Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I got a call from DA an hour ago. He told me that car is inspection (at the factory) and will be shipped out soon. Purchase agreement will be sent and payment can be made once car is shipped out. He asked me to wait for his call before making payment. I am hoping that we get the car before Christmas!

FYI - Silver/Tahoe VIN 12/9

I got a call from DA an hour ago. He told me that car is inspection (at the factory) and will be shipped out soon. Purchase agreement will be sent and payment can be made once car is shipped out. He asked me to wait for his call before making payment. I am hoping that we get the car before Christmas!

FYI - Silver/Tahoe VIN 12/9
Congrats ... still waiting on delivery estimate for my QG/SC, my DA is still confident on delivery before EOY. I also think now is a good time to take delivery, once Pure's start shipping in numbers, the service center is going to be SLAMMED! Same thing happed with Tesla. Once the Model 3 started shipping, service turned into a shit show (at least in Costa Mesa). I took delivery of my Model S about 2 months before 3's started production, and the level of service tanked and wait times got long. Hoping that the same doesn't happen to Lucid.

I visited Jekyll and Hyde's PPF shop in Farmers Branch today. He has Bentley, Lamborghini, Range Rover, BMW, Dodge Viper etc in the shop. Some of the cars are getting vinyl wrapped. He is using STEK brand. He says it is superior to other brands. He can do matt finish and gloss finish. It takes 5-7 days to get it completely wrapped. It is a tedious process. Complete wrap is $7K + tax. Only front wrap is $3.4K + Tax. He worked on the glass as well as blacked out Chrome on the car. He did matt finish on Lucid GT. You can see it in shop lighting (not day light).

Attachments

• 68808052486__C7AE47FD-7F69-4FC9-944F-804982A0AF74.MOV
    17.4 MB
I visited Jekyll and Hyde's PPF shop in Farmers Branch today. He has Bentley, Lamborghini, Range Rover, BMW, Dodge Viper etc in the shop. Some of the cars are getting vinyl wrapped. He is using STEK brand. He says it is superior to other brands. He can do matt finish and gloss finish. It takes 5-7 days to get it completely wrapped. It is a tedious process. Complete wrap is $7K + tax. Only front wrap is $3.4K + Tax. He worked on the glass as well as blacked out Chrome on the car. He did matt finish on Lucid GT. You can see it in shop lighting (not day light).
This is awesome! I was debating matte Vs glossy finish. Planning to go with STEK as well.

Last edited:
LOOKS AWESOME- SO WILD!!!

Gray
21's
Glass roof
DDP
SSP
Santa Cruz
Order date 06/21/21
Confirmation 10/26/22
VIN 12/08/22

Thx.

So 2+ weeks ago I made the difficult decision to move up to a GT so i could guarantee the tax credit, plus i really did want the massage seats. Extra range is nice. Touring def best value though. Plus they said my white touring with tahoe (loaded options) had no chance of delivery by EOY...

I contacted sales guy and looked at what current inventory has and selected it. They update the lucid account and then its just been sitting as "ordered". The DA, when she responds (which has always been from me sending a fresh email every few days) is basically like that she has no idea and they are still trying to "source the vehicle". At this point i'm like they don't have their stuff together over there. I'm giving it to tomorrow and then i'm walking away. I'll be slightly bummed but I tend to believe this stuff happens for a reason, who knows, maybe what i would have gotten was a dud.

That is stunning!!! Starting to see the Air as lending itself to some high quality customization. Well done!!!

7th day “in production” for my White/Santa Cruz. I know this was one of the earlier “batches“ and many are getting their cars. Not sure what is happening with mine. My DA finally returned today (from family leave) and said he would run it to ground…. Not easy to wait after changing configurations (at DA’s recommendation) to ensure early delivery.
Heard from DA today after his return from vacation. He said 7 -10 days for delivery. He did not have any more details. My car was reported in General Assembly yesterday, 12/14. The estimated delivery seems doable. I think I could get the car after Christmas. In the meantime, I sending my insurance info. The dashboard has the insurance upload disabled.

So 2+ weeks ago I made the difficult decision to move up to a GT so i could guarantee the tax credit, plus i really did want the massage seats. Extra range is nice. Touring def best value though. Plus they said my white touring with tahoe (loaded options) had no chance of delivery by EOY...

I contacted sales guy and looked at what current inventory has and selected it. They update the lucid account and then its just been sitting as "ordered". The DA, when she responds (which has always been from me sending a fresh email every few days) is basically like that she has no idea and they are still trying to "source the vehicle". At this point i'm like they don't have their stuff together over there. I'm giving it to tomorrow and then i'm walking away. I'll be slightly bummed but I tend to believe this stuff happens for a reason, who knows, maybe what i would have gotten was a dud.
Who is your DA?

Lucid should retain you as style consultant !! Fantastic look. Even better look than the Sapphire

zenith red or just a wrap? First ZR matte as I can tell

Can I have a list of what he used?

Looks awesome! Are the blackout portions on the front bumper and roof cantrails a glossy black? Could you post some pics of the back side as well? TIA....

My Grey, Mojave, SSP, vanilla DD order just switched to "In Production". No VIN yet, but a nice surprise - I was not expecting that until Q1 2023.

Back