Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

I received the PA and payment links after a visit to my local service center and seeing a DA there.

Checked my Dashboard today and it said my touring is now in production 😊….I know I am not getting the car this year because I decided to pass on the DDpro and SSpro….When do you guys think a vin will be assigned . Is It too early to start securing financing? I can get 3.99% from my credit union for up 48 months vs 5+% from Lucid 😞…..Man I miss the .9% and 1.9% days…Hopefully the rates will be better by the time the car will be ready.
And you have a Mojave interior. Nice!

Perhaps they are also batching based on how quickly they can arrange for car hauler transport away from the factory?

And you have a Mojave interior. Nice!

Perhaps they are also batching based on how quickly they can arrange for car hauler transport away from the factory?
It’s been reported here that most of the “EOY” fully loaded Touring cars are done with production at this point. Makes sense they would move on to Mojave next.

Remember “in production” is still weeks away from delivery. Maybe even a month or more. PDI is the bottleneck, as far as we can tell.

It’s been reported here that most of the “EOY” fully loaded Touring cars are done with production at this point. Makes sense they would move on to Mojave next.

Remember “in production” is still weeks away from delivery. Maybe even a month or more. PDI is the bottleneck, as far as we can tell.
Doesn’t bode well for my fully-loaded Black/Tahoe Touring that still doesn’t have a VIN. It’s possible they are already building the not fully-loaded cars in parallel. If they can complete more deliveries of more expensive cars by EOY, that drives up Q4 revenue faster.

I'm also still pleasantly surprised that they have already started building non-SSPro and non-DDP cars, weeks ahead of schedule. My DA told me soon after confirming that my car (SSP but not DDP) would be built sometime in Q1, "which means anytime from the first day of January to the last day of March". Now it seems there is reason for cautious optimism.

I'm also still pleasantly surprised that they have already started building non-SSPro and non-DDP cars, weeks ahead of schedule. My DA told me soon after confirming that my car (SSP but not DDP) would be built sometime in Q1, "which means anytime from the first day of January to the last day of March". Now it seems there is reason for cautious optimism.
Always better to under promise and over deliver.

Agreed. And it makes sense. If there are three months in Q1, someone is going to get their car in January, rather than March. It seems like "fully loaded" Mojave cars are the most likely candidates.

Always better to under promise and over deliver.
I think Lucid may have learned this the hard way this year. I'd love it if they continued with this cautious approach moving forward.

Agreed. And it makes sense. If there are three months in Q1, someone is going to get their car in January, rather than March. It seems like "fully loaded" Mojave cars are the most likely candidates.
Yes...even so, @nautchilous with neither DDP nor SSP, and a later reservation date than me, is in production. Which is great. They appear to be in TX which suggests to me that Lucid has exhausted fully-loaded orders for that area and has transport capacity.

Car arrived this am and is undergoing PDI. Taking possession Friday. Stoked.

I was shocked mine in production too. Since mine AGT with non-SSPro with a "later' time frame. I spoke with DA when confirming my order in Nov and she told me she don't know till next year. Since I am in no hurry so opt to wait. I guess Santa is giving me a good gift this year LOL

Ordered CS, Tahoe,fully loaded. Production & VIN 12/9. Assigned VIN used successfully for Insurance quote with USAA.
Congrats! I'm thinking of staying with USAA as well. I assume you were able to quickly work the insurance and USAA had no problem finding your VIN in their system...

I think Lucid may have learned this the hard way this year. I'd love it if they continued with this cautious approach moving forward.
I hope they have learned that ….but it doesn’t seem to apply to the overworked DAs. I last talked to mine a week ago when he told me my car ”might“ be delivered this week. On the dashboard my car has been listed as In production since the 9th. I have tried numerous times using every avenue (phonecon, test, email) to contact my DA to get a status so I can complete my delivery plans as well as my Holiday plans….crickets. Anybody have any suggestions on how to get a simple 30 second phone call just for an update?

I should say that my DA was helpful and responsive before this but this silence is definitely disappointing.

Back