

Anyway, curious for those of you who came from post 2022 MX. what do you love about the Gravity? Do you notice that it drives that much better? How’s the overall ownership experience now that software has seemingly stabilized?
Hey there,

Recently made the switch from a 2019.5 Model X (the raven variant, 2 row) to a Gravity Grand Touring (2 row) and have been pleased so far.

-the UX is about the same, in terms of the learning curve (imo)

-quality of the Gravity interior is far superior vs the MX

-CarPlay/Android Auto is freakin great

-handling on the Gravity is better than the MX, but I think both are pretty good

-suspension is about the same in terms of ride quality (note: if you Google “model X half shaft issue“ it is something the warranty will have to address after 2-3 years of ownership. It’s a known flaw. Nothing critical, but something to think about)

-I never used full self drive, even though I paid for the option, but the auto pilot on the highway on the Tesla is better than the gravity Dream Drive currently is

-Stereo on the Gravity is a 9/10. Tesla stereo was an 8/10

-had a full battery swap on the Tesla after 5 1/2 years, but it was covered in under warranty

-never had an issue with the falcon doors, except for one time where they had to make a slight adjustment. I have two kids who are ages 10 and 8, so it was great for getting them into the car, but now that they’re older it’s not really an issue.

Happy to answer any specific questions if you have more.
 
Last edited:
Means they understand physics
im-a-doctor-simpsons.gif
 
I had a 2019 Model X, a 2024 BMW iX and now a new Gravity Touring.

Car stuff (hardware), the Gravity is much better than those two. The Model X suspension was atrocious, and I had the new raven one. The iX suspension is really really good. The Gravity suspension is a just a notch above. I have the dynamic handling package with the 3 chamber suspension, so I can't speak for the base one. It's just really excellent!

I waited until they launched Android Auto to get it, because I don't want to deal with the day to day software nonsense, like poor maps, shitty music apps, etc. With Carplay / Android Auto, the car screen is just a terminal. My phone works MUCH better. It really just works.

The key fob saga was a maddening fiasco, but it seems to be working decently now. Too early to tell if 3.5 fixed everything.

With AI dominating the scene in coding, I think they have now a much better chance to get their shit together with the software. It's just so much easier to iterate through bugs, data collection, fixes, etc. I'm a software engineer myself. If they learn how to take advantage of something like Claude, I can see them improving a lot.

Tesla software is better. No question there.

The Gravity assistant driving is quite good on the highway. FSD does more things, but for highway driving, where 99% of the time all you need is distance control and lane centering, they both get the job done. I wouldn't let that sway my decision. Also, I hate the FSD pricing uncertainty. It's a subscription and Tesla has already said they're gonna hike the prices as the thing gets more features.

My big remaining concern is hardware reliability and service availability. If you live far from a service center, I'd stay away for now. This is definitely not a Lexus or Acura, which just work forever.
 
Hey all, sorry if this has already been asked before. But, wanted something more recent specially with most recent software updates such as 3.5.1.

I’m coming from an awful experience with Polestar and that’s what made me weary with the Gravity, what if it happened again? But, I do love so much about the car, from tech behind it to the raw numbers. My other choice would be to get the Model X before it’s discontinued. With per kWh prices set to rise even further in my area, free supercharging is a decent bonus I guess I could use. Plus FSD for trips is nice, I kind of missed that from the Tesla world.

Anyway, curious for those of you who came from post 2022 MX. what do you love about the Gravity? Do you notice that it drives that much better? How’s the overall ownership experience now that software has seemingly stabilized?
My brother has a 2025 MX, and I’ve had my GGT since August. Also keep in mind you’re on an enthusiast forum. The feedback here will skew toward people who are more tolerant of quirks. You’ll hear a lot about build quality and materials, and I’m not disputing that Lucid does well there. But ownership is more than fit and finish, it’s about consistency and reliability in daily use.
I think about this analogy often after watching YouTube videos on design. The paperclip has been redesigned countless times into more “advanced” versions that can do more, yet the original design persists because it works reliably. Lucid, in many ways, feels like one of those redesigns. It improves on packaging, hardware, and materials but that doesn’t necessarily translate into a better overall ownership experience. Even five years in, you’re still an early adopter to the company. People will say, “I’ve never had that issue,” but outliers don’t define the average experience. The Gravity still has software bugs despite multiple updates. For example, I still have key fob issues, it’s reliably is inconsistent. That’s a basic function you don’t expect to think about in a modern vehicle. My old 8 Series BMW, you walk up, pull the handle, it unlocks…every time. Walk away, touch the handle, it locks…every time. No friction and no thought required. Lucid’s current workaround,
I have to pull out my phone
Open the app
Wait for it to connect
Push the remote start button
Wait for it to connect, then get in and drive
Then repeat the process when locking the car. These small inefficiencies compound over time and materially affect the ownership experience.
So the real question is whether you’re willing to accept that tradeoff. If not, it’s worth waiting until the software becomes more mature and more “robust,” as this forum likes to say. As for alternatives: I’d pass on the MX and lean toward a Model Y if you don’t need three rows. If you do need three rows in an EV, options are limited. I wouldn’t go legacy OEM yet as they’re still behind on EV execution. Rivian is interesting, but it’s more like a Range Rover which has excellent off-road capability that comes at the expense of on-road efficiency and simplicity. If that doesn’t appeal, you may need to consider ICE for now.
The Gravity is genuinely enjoyable to drive, but it still feels like an iteration trying to improve on fundamentals that aren’t fully solved yet. Lucid likely will get there. But as it stands today, you’re still paying to be part of that process.
 
Own both.
The Lucid feels much smaller to park than the X (the Lucid is smaller on the outside and has rear wheel steer).
The Lucid is much bigger on the inside.
The Lucid drives better.
The Lucid still has more bugs, although less so than a month ago.
I can put skis on the roof... or at least I will be able to once Lucid finishes the fix to the roofracks.
 
My wife drives a 23 MXP and I drive the Gravity DE. I find more enjoyment driving the Gravity.

However, my wife can’t live without FSD. The Gravity is the better car on every category but the FSD imo. Oh and that the plaid speed is more violent.

95% of the time I’m driving with her as the passenger anyway so…
 
People will say, “I’ve never had that issue,” but outliers don’t define the average experience. The Gravity still has software bugs despite multiple updates. For example, I still have key fob issues, it’s reliably is inconsistent.
I also have keyfob issues again, but wanted to point out the logical fallacy here; you have made an assumption that those that haven’t had whatever specific issue are the outlier, and that your (or others’) experience of having more issues is the average.

We don’t actually have any proof that that is true. It is entirely possible the “average” experience is relatively bug-free, although I agree there are still plenty of bugs to resolve in general.

In short, your assumption is not necessarily wrong, but it *may* be.
 
Lucid’s current workaround,
I have to pull out my phone
Open the app
Wait for it to connect
Push the remote start button
Wait for it to connect, then get in and drive
Or just use the keycard. Also, Lucid didn’t “invent” the remote start function. Tesla has it as well; same two-minute timer.
 
Or just use the keycard. Also, Lucid didn’t “invent” the remote start function. Tesla has it as well; same two-minute timer.
I don’t know how to reply to both comments so here it goes. I think you’re overcomplicating what’s actually a pretty simple consumer expectation, reliability and convenience. You’re right that forum posts aren’t perfect data but repeated reports of the same issues (like key fob inconsistency) are still meaningful signal. I’m not claiming it’s everyone’s experience, just that it’s common enough to be frustrating for a lot of owners. Where I strongly disagree is the “just use the keycard” suggestion. That’s not a solution, but a (another) workaround that adds friction. With the keycard, the process is
Take wallet out
Remove card
Tap B-pillar and wait
Get in and drive
On exit, repeat the process again
That is objectively more effort than a functioning key fob or passive entry system.
For comparison, again, my previous BMW 8 Series
Walk up, car unlocks
Sit down, car goes into drive
Walk away, car locks
No extra steps, no thought required.
That’s the baseline expectation in this segment. So the issue isn’t whether alternatives exist, it’s that the primary system should work consistently without requiring extra steps. That’s a reasonable expectation for any modern vehicle.
 
I don’t know how to reply to both comments so here it goes. I think you’re overcomplicating what’s actually a pretty simple consumer expectation, reliability and convenience. You’re right that forum posts aren’t perfect data but repeated reports of the same issues (like key fob inconsistency) are still meaningful signal. I’m not claiming it’s everyone’s experience, just that it’s common enough to be frustrating for a lot of owners. Where I strongly disagree is the “just use the keycard” suggestion. That’s not a solution, but a (another) workaround that adds friction. With the keycard, the process is
Take wallet out
Remove card
Tap B-pillar and wait
Get in and drive
On exit, repeat the process again
That is objectively more effort than a functioning key fob or passive entry system.
For comparison, again, my previous BMW 8 Series
Walk up, car unlocks
Sit down, car goes into drive
Walk away, car locks
No extra steps, no thought required.
That’s the baseline expectation in this segment. So the issue isn’t whether alternatives exist, it’s that the primary system should work consistently without requiring extra steps. That’s a reasonable expectation for any modern vehicle.
I never said a keycard was a perfect, or better, solution than a working keyfob. I said it was better than the remote start option, especially as it doesn’t rely on cellular data.

I also said Lucid didn’t invent it in response to a broken keyfob; it’s *another* method of entry, just like Tesla. Didn’t say it was better.

As for the data, forums are historically overindexed on people having problems, and significantly underindexed on “happy stories.” My sole point was not that it’s not an issue or I don’t want it fixed, but rather that we don’t know how widespread “issues” are in general. I’d love that data, but we simply don’t have it.

That doesn’t mean there aren’t issues, and it doesn’t mean that when there are it isn’t frustrating or annoying. I didn’t say any of that. :)
 
Back
Top