Payment Declined

Hi Sicsymay.
Try doing the following. Go into your navigation system and slect an EA station and navigate to that location. When arrive to that location do not turn off the car. Leave it on, in your screen it should show something like saying plug and charge. Exit your vehicle and go charge your car. The EA will start charging at that time you can then lock your car with the alarm if you decide to walk away while your car charges. Remember that the first 30 min are free yoi you will need to disconnect at 28 min and then reconnect ao you dont get overload charges and dont use your credit card or no need to scan you phone otherwise you will get charge.

Thanks all the comments. little but update since yesterday. hope help other members having the same issue.

if the EA screen showed “payment declined“, and the app don’t get chance to display the EA button, it doesn‘t seems have other option other than try it again. If it shows other messages on the EA, likely ask you to provide payment, then you have chance to have further options, likely the app can response. So keep trying … or if you are luckily EA line is not busy, it is very straight forward, tell them you VIN, they will pre authorized station.

Em… maybe I am not seeing the right screen. From Lucid app. My issue is the EA charging button is not showing up automatically. Question is how to get the button show up on the app. For the EA app, it is connected to my credit card. I did use eEA app charged once, and charged me EA standard rate.
That happens to me, as well. What I've done is this sequence.....fully close out of Lucid App (swipe up), open charge port from inside car, plug in, immediately open the Lucid App and go to the "charging" tab....a message should come up that says to "start charging from the Lucid App" and then the "EA" button will show up. You click that button, pick the station you are at, confirm, and then start charging. For some reason the "EA" button never pops up if the Lucid App is already open.

That happens to me, as well. What I've done is this sequence.....fully close out of Lucid App (swipe up), open charge port from inside car, plug in, immediately open the Lucid App and go to the "charging" tab....a message should come up that says to "start charging from the Lucid App" and then the "EA" button will show up. You click that button, pick the station you are at, confirm, and then start charging. For some reason the "EA" button never pops up if the Lucid App is already open.
Have you been able to reporoduce this? Maybe it’s something in the sequence between the EA/Lucid communication that gets jumbled up and fails. I’ll try tomorrow using your method.

From time to time, you might need to open up the Lucid app, and go to the Charging tab. When you plug in, a white "Electrify America" button will appear. It will ask you to confirm the station number you're at. Once you do, it overrides the billing and ensures the charge is free.

Try that!
One milion times THIS. This will solve the problem 90% of the time, 5% of the time you'll need to power off the car, leave it locked for 5 min, then try. 3% of the time EA can give you a free charge by just asking. 1% of the time you'll have to pay and send Lucid customer care the receipt for reimbursement. The other 1% there's simply nothing that can be done and it's just the curse of being early EV drivers.

Have you been able to reporoduce this? Maybe it’s something in the sequence between the EA/Lucid communication that gets jumbled up and fails. I’ll try tomorrow using your method.
I should mention that I’ve only had the car for a couple of days so the sample size is small. With that said, I haven’t gotten the auto recog plug and play to work after trying 5 stations across 2 EA locations. When I did the “remove plug and plug back in” my EA button never showed up in the Lucid app. It would get stuck on “preparing charge” and then eventually error out with the “payment declined” error. So I tried totally closing the lucid app and reopening it immediately after plugging the charger in and it seems to work 90% (give or take) of rhe time. Of course then I ran into the “charge start error” thing many many times…at least that’s fixed now. So I just follow those steps and it seems to work for me.

So far I am pretty consistently get charge at EA. first time plug in always paymant declined. Plug in again, meantime open the app. Always got the EA button to show up and charge :) good luck!

Good news and bad news for me.

Bad News First - Couldn't charge at 3 chargers at my local EA station. Ran into a variety of problems. One connected, started charging, then stopped. Two wouldn't authenticate at all. The EA banner did not come up on the app so couldn't even get the to start. Worked my way down the row until I found one that worked with my usual method, which is to hit the EA thing when it pops up in the app. That was last week.

Good news - Got my first plug and charge instance to work today! Not sure if I just got lucky or if it was the software update to 2.0.14. Can't remember if I had tried this particular charger at my local station. Several of the chargers were not working. Had the dreaded software code on the screen. So worked my way down the line until I found one that was working. Plugged in and imagine my surprise when it just worked!

Also, just for kicks, tried out the local EVGo station. Totally seamless. Took Bunny's suggestion and used my EVGo card from when I had signed up with my Tesla. Plugged in, scanned the card, and it started charging. I was at 45% SOC so wasn't expecting blazing speeds. Still, got 145kw and charging 10mi/min. Pretty darn good.

Tried out 2 other EV go stations in the next town over. Worked perfectly. One at 50kw and the other was 200kw.

Insert plug, swipe payment card, off and charging.

I know we all want EA to work and it’s very frustrating. But in this brave new EV world, it’s more important to have options so you have the freedom to go where you want.

I went through all this 7 years ago when I first got my Tesla and there weren’t any superchargers around here. PlugShare was a life saver helping me find the random chargers I’d use to complete my trips.

Where I was today had multiple EVGo and ChargePoint chargers. Not a single EA for 40 miles around. I felt great knowing I had reliable EVGo options available.

Since 0.18 update, have gotten plug and charge to work the last few times at EA stations. The 350kw chargers at this particular station just don't ever want to work. But several of the 150kw ones are plug and charge now whereas before, they were declined then activated at the app.

It's an improvement and I'll take it.

Back