One month in

larrycpa

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air Pure RWD
DE Number
I picked up my Air Pure RWD on June 30. It now has around 1800 miles on it. I like the car more than I thought I would. I bought it for the range. The incentives and lease rates made it doable. My other EV is a 2017 Chevy Bolt with 77K on it, but it isn't great for road trips with the 250 range. The 400 means I will be stopping anyway and charging not stopping to charge.
I haven't had a 'luxury' sedan since my Saab 30 years ago, so it has a lot of creature comforts that I didn't realize I missed. (Besides the Bolt and I have a 2000 Honda Accord and just sold my 20-13 Mini S Convertible.) I love the pet mode since we travel with our dog quite a bit.
The car drives extremely well. It is solid and feels safe. I don't seem to have a lot of the issues that others have reported. Either I am luck and got a car with no defects, or I am not that observant.
One of these days I'll screw up my courage and have the Lucid park itself.
I do have my gremlin list. Some of which I need to deal with, and some of it maybe just get used to.

One of my key cards doesn't work (should be an easy fix)
I live in the NY Metro area and the AM radio can't find any stations. If I direct tune to one that I know exists all I get is static (who listens to AM anyway? but...)
FM isn't much better. It shows about 1/3 of available stations.
Sirius keeps replacing my favorites with ones that make me want to jump out of the car. (I assume that is not a Lucid problem, have to call Sirius. Oh Joy)
Here maps to get me home wants me to drive through a field and crash through a fence. (I have reported it)
Maps is also annoying as they only show EA chargers. These should not be a problem when Android Auto comes live.
Every once in while the car tells me to keep my hands on the wheel, when that is where they are.
On dark roads it tells me to clean the cameras because they can't see anything.

All in all, I am happy with my choice, and unless range is much better, and prices are much lower in 3 years I'll probably buy it.

Maps is also annoying as they only show EA chargers. These should not be a problem when Android Auto comes live.
There's an "EA only" toggle in navigation settings, flip that off and you should see more.
Every once in while the car tells me to keep my hands on the wheel, when that is where they are.
It currently uses a torque sensor. After a bit you can perfect a "dangle" off either side of the steering wheel and that will rarely happen, if ever. On long trips I hold the wheel with my right hand, my arm resting on the armrest. The weight of my arm is enough to keep it happy.

I picked up my Air Pure RWD on June 30. It now has around 1800 miles on it. I like the car more than I thought I would. I bought it for the range....
One of these days I'll screw up my courage and have the Lucid park itself....
I also bought my GT for the range! I really wanted a long-range electric midsize SUV, but there weren't any, and still aren't.

Much more than I realized on my two test drives, I've grown to really appreciate driving the Air nearly two years later - such a great combination of extreme comfort, handling, power, and interior beauty.

I expect to find peace with the Air's software when Android Auto comes out, and I won't have to deal with the limitations of Alexa or HERE maps any more. Still haven't had the nerve to try the car's self-parking. I'm the guy parking at the most-remote end of the lot to avoid door dings and errant shopping carts.

There's an "EA only" toggle in navigation settings, flip that off and you should see more.

It currently uses a torque sensor. After a bit you can perfect a "dangle" off either side of the steering wheel and that will rarely happen, if ever. On long trips I hold the wheel with my right hand, my arm resting on the armrest. The weight of my arm is enough to keep it happy.
Thanks. I'll try the toggle.

Welcome aboard! Has anyone tried the "drive off" feature after auto-parking? I tried it once as a joke, but it said it wasn't available, possibly due to restricted visibility, but I could be wrong. Does the drive out feature only work from parallel parking spots?

Parking worked great multiple times but no luck with drive off. It says unavailable after multiple tires.

Back