• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Hey everyone, just discovered this site. Glad this community exist.

Reserved: Aug 9, 2021
Finalized: Nov 18, 2022
Color: Silver
Interior: Tahoe
Stealth: No
Roof: Glass
Wheels: 19"
Surreal Sound Pro: Yes
Dream Drive Pro: Yes
State: NY

I wonder if Silver/Tahoe is next after all of the Silver/Santa Cruz has been produced?

Joec,
I got a call and email that my car has been produced and on the way to Chicago for prep and then on the way to Virginia studio. He will be sending my VIN over on Monday. Lucid talked me into adding DDPro to expedite order (Silver/Santa Cruz). Speaking with SA I asked if many of the 1000 plus cars sitting at factory (thanks Bears Workshop on You Tube for flyovers) were completed Touring and he said it appears that is the case.

Joec,
I got a call and email that my car has been produced and on the way to Chicago for prep and then on the way to Virginia studio. He will be sending my VIN over on Monday. Lucid talked me into adding DDPro to expedite order (Silver/Santa Cruz). Speaking with SA I asked if many of the 1000 plus cars sitting at factory (thanks Bears Workshop on You Tube for flyovers) were completed Touring and he said it appears that is the case.
When did you change the order to add DDP?

It seems there's a bug push to sell DDP to secure the tax credit. They got me to add it 2 days ago. Congrats on the incoming delivery.

Touring video ….

Few inaccurate information. But Derek is design guy, not tech guy, so don’t hold against Lucid.

For $107k starting point, it is basically same Interior as GT without massage chairs. It is very good price starting pt.

Last edited:
I'm hearing this "last two weeks of December" a lot lately. Just how many cars could Lucid possibly deliver in those two weeks, given one of them includes Christmas?I think they owe it to their faithful to identify their earliest unfilled reservations, regardless of trim, and
I think they owe itnto the faithful to take the oldest unfilled reservations--regardless of trim--and deliver as many as they can before 12/31.
(Disclaimer...I don't have a chance)

I think they owe itnto the faithful to take the oldest unfilled reservations--regardless of trim--and deliver as many as they can before 12/31.
(Disclaimer...I don't have a chance)
The problem is that producing multiple versions of the car on the same line is inefficient. At this point I suspect its about producing as many as they can before year end. I think it would be very difficult to achieve any sort of production efficiency and produce orders by reservation date. I do see your point and ideally it would be in order of reservation time.

I finalized my design yesterday

Reservation Date: 11-25-21
Confirmation Date: 11-18-22
Zenith Red
Tahoe
Platinum
Glass Canopy
19’ Wheels
SS
DDP
CA

my SA has been asking me to add SSP to get the car by end of year and get tax credit, but they can’t guarantee 2022 delivery so I am not sure if I should spend 3k for a feature I didn’t fully get bought in during test drive. So i don’t want to get the car in 2023 with SSP and no tax credit. Anyone have been told if there is guarantee to get cars delivered in 2022 for fully loaded ones ?

Reactions: Joe
I finalized my design yesterday

Reservation Date: 11-25-21
Confirmation Date: 11-18-22
Zenith Red
Tahoe
Platinum
Glass Canopy
19’ Wheels
SS
DDP
CA

my SA has been asking me to add SSP to get the car by end of year and get tax credit, but they can’t guarantee 2022 delivery so I am not sure if I should spend 3k for a feature I didn’t fully get bought in during test drive. So i don’t want to get the car in 2023 with SSP and no tax credit. Anyone have been told if there is guarantee to get cars delivered in 2022 for fully loaded ones ?
Lucid HQ told me when they called about adding DDPro to get by end of year that if car didn’t arrive by then they would revert order back to plain DD with no problems. My SA and DA hadn’t heard that and called to verify with HQ that indeed will take it back to original order.

I'm happy I ordered Santa Cruz. Looks great!
I’ve seen it in person, SC looks great, but I plan on ScotchGarding mine right away! Finally got an email from my DA, no info, but scheduled a call using the link in the email.

Lucid seems to believe now, as I do, that opting in to the committed contract back in August is not going to qualify people who take delivery in 2023 in the eyes of the IRS. I have no idea what Rivian is telling customers at this point. And as I've said many times, there are plenty of other threads for that debate, and there's no definitive answer yet.

Clearly Lucid has more capacity to produce Tourings before the end of the year, so long as they are fully loaded. (They don't have time to make changes to the assembly line, but they can push more cars through that line than they currently have booked.)

We can deduce, then, that not enough Touring reservation holders have gone for the fully loaded package. So they are encouraging people who are only missing Dream Drive Pro to opt in and essentially get Pro for $1500, given the tax credit difference.

Some may call that being pushy or desperate. I call it maximizing Q4 deliveries and letting customers know there's an opportunity to get a good deal on an expensive feature. You can always say no. I doubt the resale value of a Touring with DDPro will be $9,000 more than one without, but it's almost certain to fetch at least $1,500 more. Meanwhile you get actual features that already exist in pro, such as the 360 camera and lane centering.

I think this boils down to personal choice. No right answer, but I am glad they are letting people know of the opportunity. I was always going to go fully loaded, but if I were on the fence, I'd be strongly considering this. Unless I just couldn't take delivery in December for some reason.
I did the test drive thing at the Plano showroom (just opened). I'll go ahead and get the DDP upgrade as it's a hardware as well as software difference. DDP just has a lot more features and you can't just get an OTA and upgrade if you don't order it. It is interesting how Lucid pulled out a lot of features without DDP. To a certain extent - I appreciate what they did. I'm super hesitant to believe the cameras will solve all FSD problems. Personally, I think it's vaporware.
And, yes, if you take delivery this year - you get the $7500 - if not you're SOL.
The technical differences between the AGT and the AT are minimal once you add in DDP. The only 3 differences are slight trim materials, massage seats and battery - and small charging differences. Aside from those - they're the same car. However, with the smaller battery you get better rear seat comfort due to the 3.5" lower floorboard. The AT also weighs in about 500lbs less. I'm not sure what that does overall but I could see minimal improvement in tire wear.

Back