Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Do you think being a moderator helped you along with this. You are the first 2022 reservation I've seen with a confirmation (if so, kudos for helping the boards and what a nice prize for it!)
1667328604777.png

Mine was confirmed 12:34 PM October 29

Hey @joec - did that look like this ? I don’t have an email but it shows up as below like someone when logged in

View attachment 6270
Yes. That's what it will look like when you are able to finalize. Go ahead. You don't have to wait for the email.

Order confirmed today. The configuration in the tracker is correct. I never got an email from Lucid, but my SA gave me a heads up. She's cool like that. Congrats to all! Sounds like some of us will actually take delivery this year!

Order confirmed today. The configuration in the tracker is correct. I never got an email from Lucid, but my SA gave me a heads up. She's cool like that. Congrats to all! Sounds like some of us will actually take delivery this year!
From your fingertips to [insert deity of your choice] ears! :cool:🤞

You will be notified by your DA of your VIN assignment (which initiates your car's build process and opens your purchasing window)
For the last couple of months, for GTs, VIN assignment was at the end just before final assembly. Most people were told their cars were finished about 2 weeks after VIN assignment. 20 days after VIN assignment, I picked up my car.

I logged on to check and sure enough, I was also able to confirm and ordered today.
Wow. With an April 2022 reservation date? They are getting further than I thought.

Any changes to your config? Or is the tracker accurate for you?

Try logging into the Lucid website. Go to your Designs & Orders page, and see if the Finalize button appears. My guess is it will be there.
Nothing there. It just shows view order and it prompts to the standard order agreement. I tried to contact my SA but no answer.

over the past month I took steps to compare interest rates between the banks I have a relationship with (e.g., CU, general household management bank, and my savings & investment bank) to determine which one I would acquire a line of credit from. I have a pre-qual letter from each one.
I did the same (although I didn't bother with getting pre-qual or applying). But, in the two months it took to get my VIN, the financing rates totally changed. Places that had the lowest rates 2 months earlier were no longer competitive. I went with a CU I had never heard of but was still local to me and they beat the lowest rate for any place I qualified membership for (nationwide search) by 0.5. It really pays to shop right when you need the loan because different institutions change their rates at different times so if you can catch one that is adjusting later than others, you're good.

My concern is when is the optimal time to start looking for financing? When car is at the delivery center, on the way to the deliver center, etc.??
If Lucid sticks with assigning the VIN near the end of assembly, when you get your VIN is good. Transportation and PDI can delay the process so I waited a week after getting my VIN. Check how long places you are interested in take to go from loan app to funded. Mine funded in 4 days so I could have waited until the DA told me the car shipped.

For the last couple of months, for GTs, VIN assignment was at the end just before final assembly. Most people were told their cars were finished about 2 weeks after VIN assignment. 20 days after VIN assignment, I picked up my car.
Thanks for the insight! Your experience aligns well with the information my DA provided and although he did a phenomenal job of not crossing the verbal commitment line in our discussion, he was all to enthusiastic to express .."under promising to over deliver!" Presumably in reference to AMP-1's current production schedule and whether Tourings are already under assembly vs transitioning from GT's to the Tourings in the next few days.

Nothing there. It just shows view order and it prompts to the standard order agreement. I tried to contact my SA but no answer.
Bummer. That is confusing. I would have thought with your res date you'd definitely be in the group who can finalize today. Hopefully the SA will get back to you.

Just checked my Lucid Account and the Finalize Design selection is there too! WOOT! WOOT!!

Reactions: DTA
Wow. With an April 2022 reservation date? They are getting further than I thought.

Any changes to your config? Or is the tracker accurate for you?
Tracker is correct. Made changes after at trip to Scottsdale on Sunday to see actual cars with the ext and int colors I was considering. Turns out the timing of trip was terrific!

Just ordered mine! I was totally onboard with the Zenith Red until @SubSailor posted his pic of his quantum grey with 19" wheels (inserts removed). Fuego! That color is amazing in the daylight shot (hints/tints of blue in that grey). And the transition from the dark grey to the platinum roof is smoother than the red to platinum.

Happy Happy!! Joy Joy!!

Color - Quantum Grey (sorry mods, need to move it from Zenith Red)
Interior - Tahoe
No Stealth
19" rims
DDPro
Surreal Sound
Design confirmed 01 Nov 2022

Just ordered mine! I was totally onboard with the Zenith Red until @SubSailor posted his pic of his quantum grey with 19" wheels (inserts removed). Fuego! That color is amazing in the daylight shot (hints/tints of blue in that grey). And the transition from the dark grey to the platinum roof is smoother than the red to platinum.

Happy Happy!! Joy Joy!!

Color - Quantum Grey (sorry mods, need to move it from Zenith Red)
Interior - Tahoe
No Stealth
19" rims
DDPro
Surreal Sound
Design confirmed 01 Nov 2022
Congrats. You are updated in the tracker.

Back