Phone mount (non mag-safe)

vices

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Pure, Rivian R1S
What are non-magsafe people using as their phone mount? Can't do mag-safe as I have a zfold. Need one at least until they come out with Android auto (!)

What are non-magsafe people using as their phone mount? Can't do mag-safe as I have a zfold. Need one at least until they come out with Android auto (!)
There are many MagSafe cases available for Z Fold.

Many non-MagSafe phone users use traditional phone mounts that rely on adjustable grips or cradles to hold their phones securely in place. These mounts often attach to car vents, the dashboard, or the windshield using suction cups or adhesive. Look for a well-reviewed and adjustable phone mount that suits your car's interior and your phone's size and shape.

I modified the Twraps charger so we could use with our Samsung phones without having to add magsafe cases or rings. I put a suede fabric on the bottom so the phones don't slide. Works great.

Attachments

• 20230930_160531.jpg
    20230930_160531.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
I modified the Twraps charger so we could use with our Samsung phones without having to add magsafe cases or rings. I put a suede fabric on the bottom so the phones don't slide. Works great.

Not to derail, but what modifications did you do to make it work with Samsung if you don't mind sharing?

Not to derail, but what modifications did you do to make it work with Samsung if you don't mind sharing?
I think just the suede addition with what looks like foam. The TWraps chargers use MagSafe, which is just a magnetic ring around a more-or-less standard Qi charger.

You can easily get a MagSafe case for any phone, and I would, since MagSafe is by far one of my favorite things about my phone.

In this case (no pun intended) it seems the suede provides a higher coefficient of friction for whatever phone or case @gavram uses, keeping it from sliding around, and thus charging. I doubt it’s *quite* as secure as MagSafe, though, but it sounds like it does the trick for them. :)

The placement of the foam allow me to just drop my phone onto the pad and the bumpers make sure it lines up correctly.

I've had intermittent issues with magsafe cases/rings interfering with my existing home wireless chargers so this was the easiest solution for me. It also allows my wife and I to use our existing phone cases which we really like.

I want to know too. I added a ring to the back of my phone after dropping it and having to replace the first one. It's supposed to support wireless charging. It does on my desk charger, but not in the slot in the Lucid. And I miss that.

Whatever you do, don’t get this. Most useless piece of Facebook ad junk that I’ve been stupid enough to be duped into buying. Sorry for the compound sentence. This just has to the stupidest thing created. Avoid.

Attachments

• IMG_2248.jpeg
    IMG_2248.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 108
Whatever you do, don’t get this. Most useless piece of Facebook ad junk that I’ve been stupid enough to be duped into buying. Sorry for the compound sentence. This just has to the stupidest thing created. Avoid.
How on earth is that thing even legal?

This is where I landed. I carry my DL and CCs in my phone case, so no MAGSAFE. Sturdy enough to stay fixed except the need to push it back in place after Launch Mode :)

Attachments

• IMG_2205.jpeg
    IMG_2205.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • IMG_2207.jpeg
    IMG_2207.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2204.jpeg
    IMG_2204.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • IMG_2206.jpeg
    IMG_2206.jpeg