Palm Beach Studio & Riviera Beach Service Center Visit

Team Geezer

Cars
Taycan 4S, 911 Turbo S
I made a brief visit to the Florida Studio and Service Center today. It was my first time to spend some time in the GT. It was an off the cuff visit so I didn’t schedule a test drive.

The Service Center lot was packed with cars waiting for PDI. A service assist told me they had 181 cars on the lot with more arriving almost every day.

BC31C70C-7ECD-4289-B840-B93A2C2CA935.jpeg
EDDA07AA-643B-46E6-8219-0B9E9E69AC1C.jpeg
A9F5C7B3-019B-4927-BFE0-6B7EA85F9E61.jpeg

I'm using this service center currently, and I was just now thrown a curve ball. Lucid arranged for my car to be picked up by an enclosed flatbed truck (very nice and professional), however they're sending me to the local Hertz office to get a rental that I must pay for and get reimbursed. Has anybody else had this same experience? I've never in all my years had to get a loaner in this fashion. Not a great start...

I've not had that happen - Lucid has always arranged for the rental car. The two times I've had the car in for service Hertz picked me up and took me to their office. I get a small temporary charge on my credit card but that is all. HOWEVER, I am not at all happy with the service at Riviera Beach. I have never had them proactively update me on the status of my repairs, phone calls and emails/textsgo unanswered. If I send an email to customer care asking the status of my repairs the Riviera Beach people will call me. They also seem to be slow and disorganized. They told me a part I needed was in and hauled my car away. Two weeks later they still had the car and hadn't installed the part. No explanation why. My car is currently at RB waiting for them to diagnose why I went into turtle mode. They've had the car since 23 December and are still waiting for something - not sure what since they won't update me. Anyone else unhappy with RB?

Where are you located? I had this same scenario and it took over six weeks to get reimbursed. I thought they had since signed a national contract with Hertz though that would allow Hertz to direct bill Lucid.

Those that live close to Service Centers appear to have an easier time on many levels, including the sourcing, delivery and billing of rentals provided while vehicles are being serviced by Lucid.

I really believed, based on discussions pre-delivery with my DA as well as his supervisor and another higher level Lucid person, that there would be additional Service Centers much closer to me in the near future at the time of discussion. Those discussions were last March/April. Those comments appear to have been made just to appease and address my concerns. I consider one of those conversations (one with the higher level person at Lucid) to have been blatantly misleading in hindsight. He led me to believe that an arrangement had been made with a shop closer to me that could service Lucid vehicles. What he did not elaborate on was that the shop was a body shop for damage repairs and not a shop to address warranty or other issues, my fault for not asking more questions, I suppose. I still have those concerns, almost a year later, and there have been no new announcements of "new Service Centers coming soon" to my area.

Living in Charlotte, over 600 miles to the closest Service Center(400+ miles when the location in McLean, VA opens). I have had visits from Mobile Service from both Atlanta and Richmond and there have been times where my service requests have been "lost" between the two as there is not common management of those capabilities. I believe the Atlanta team is run out of Riviera Beach and the Richmond team is run out of somewhere else.

I live in Ft. Lauderdale, but took delivery in McLean (Tysons Corner, VA). I also have a home in Delaware not realizing the McLean service center wasn't open yet. Probably should have taken delivery in FL. They told me at delivery 3 weeks ago McLean should be open by March. Also got a call from the paint shop where my car was sent to, and the owner told me Zenith Red is a VERY difficult color to match. He said they're able to do it, but for whatever reason it is a complicated process. 🤞

Can't believe all of the cars just sitting there. That is incredibly frustrating to see!

Pure reservation holder in Miami anxiously awaiting good news but, at this rate, it's gonna be another year if they can't get that inventory off into the hands of their owners.

I am curious if other service centers have significant numbers of cars "awaiting PDI". Or if anyone can explain why several hundred cars are stacking up at Casa Grande and have been for several weeks.

I am curious if other service centers have significant numbers of cars "awaiting PDI". Or if anyone can explain why several hundred cars are stacking up at Casa Grande and have been for several weeks.
I wonder if it is just as simple as they have a workforce problem like many other companies at the moment. Pretty crazy.

Back