Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Well I’m gonna be that guy. I’m feeling very let-down by this whole process.

I ordered my Touring in 2020, pretty much as soon as public reservations were available. After watching the progress of the DE and AGT deliveries I was hoping for premium buying experience to go with this premium brand. But here we are, seemingly all Touring orders over the last 2 years lumped into one big pot with reservations being pulled almost at random. I did everything that was asked along the way to try and ensure that I wouldn't delay receipt, and yet folks are getting vehicles that reserved months and years after me. There was never any indication that exterior color would be the determining factor.

I have not heard from my DA in weeks, even though I have reached out a couple of times. I do not have the "apply for financing" button that others do on my order, suggesting I am not as close as others to receiving my vehicle.

I don't mean any ill-will to any of the lucky folks that have managed to progress through the process. And I am sure once the car arrives and a bit of time passes, this will all fade into memory. But for forking out $110k on a vehicle, I would have hoped that it would have felt that I wasn't just a number on a balance sheet, clambering with thousands of others while Lucid assigns cars like a certain ex-President distributes humanitarian aid in a disaster zone.

Anyway, sorry to be Debbie Downer, but just needed to vent.

Looks like White may be on deck next, since we now have two members progressing at the same time.

My DA texted me to say they had no updates but believe my Touring (black) will go into production any day now, and that it was their understanding Lucid is building sequentially from reservation date (although I think we have debunked that and he admitted the strategy behind the build cycles was "information that is no shared with my position").

I ordered my Touring in 2020, pretty much as soon as public reservations were available. After watching the progress of the DE and AGT deliveries I was hoping for premium buying experience to go with this premium brand. But here we are, seemingly all Touring orders over the last 2 years lumped into one big pot with reservations being pulled almost at random. I did everything that was asked along the way to try and ensure that I wouldn't delay receipt, and yet folks are getting vehicles that reserved months and years after me. There was never any indication that exterior color would be the determining factor.

I have not heard from my DA in weeks, even though I have reached out a couple of times. I do not have the "apply for financing" button that others do on my order, suggesting I am not as close as others to receiving my vehicle.

I don't mean any ill-will to any of the lucky folks that have managed to progress through the process. And I am sure once the car arrives and a bit of time passes, this will all fade into memory. But for forking out $110k on a vehicle, I would have hoped that it would have felt that I wasn't just a number on a balance sheet, clambering with thousands of others while Lucid assigns cars like a certain ex-President distributes humanitarian aid in a disaster zone.

I think it's fair to feel that way; I would too. I think that's just unfortunately a side effect of us all sitting here trying to watch the sausage get made behind a fogged window. Some more transparency would be nice but at the same time they have already cut their targets so much they don't want to say more for fear of additional disappointment.

It really does appear they are batching based on color. Rawlinson recently said they are up to 300 vehicles per week, so hopefully everything lines up nicely for everyone who obeyed all of the instructions.

I think it's totally fair to feel the way you do. None of us has full insight into this process, and it sure seems somewhat random at times.

All I can say is overnight I went from thinking it was a slim-to-none chance of getting my car this year to now feeling like it may just happen. The only reason for that was an email and a button on a web page. Who knows if that actually means anything? I could be just as far away as I was yesterday for all I know.

I really do think Lucid wants to deliver as many of these Touring cars as possible this year. It's in their best interest, both short-term financially and for long-term customer satisfaction.

Since I reserved in October, do you guys think I would receive my AT this year?

Since I reserved in October, do you guys think I would receive my AT this year?
You finalized on the 8th of November and have selected the correct options. That makes more of a difference than your order date. I’d say there’s still a chance. Have you heard from your DA yet?

Hitman, I am sorry about your experience and as a fellow 2020 reservation holder I feel the same. I have also had spotty SA and DA communication. Just spoke with DA on Monday after I reached out, even though i finalized on Oct. 27.

Now that the venting is out of the way, hat tip to you sir. The GEFCU eligibility and rates may be the best out. Do believe a 6pack has been earned.

Well, I finally got the email to apply for financing on my Touring. Previously, I had gotten an email asking me to get more info on financing, etc. But now there's an actual "Apply for Loan/Lease" button in my account settings. So that's progress, at least.

Don't think I'll be applying for anything until I get a VIN, but at least that's available to me now.
What color Touring did you order?

You finalized on the 8th of November and have selected the correct options. That makes more of a difference than your order date. I’d say there’s still a chance. Have you heard from your DA yet?
My DA isn't quite sure yet.

LOL! They literally updated it from this morning. This morning, it was showing rates of 3.74% on a new car loan for 72 months, now it is showing 6.28% for the same loan.
Huh, weird. I got my "acceptance" email and they quoted the 3.74% rate. Might be for new members? Emailing to find out.

I could think of a better place to vent like at a bar or in the bathroom in front of a mirror!

Here are details on my Air Touring order:

Quantum Grey, Santa Cruz, DDPro, SSPro, Glass roof, 21" wheels (requested change to 19", still not confirmed), no stealth.
Reserve Date: 4/4/22
Confirmation Date: 11/2/22
No VIN or Delivery date yet.

Thanks for putting all this data together!

Well, I finally got the email to apply for financing on my Touring. Previously, I had gotten an email asking me to get more info on financing, etc. But now there's an actual "Apply for Loan/Lease" button in my account settings. So that's progress, at least.

Don't think I'll be applying for anything until I get a VIN, but at least that's available to me now.
I just checked and nothing on my end. No button, no financing invitation, nothing. I guess Stellar White is up next for builds. Maybe location too. Congratulations. Let us know how the financing process goes.

I used to think they were doing production based on color, fully loaded and geographic location but now who knows. Hang in there we have time!

What’s up with people claiming that their Pures are being delivered on 12/17th. I thought they would finish touring first, no?

What’s up with people claiming that their Pures are being delivered on 12/17th. I thought they would finish touring first, no?
They never said that.

Pure is likely being built on a separate production line. That’s how they can deliver some of both models before the end of 2022.

For those of you invited to pay, was the bank information for Bank of America regardless of your lender?

Back