Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Finally and congrats :). Still waiting to get my driver's window to go up so I can tool around. Like the 20" wheels. If I'd known we'd have 50-60 degree weather in Feb - I might have done the same.
This weather 👌👌👌 It was 78 on Wednesday!! Chameleon sparked like a freshly polished diamond!!!

I deliberately took her out yesterday in the rain so I could get a real world test of the wiper blades. Everything went great. I'll take her to be handwashed on Saturday. The battery should be under 30% at that time. Then I'm heading to our local Electricfy America station to check Plug and Charge.

Gorgeous! How did you pick up on the scratches etc in the dark??
I didn't. I did my inspection the car on Wednesday using our checklist. Then yesterday morning, I did the due bill inspection with my virtual walk though guy.

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm easily confused lol. Your delivery was Tuesday but you inspected the car Wednesday and then had the virtual walk through Thursday? Is that the normal process or just because your delivery was in the dark?

I'm Back!!!! 🙃😂😂

So after a full 48 hours of owning my Touring I have to admit, it was worth the wait and the aggravation caused by the delays.

I know we've all seen about a million different pictures of these cars, so I'm going to share a million and one and formally introduce everyone to Chameleon Merlot!

With that out if the way, let me share with everyone my home delivery experience and the build quality of the car and subsequent due bill.

Home delivery experience:

This was a low light for me. A few days before, I asked my advisor for more details on what I should expect for the virtual walk through. Friday passed, the weekend passed, and Monday passed with no email or phone call with the Zoom information. Delivery day (Valentine's Day) arrives and I texted my DA around 11:00 am eastern time for an update and heard nothing. Noon comes and goes then I finally get a call from the sales team regarding the Zoom information and virtual walk through. My DA texted me back asking if I received the call and I reply yes, finally.

Delivery is scheduled for 4:00 pm and I was told it could arrive earlier than that a few days earlier. Great, I'm pleased by this. When the sales guy calls me at 1:00 pm I inquire about the location of my car and a delivery update. He replied that he had just checked the delivery GPS (I'm not sure if it's built into the car or if it was a tracker placed on the car) and my car was 5, yes, 5 hours away!!! Cue the record scratch!! Now I can do math and 5 hours from 1:00 pm puts my delivery at 6:00 pm which is 2 hours later than I was told. Recall, my car went through PDI at Coldwater, Michigan and that's around 8 hours from Harrisburg. So I ask him, was the car just picked up this morning for a straight through drive from Michigan and if so, it sounds like the car was picked up between 9:00 am to 9:30 am and there was no way they were going to make a 4:00 pm delivery. Not only that, I wasn't happy about taking delivery when it would be dark outside. He noted my disappointment and we moved on. The car arrived around 6:15 pm and it was indeed dark out.

Virtual Walk Through:

It lasted about 45 minutes and it went faster because I had read the owner's manual "cover to cover" 3 weeks prior. However, the sales associate dropped a bomb on me when I asked where the temporary tag was located in the car because i couldn't find it. Umm, yeah you guessed it, THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE TEMP TAG IN THE GLOVE BOX! 🤬😡🤬😡

I could tell he did not want to tell me that and waited as long as he could to tell me. So I once again let him know that was I pissed about this oversight and we ended the Zoom call.

I debated what to do next, he had told me my DA was going to overnight me my tag so I'd have it the next day but my impatient ass decided I was not going to work tomorrow in any other car but the one I just spent $122,000 for so I grabbed a screwdriver out of my tool box, grabbed my old license plate which the Lucid would be transferred to anyway, and drove the car to show off to my family. Luckily they only live about 2 miles away. 😂😂

While at my family, I received an email notification from my DA that included a PDF attachment of my temporary plate. I sent it to my printer from my phone and put it in my rear window when I returned home.

Wednesday Afternoon:

A bunch of long stares on the drive to work and even more when I got there. A couple of colleagues knew I had ordered one so when one of them saw the car parked in my spot, he actually took a picture and texted it to me with glowing praise.

Later that day I had a doctor's appointment. On that drive I had a car pull up on my passenger side, roll down their window just to tell me that the car was fire! Not 45 seconds later, some dude on a motorcycle zipped past me looking at the car and a few other cars. We reach the next light, motorcycle dude is still staring and I knew he was trying to show off on his bike. The light changes and he takes off. I said okay, I see you. I catch up to him because he slows down and lets the cars in both lanes in front of us put some distance in. I reach him and hit Sprint activation, I point to him and we both floor it. Guess who won?? He catches back up to me because I'm stopped at a light with a few other cars. He pulls up on my passenger side, lifts his sun visor, I roll down the window, and his first question to me is what in the hell are you driving? 😂😂😂 I explain it's a Lucid, he tells me yeah, this ain't no Tesla because he's beaten those before. I explain he'd probably never beat a Lucid on his current bike and that he should check out the YouTube video of Sapphire smoking a Bugatti, Plaid, and a Ducati. He didn't believe me about the Ducati getting smoked so I told him go watch for himself. Oh, by the way the cars behind us were amused about us holding up traffic. Oops!

Build Quality Check for the Due Bill:

I'm fortunate that I only had 5 items on my due bill. There was a 2 inch scratch on the light bar, a scratch on the rear pillar, and rock chip on the rear passenger door, and another rock chip on the A pillar. Full PPF will be scheduled as soon as Wifey gives me the thumbs up.

The frunk as a larger gap on the passenger side, the charge port door is misaligned, there are 2 missing clips in the driver's side rear wheel well and that same well its rubber gasket not clipped fully so it's hanging a bit at the seam.

Pictures of Chameleon are attached. She's stunning!

Thanks for reading!!
Nice to see the Merlot with Santa Cruz combo!

This weather 👌👌👌 It was 78 on Wednesday!! Chameleon sparked like a freshly polished diamond!!!

I deliberately took her out yesterday in the rain so I could get a real world test of the wiper blades. Everything went great. I'll take her to be handwashed on Saturday. The battery should be under 30% at that time. Then I'm heading to our local Electricfy America station to check Plug and Charge.
I did the EA dance at 73% just to see if I could get the plug and go to work. Got an error on first try and then replugged and it worked like a charm. Only 43 kW but not unexpected because I didn't pre-condition battery and I was at high SOC. 10 mins and I was at 80%.

Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm easily confused lol. Your delivery was Tuesday but you inspected the car Wednesday and then had the virtual walk through Thursday? Is that the normal process or just because your delivery was in the dark?
Your questions aren't dumb and that's the point of this forum.

1) My delivery was on Tuesday in the evening and my virtual walkthrough was right after delivery. Everything was done by 7:45 pm.

2) I inspected the car with our forum checklist on Wednesday when I had sun and could see. I didn't do the Due Bill official inspection with Lucid Sales until Thursday because I had to work on Wednesday.

I'm Back!!!! 🙃😂😂

So after a full 48 hours of owning my Touring I have to admit, it was worth the wait and the aggravation caused by the delays.

I know we've all seen about a million different pictures of these cars, so I'm going to share a million and one and formally introduce everyone to Chameleon Merlot!

With that out if the way, let me share with everyone my home delivery experience and the build quality of the car and subsequent due bill.

Thanks for the great delivery write up! Bummer about the communication during the process and forgotten tag! I'm glad you were able to get that resolved. I'm loving the little drag race moment with the motorcycle! You do get a lot of stares and questions about the car. It happens to me more than any other car I've owned! I will say that having the car sort of makes all the frustrations fade into the background haha. Enjoy!

Your questions aren't dumb and that's the point of this forum.

1) My delivery was on Tuesday in the evening and my virtual walkthrough was right after delivery. Everything was done by 7:45 pm.

2) I inspected the car with our forum checklist on Wednesday when I had sun and could see. I didn't do the Due Bill official inspection with Lucid Sales until Thursday because I had to work on Wednesday.
Did the lucid really get that much attention? 2 years after the cars release I thought it would be more common, but hey whos complaining!

I'm Back!!!! 🙃😂😂

Home delivery experience:

This was a low light for me. A few days before, I asked my advisor for more details on what I should expect for the virtual walk through. Friday passed, the weekend passed, and Monday passed with no email or phone call with the Zoom information. Delivery day (Valentine's Day) arrives and I texted my DA around 11:00 am eastern time for an update and heard nothing. Noon comes and goes then I finally get a call from the sales team regarding the Zoom information and virtual walk through. My DA texted me back asking if I received the call and I reply yes, finally.

Delivery is scheduled for 4:00 pm and I was told it could arrive earlier than that a few days earlier. Great, I'm pleased by this. When the sales guy calls me at 1:00 pm I inquire about the location of my car and a delivery update. He replied that he had just checked the delivery GPS (I'm not sure if it's built into the car or if it was a tracker placed on the car) and my car was 5, yes, 5 hours away!!! Cue the record scratch!! Now I can do math and 5 hours from 1:00 pm puts my delivery at 6:00 pm which is 2 hours later than I was told. Recall, my car went through PDI at Coldwater, Michigan and that's around 8 hours from Harrisburg. So I ask him, was the car just picked up this morning for a straight through drive from Michigan and if so, it sounds like the car was picked up between 9:00 am to 9:30 am and there was no way they were going to make a 4:00 pm delivery. Not only that, I wasn't happy about taking delivery when it would be dark outside. He noted my disappointment and we moved on. The car arrived around 6:15 pm and it was indeed dark out.

Virtual Walk Through:

It lasted about 45 minutes and it went faster because I had read the owner's manual "cover to cover" 3 weeks prior. However, the sales associate dropped a bomb on me when I asked where the temporary tag was located in the car because i couldn't find it. Umm, yeah you guessed it, THEY FORGOT TO PUT THE TEMP TAG IN THE GLOVE BOX! 🤬😡🤬😡

I could tell he did not want to tell me that and waited as long as he could to tell me. So I once again let him know that was I pissed about this oversight and we ended the Zoom call.

I debated what to do next, he had told me my DA was going to overnight me my tag so I'd have it the next day but my impatient ass decided I was not going to work tomorrow in any other car but the one I just spent $122,000 for so I grabbed a screwdriver out of my tool box, grabbed my old license plate which the Lucid would be transferred to anyway, and drove the car to show off to my family. Luckily they only live about 2 miles away. 😂😂

While at my family, I received an email notification from my DA that included a PDF attachment of my temporary plate. I sent it to my printer from my phone and put it in my rear window when I returned home.

Wednesday Afternoon:

A bunch of long stares on the drive to work and even more when I got there. A couple of colleagues knew I had ordered one so when one of them saw the car parked in my spot, he actually took a picture and texted it to me with glowing praise.

Later that day I had a doctor's appointment. On that drive I had a car pull up on my passenger side, roll down their window just to tell me that the car was fire! Not 45 seconds later, some dude on a motorcycle zipped past me looking at the car and a few other cars. We reach the next light, motorcycle dude is still staring and I knew he was trying to show off on his bike. The light changes and he takes off. I said okay, I see you. I catch up to him because he slows down and lets the cars in both lanes in front of us put some distance in. I reach him and hit Sprint activation, I point to him and we both floor it. Guess who won?? He catches back up to me because I'm stopped at a light with a few other cars. He pulls up on my passenger side, lifts his sun visor, I roll down the window, and his first question to me is what in the hell are you driving? 😂😂😂 I explain it's a Lucid, he tells me yeah, this ain't no Tesla because he's beaten those before. I explain he'd probably never beat a Lucid on his current bike and that he should check out the YouTube video of Sapphire smoking a Bugatti, Plaid, and a Ducati. He didn't believe me about the Ducati getting smoked so I told him go watch for himself. Oh, by the way the cars behind us were amused about us holding up traffic. Oops!

Build Quality Check for the Due Bill:

I'm fortunate that I only had 5 items on my due bill. There was a 2 inch scratch on the light bar, a scratch on the rear pillar, and rock chip on the rear passenger door, and another rock chip on the A pillar. Full PPF will be scheduled as soon as Wifey gives me the thumbs up.

The frunk as a larger gap on the passenger side, the charge port door is misaligned, there are 2 missing clips in the driver's side rear wheel well and that same well its rubber gasket not clipped fully so it's hanging a bit at the seam.

Pictures of Chameleon are attached. She's stunning!

Thanks for reading!!
Excellent write up! I am so happy for you and the color combinations you chose...I didnt think I'd seen that combo before and it an absolute stunner. Enjoy the ride and post more pics, driving and charging experiences! Congratulations again...

Did the lucid really get that much attention? 2 years after the cars release I thought it would be more common, but hey whos complaining!
Yes. I've never seen one on the road in my city but I'm told by others that there is another Zenith Red near Hershey, and a Stellar White on the over side of the river in the Camp Hill/Mechanicsburg areas. Both sounded like GT's.

Yes. I've never seen one on the road in my city but I'm told by others that there is another Zenith Red near Hershey, and a Stellar White on the over side of the river in the Camp Hill/Mechanicsburg areas. Both sounded like GT's.
Sounded?

Thanks for the great delivery write up! Bummer about the communication during the process and forgotten tag! I'm glad you were able to get that resolved. I'm loving the little drag race moment with the motorcycle! You do get a lot of stares and questions about the car. It happens to me more than any other car I've owned! I will say that having the car sort of makes all the frustrations fade into the background haha. Enjoy!
It was fun! I instantly felt the car stiffen up as soon as I confirmed the Sprint activation. Also, I took a quick glance and I hit 110 before I took my foot off the accelerator and the regen braking kicked in. I never had to use the brakes. To be honest, I've only used the brakes like 3 times since I've had the car. The regen braking is awesome.

For the Ev credit did that subtract the amount after the subtotal price where the add on the destination and doc fee or after the total?
Yup, as Ludicrous mentioned they charge full msrp plus destination/doc fee plus taxes and govt fees, and at the end of it all subtract the 7500 credit. I was told the 7500 credit originally would get taken off of subtotal thus lowering the taxes but my DA wasn't really reliable to begin with 😞

It was fun! I instantly felt the car stiffen up as soon as I confirmed the Sprint activation. Also, I took a quick glance and I hit 110 before I took my foot off the accelerator and the regen braking kicked in. I never had to use the brakes. To be honest, I've only used the brakes like 3 times since I've had the car. The regen braking is awesome.
And when you do use the breaks, you get that 15 inch goodness.

Thank you for sharing. this is the kind of info that truly helps which trim to determine to go with before the March 31st deadline for those of us who like info upfront not after.

I just confirmed my change from the Pure to Touring yesterday. I hope to have VIN soon per my DA. Was told I should have the car within 2-3 weeks for delivery.

Reservation Date: 11/4/2021 for Pure

Touring
QG
Mojave
20" Aero Lite
Glass Roof
AWD
SSP

Here is the full delivery video. Pay attention at the 43rd second mark. It's literally like my first verbal reaction to seeing the car for the first time and one of the delivery guys is looking right at me laughing at my goofy/nerdy reaction! 😂😂😂

Here is the full delivery video. Pay attention at the 43rd second mark. It's literally like my first verbal reaction to seeing the car for the first time and one of the delivery guys is looking right at me laughing at my goofy/nerdy reaction! 😂😂😂

Was hoping you recorded the delivery guy getting into the car while in the trailer. I assume they scoot in the open window.

Was hoping you recorded the delivery guy getting into the car while in the trailer. I assume they scoot in the open window.
No, he was super skinny. He opened the door and slid in.

Back