Payment Declined

sicsyman

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air GT
This happened to me since a week ago. Every time I plugged into EA. It shows payment declined. Tried many location, chargers, reset the car, and no luck. Called Lucid service, they are saying it is EA problem. Called EA, they cannot fix it. They can manually allow charging but I have to call them every time. Seems like dead loop now. Is anybody seen this before? Let me know what I can try. Appreciated!

Call Lucid service again. Perhaps you had a person who was not knowledgeable enough. This happened to me after an update and some module that authorizes the payment was turned off somehow. Lucid had to go in and “flip it on” had me do a reboot and then everything worked.

Call Lucid service again. Perhaps you had a person who was not knowledgeable enough. This happened to me after an update and some module that authorizes the payment was turned off somehow. Lucid had to go in and “flip it on” had me do a reboot and then everything worked.
Thanks a lot! I agree sounds like something like that.

From time to time, you might need to open up the Lucid app, and go to the Charging tab. When you plug in, a white "Electrify America" button will appear. It will ask you to confirm the station number you're at. Once you do, it overrides the billing and ensures the charge is free.

Try that!

@LucidDropkick, I tried that for the better part of an hour — did not work. Car is bricked at an EA station.

I'm really sad to hear that. EA is not perfect but I've been having a pretty good experience. What I can tell you is that out of all the EA stations I've tried, only one has begun charging with zero app interaction from me. For every other station, I've always had to plug in, open the app, pick Electrify America, and confirm the station number. Only then does it work, otherwise I get payment declined. On some of the stations I have to plug and unplug and replug in order to get the EA button to show in the app.

Maybe the problem is on the app side; try forcibly closing it or clearing its cache? Maybe even reboot your phone, it could be that some obscure setting is preventing the phone from talking to EA servers properly.

EA hasn't been all that reliable. For my other EV, I often have to start the charger via the EA app first and then plug the car in. That seems to work more reliably than plugging in and waiting for the handshake sequence to confirm.

Lucid service is still looking into the issue. But I finally successfully charged at EA today using the app. I cannot remember the sequence. But the EA button showed up on my phone the first time. And I plugged in it charged. Can anyone describe this again? How exactly get EA show up on app?

Lucid service is still looking into the issue. But I finally successfully charged at EA today using the app. I cannot remember the sequence. But the EA button showed up on my phone the first time. And I plugged in it charged. Can anyone describe this again? How exactly get EA show up on app?
On the lucid app or from the EA app. From the lucid app, i think you just hit start charging. From the EA app, you have to find the location that you are at, and the specific charger id number. Once you are ready, swipe to start the correct charger in the EA app. After you swipe, plug into your car. Make sure you are using the charger that you turned on or else someone else can benefit at your expense.

On the lucid app or from the EA app. From the lucid app, i think you just hit start charging. From the EA app, you have to find the location that you are at, and the specific charger id number. Once you are ready, swipe to start the correct charger in the EA app. After you swipe, plug into your car. Make sure you are using the charger that you turned on or else someone else can benefit at your expense.
This is great tip! My son and I couldn’t figure this out for the first time trying Polestar 2 with EA today. We even had Polestar Space sale rep on phone couldn’t help. After 30 minutes of scorching Texas sun, I just went ahead and charge as guest non-member EA.

Em… maybe I am not seeing the right screen. From Lucid app. My issue is the EA charging button is not showing up automatically. Question is how to get the button show up on the app. For the EA app, it is connected to my credit card. I did use eEA app charged once, and charged me EA standard rate.

From time to time, you might need to open up the Lucid app, and go to the Charging tab. When you plug in, a white "Electrify America" button will appear. It will ask you to confirm the station number you're at. Once you do, it overrides the billing and ensures the charge is free.

Try that!
I ran into that today. Charged for the first time with EA (new Lucid owner). First, it declined the payment. I unplugged the cable and plugged it back in and then got a notification on my phone that I had to approve through the app. "Seamless"...but it did work in the end.

Em… maybe I am not seeing the right screen. From Lucid app. My issue is the EA charging button is not showing up automatically. Question is how to get the button show up on the app. For the EA app, it is connected to my credit card. I did use eEA app charged once, and charged me EA standard rate.
I'll play around with the charger next time and see what the sequence is through the lucid app and report back.

When you plug into EA, the Lucid should default to plug and charge. This is when it will just do the handshake automatically and start charging. If it doesn't and the EA terminal comes up with a billing screen you can initiate the charge in two ways. Either the app or the pilot panel, under the charging tab will pop up with the Electrify america button. Push it then select which station you are at. Choose that station and hit start charging. It will then start charging.

Lucid seamless charging at EA is super easy. I finally got Polestar2 work in EA. This is what the other brand has to do…

Setup:
- download EA app
- open account
- request manufacturer for promo code
- submit promotional code (Lucid HQ did for us)
- Input VIN
- confirm EA complimentary charge is linked
- add credit card for idle penalty charge
- add to Apple Wallet
- enjoy 2 years 30-min complimentary charge

To use EA:
- open EA app
- have to select charging location from map
- select car that is being charged
- then have to select stall #
- then have to activate that stall
- the plug in dispenser to car
- charge

You see, Lucid just plug in every time and plug out does nothing else basically! That’s hassle-free luxury!!!

I've not been able to get plug and charge to work. Tried 4 times at 2 different stations.

Have always been able to get the approve through Lucid app to work. Sometimes it take a few tries to unplug and plug back in. I guess I'll consider myself lucky I've been able to get it to work consistently.

Had a brief conversation with Lucid where they brushed me off saying it was likely an EA station issue and they'd notify EA there was a problem with that station.

When I have more time, I will call them back and see if I can get someone to change the 'toggle' mentioned above. I think I also read in another thread that EA is moving away from plug and charge and that the app approval may just be the new process to authenticate.

A bit of a pain to have to choose the charger number but not the end of the world.

I'd rather have a reliable 3 step process than an unreliable one stop process.

I've not been able to get plug and charge to work. Tried 4 times at 2 different stations.

Have always been able to get the approve through Lucid app to work. Sometimes it take a few tries to unplug and plug back in. I guess I'll consider myself lucky I've been able to get it to work consistently.

Had a brief conversation with Lucid where they brushed me off saying it was likely an EA station issue and they'd notify EA there was a problem with that station.

When I have more time, I will call them back and see if I can get someone to change the 'toggle' mentioned above. I think I also read in another thread that EA is moving away from plug and charge and that the app approval may just be the new process to authenticate.

A bit of a pain to have to choose the charger number but not the end of the world.

I'd rather have a reliable 3 step process than an unreliable one stop process.
It’s really EA process issue, not Lucid’s end. Other manufacturers all called EA on behalf of their clients. Sometimes certain charging station is more programmatic than the others. I think EA just need to build more newer stations and things will be alright. Good luck to ya!

It’s really EA process issue, not Lucid’s end. Other manufacturers all called EA on behalf of their clients. Sometimes certain charging station is more programmatic than the others. I think EA just need to build more newer stations and things will be alright. Good luck to ya!
You don't think there's any chance it's this mysterious 'toggle' on the Lucid end?

I ask b/c when I went to pick up my car, we couldn't get it to register. Had my account pulled up but the car wouldn't let me log in. I had to show the DA person multiple times that I had the password correct by logging out and back in on my phone. We even tried to reset the password and still didn't work.

Finally, he had to call customer care and they did something on the back end and everything worked perfectly after that.

I assumed from that experience that it's a bit like cell phone provisioning where they have to activate features on the back end.

You don't think there's any chance it's this mysterious 'toggle' on the Lucid end?

I ask b/c when I went to pick up my car, we couldn't get it to register. Had my account pulled up but the car wouldn't let me log in. I had to show the DA person multiple times that I had the password correct by logging out and back in on my phone. We even tried to reset the password and still didn't work.

Finally, he had to call customer care and they did something on the back end and everything worked perfectly after that.

I assumed from that experience that it's a bit like cell phone provisioning where they have to activate features on the back end.
It's possible, there were a few owners very early on that had that issue and it was because thr account wasn't linked yet to the EA account. I'd definitely push them on it and have them check. It's been a long while since hearing about the same thing, but anything is possible!

This happened to me since a week ago. Every time I plugged into EA. It shows payment declined. Tried many location, chargers, reset the car, and no luck. Called Lucid service, they are saying it is EA problem. Called EA, they cannot fix it. They can manually allow charging but I have to call them every time. Seems like dead loop now. Is anybody seen this before? Let me know what I can try. Appreciated!
Hi Sicsymay.
Try doing the following. Go into your navigation system and slect an EA station and navigate to that location. When arrive to that location do not turn off the car. Leave it on, in your screen it should show something like saying plug and charge. Exit your vehicle and go charge your car. The EA will start charging at that time you can then lock your car with the alarm if you decide to walk away while your car charges. Remember that the first 30 min are free yoi you will need to disconnect at 28 min and then reconnect ao you dont get overload charges and dont use your credit card or no need to scan you phone otherwise you will get charge.

Back