OTA 2.8.16

JohnB

Member

Joined
Oct 11, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
38
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Touring
OTA 2.8.16 took 18 minutes to install. Charging automatically resumed after update, so off to a good start.
IMG_8227.webp
IMG_8228.webp
 
the robustness thing was funny until they became a meme for their unreliable software
Mine is pretty reliable. Have the car for almost 3 years, have put 16000 miles on it. No issues. I don't even remember when was the last time I did the reset. probably last year in March, my phone couldn't link my Air as the key, but it turned out it was my phone's issue. Everything works fine after I got a new phone.
 
I had to reboot my infotainment to have audio after the update. Not a big deal.
 
I'm hoping for scheduled charging to be more robust. It was unreliable, got better, and recently now it fails about every other day. Would also love more robustness in the rain sensing wipers. They are a bit better but still need work. And since I live in the Seattle area, they get a LOT of use this time of year.
 
I'm hoping for scheduled charging to be more robust. It was unreliable, got better, and recently now it fails about every other day. Would also love more robustness in the rain sensing wipers. They are a bit better but still need work. And since I live in the Seattle area, they get a LOT of use this time of year.
Given the size of this update, I'm thinking this is a single issue fix, which could well be the charging problem.
 
Have you considered putting Gravity updates on that website?
that's my fault; I promised him a google doc of them a while ago and completely forgot.

completely on me
 
Came in over night. 15 minute estimate for install was correct. Will drive later this AM to check how robust it is.
 
Installed it this morning and immediately got a front right indicator fault. It went away after a few minutes, then I did the steering wheel reset and just left the car. Hopefully it’s fine tomorrow
 
Given the size of this update, I'm thinking this is a single issue fix, which could well be the charging problem.
Unfortunately, we can only guess. Some detail would be nice, like Rivian or even Volvo provide.
 
I upgraded this morning... My app would not auto unlock the car, so I did so with the unlock button on the app, entered my profile code, and drove to EA to charge, where EA kept insisting that I pay. A logo reset got me charging for free, but the car still would not auto unlock via the app. I waited until I got home, deleted both of the Lucid Bluetooth connections from my phone, did the steering wheel & brake re-boot, re-paired my phone, and then re-linked the app. Now, all is well. I think I rushed the car a little, as I tried to get underway the second the update was done.

If you find that the car does not recognize the app to auto unlock, I suggest you save yourself some aggravation and do a re-boot, re-pair and re-link right away.
 
Back
Top