- Joined
- Dec 31, 2025
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 2
- Cars
- 2026 Lucid Gravity GT
First, apologies on my initial post. I had written all the items I was upset about but for some reason they did save.
The reason why I was/ am regretting the purchase is simply because too many things are not functioning as they should. keep in mind I did purchase this vehicle with a complete open mind. I have had a couple EVs so I'm not new to them but I was expecting more out of the Lucid. I'm also not going to make non stop comparisons to Tesla because we all know Tesla is the gold standard in software but again I was expecting more and that's a big factor in my displeasure with my G.
I'd like to pint out the positives before I ramble on about all the issues I'm having. The car is beautiful! interior exterior everything. designers need a high five, part of the reason I purchased the vehicle is the looks. It looks amazing with out it drawing lots of attention to its self, i can have a rocket wagon that looks sutle. The comfort and feel of the materials is also exceptional, the materials feel strong as well. The fit and finish is perfect. the brown color for the interior is also super nice. I looked over every inch of the car and panels gaps are perfect interior is also spot on. zero complains on that department. the APP is also not bad, needs work but its not horrible. its not Tesla good but it is better that what I have for my Ford F150.
NOW...
here are the issues I'm having with the .
I'm sure there are more items I will find but for now those are what I've noticed. I've only driven the car 130 miles in 3 days so I'm sure more tings will come up. my complaints are mainly inconveniences. The fact that I cant function the phone hands free drives me nuts. i also have played with the Dream drive 2 (what ever its called) only because i don't want to add to the list of items. I did purchase last night the rear cargo cover and the all weather mats hoping to receive them soon.
Someone asked me yesterday what's it like to own the car and my response made them laugh but its very accurate. "you're rocking 12 inches in your pants but your impotent".
The reason why I was/ am regretting the purchase is simply because too many things are not functioning as they should. keep in mind I did purchase this vehicle with a complete open mind. I have had a couple EVs so I'm not new to them but I was expecting more out of the Lucid. I'm also not going to make non stop comparisons to Tesla because we all know Tesla is the gold standard in software but again I was expecting more and that's a big factor in my displeasure with my G.
I'd like to pint out the positives before I ramble on about all the issues I'm having. The car is beautiful! interior exterior everything. designers need a high five, part of the reason I purchased the vehicle is the looks. It looks amazing with out it drawing lots of attention to its self, i can have a rocket wagon that looks sutle. The comfort and feel of the materials is also exceptional, the materials feel strong as well. The fit and finish is perfect. the brown color for the interior is also super nice. I looked over every inch of the car and panels gaps are perfect interior is also spot on. zero complains on that department. the APP is also not bad, needs work but its not horrible. its not Tesla good but it is better that what I have for my Ford F150.
NOW...
here are the issues I'm having with the .
- the G does not recognize my phone or the key fob. I have to use the card in order to get in the car (today in the morning it unlocked on its own for the first time)
- the G does not want to start, I have to sit in the car for a couple of minutes until it recognizes something and it gets going. Last night I had to call Lucid and they asked me to do a soft re-set and a power shut down because after about 15 minutes the car never turned on. not the most fun thing to do while returning from dinner (you can all imagine the amount of S&^t I heard about the car)
- GPS. it still thinks the car is in Miami while I'm driving in Ft Lauderdale. Lucid want the car back for this at the end of January to help resolve it. so no GPS for the whole month of January.
- Bluetooth. phone connected but no one can hear me. I had to place all call on speaker or place the phone to my ear (I absolutely hate doing this while driving especially with the high amount of calls i get per day) also my second phone cant connect. the system does not allow to have dual phone connected at the same time, as long as my main phone is connected I'm ok.
- phone contacts don't transfer over to the G.
- Steering wheel controls. both pad on my steering wheel don't work.
- the phone controls are really bad. it pick up when i say "Hey Lucid" but that's as good as it gets. don't like that feature. feel like I'm driving with Alexa all the time and I'm not an Alexa fan.
- Ambient lighting. Does not always work, also dislike that the light portion in the dash cuts out while driving. very annoying.
- Braking. Every time I've driven the G I get the same message. Regen Braking reduced or not functioning.
- Speakers. First I'll say the dealer was not able to get me a car the way i wanted the G with the Pro speakers but the basic speakers are horrible. Horrible. I've got a $50 blue tooth speaker that sounds much better than he whole system. as I'm writing this I think I'm going to take down the Bluetooth speaker and use it for music.
- No Android Auto (yet)
- Spotify. does not load all songs in my playlist. will continue to play the playlist just wont load the rest of the songs.
- did I mention the speakers are terrible? seriously my 1981 Volkswagen rabbit 3 speaker set up has more balls than the 10 speaker disgrace I have in the G.
- HomeLink. cant get it to work, added a clicker tot he sun visor and problem solved.
I'm sure there are more items I will find but for now those are what I've noticed. I've only driven the car 130 miles in 3 days so I'm sure more tings will come up. my complaints are mainly inconveniences. The fact that I cant function the phone hands free drives me nuts. i also have played with the Dream drive 2 (what ever its called) only because i don't want to add to the list of items. I did purchase last night the rear cargo cover and the all weather mats hoping to receive them soon.
Someone asked me yesterday what's it like to own the car and my response made them laugh but its very accurate. "you're rocking 12 inches in your pants but your impotent".