Out with the old and in with the Lucid

EVTime

Verified Owner
Cars
YukonXL, M5, 540i, 525i,
Just upgraded from my vintage e39 M5. When I read that Lucid had benchmarked that gen. M5 for its suspension I was sold. (Anyone interested in buying a vintage BMW?) The Touring is definitely quicker! But it will take some seat time to evaluate it's handling capabilities.

Also want to add a shout out to Alex and the gang at the Natick, MA Lucid Studio. Service was first rate from beginning to end. We loved the big reveal at the time of pick up, too!

Attachments

• PXL_20230912_175443377.jpg
    PXL_20230912_175443377.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 166
Just upgraded from my vintage e39 M5. When I read that Lucid had benchmarked that gen. M5 for its suspension I was sold. (Anyone interested in buying a vintage BMW?) The Touring is definitely quicker! But it will take some seat time to evaluate it's handling capabilities.

Also want to add a shout out to Alex and the gang at the Natick, MA Lucid Studio. Service was first rate from beginning to end. We loved the big reveal at the time of pick up, too!
I humbly BEG you to keep that e39. It is another marvel of automotive engineering, along with the lucid air..(both are beautiful as well!) Also, the resale value will likely increase in the next 5 years as it is becoming legendified.

Also, where did you hear about the e39 m5 suspension and the lucids? I am genuinely curious. I do know that the lucids handling is benchmarked on the f90 m5 CS..

I humbly BEG you to keep that e39. It is another marvel of automotive engineering, along with the lucid air..(both are beautiful as well!) Also, the resale value will likely increase in the next 5 years as it is becoming legendified.

Also, where did you hear about the e39 m5 suspension and the lucids? I am genuinely curious. I do know that the lucids handling is benchmarked on the f90 m5 CS..
It was mentioned here :

From the video description:
"And so the Air is a marvel of efficiency in packaging, powertrain, and aero. But its handling target was the E39-chassis BMW M5. And that’s a high bar."

yes, agree 100%. I may just hold on to it. (Very hard to let go of an appreciating asset in exchange for a depreciating one.)

It was mentioned here :

From the video description:
"And so the Air is a marvel of efficiency in packaging, powertrain, and aero. But its handling target was the E39-chassis BMW M5. And that’s a high bar."
Yes! Thank you. That is the video. It is mentioned at about the 13 min. mark.

What was the big reveal? The room where they walked you through it?

Glad you have had a good experience with them. I cannot say the same. Good thing it’s a great car.

Nice to know there’s someone else in the area. I’ll be the grey AGT waving at you.

I had a 2003 e39 M5. I came within one speeding ticket from losing my license with that car. It settled in really nicely at >95 mph. At 3,900 lbs. that car is far more nimble than a 5,000+ lb. Lucid Air. The Lucid does get very athletic at higher speeds as well.

I had a 2003 e39 M5. I came within one speeding ticket from losing my license with that car. It settled in really nicely at >95 mph. At 3,900 lbs. that car is far more nimble than a 5,000+ lb. Lucid Air. The Lucid does get very athletic at higher speeds as well.
Remember that rocket commercial for it? Best piece of marketing i've seen...

Welcome and congrats! The Quantum Gray with the solid roof looks fantastic. Check out this thread for a potential meet in a few weeks.

Envious of the M5. Arguably the early 2000s were "peak BMW" - IMHO they've rather lost their way since then, all toothy faces and unnecessarily complex straight lines. I still miss my Dinan E46, but you can't keep 'em all :D

I still miss my Dinan E46, but you can't keep 'em all :D
A 968, a E46... and of course a Lucid Air. Your taste is IMMACULATE.
Also, was the Dinan aftermarket, or through the dealership? Back then you could get dinan parts at the dealer...

If you like early 2000's bmw, I think you will like the vision neue klasse. Crisp, simplistic lines, grills are "reasonable.."

Keep the Beemer!! I had an E60 and still regret selling it.

It
E60 M5? How was the v10?
It was simply amazing. I had a 2006 with the SMG which was great and then a 2008 with a true manual. That was a nearly perfect car.

We once drove it from Atlanta to Gainesville, Fl which is 350 miles in under 4 hours with a stop for gas. Its full tank range was 225 miles @ about 12 mpg.

I took my Lucid AT up to 90+ mph today. The car is very Germanic in its ride and handling. The suspension damper rates seem to be optimized and tuned for the inherent resonances and frequencies of the car at those speeds. The ride is smoother, more composed, and the handling is better. Just like a classic BMW at those speeds. “Sorry officer, I was just testing the suspension…”

Back