Peter Rawlinson Tech Talk

billvb

Verified Owner
Supporting Member
Cars
Air GT
I haven’t seen this posted here, so I thought I would share it. Fascinating presentation by Peter on EV design/engineering for efficiency. What a refreshing contrast to see a CEO who clearly knows his craft and is clearly engaged and excited by the technological challenges and the solutions he and his team have delivered, as opposed to spouting fantasies and hyperbole to bolster the stock.

I haven’t seen this posted here, so I thought I would share it. Fascinating presentation by Peter on EV design/engineering for efficiency. What a refreshing contrast to see a CEO who clearly knows his craft and is clearly engaged and excited by the technological challenges and the solutions he and his team have delivered, as opposed to spouting fantasies and hyperbole to bolster the stock.

Nice. Lots of videos to watch today. Thanks for posting.

Crazy, I didn't know the Plaid rear motors combined were only about 10 hp more than a single Lucid rear motor (I'm assuming it's a GT-P). 670 vs 680. Does that mean the front motor on the Plaid is 400 hp and each rear is 340? I can't find the numbers split up anywhere.

The Sapphire rear motors are 1340 hp for the pair, which means with the front motor the whole car will be over 1600 hp. That explains the results of the Plaid vs Sapphire vs Bugatti race a few weeks ago.

Here's where they start talking about it:

Lucid is being very coy about the Sapphires HP. 1200+ seems to be the line they're sticking to but given it's tri-motor I think the car 1200hp is a red herring and closer to release we will see "oh by the way, it's 1,500HP". I wouldn't be surprised if they're going for the highest rated HP in a production car in the world which at 1500 or above would give them the award .

Many years ago, when the market was busy worshipping INTC (with all the hype from its finance-root CEO Otellini), we stayed sticking with AMD - all because of our deep conviction in Lisa's ability (she explained it so well through all technical talk). Also, our research shows that AMD technology would be way superior compared to INTC once the market got over the Intel hype. AMD was in the $3-4 range back then.

We sold AMD with a 10-12X gain, still, too early. We could have to make 25-30X. But a gain is a gain ...

Peter exhibits many trail we see in Lisa, and Lucid to us is just as superior in tech just as AMD many years ago compared to its peer.

Lucid is being very coy about the Sapphires HP. 1200+ seems to be the line they're sticking to but given it's tri-motor I think the car 1200hp is a red herring and closer to release we will see "oh by the way, it's 1,500HP". I wouldn't be surprised if they're going for the highest rated HP in a production car in the world which at 1500 or above would give them the award .
Yeah, I'm enjoying the sandbagging, haha, including Peter describing the horsepower and acceleration as 'satisfactory.'

I suspect Peter has no reason to name a real number so that someone else can't come out and announce they're going to beat it (real or not). Instead, just wait until the car is about to be released and unleash the real stats.

The Sapphire rear motors are 1340 hp for the pair, which means with the front motor the whole car will be over 1600 hp.
You can’t just add the numbers as it also depends on the voltage and amperage that the battery pack can provide.

Back