One key to rule them all!

Tim-in-CA

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring, Rivian R1S
Referral Code
OZLJ2XPG
I only have one key on my keychain and I was out of spares, so off to Lowe’s I went. All my locks are keyed the same and although they are electronic, it’s good to have a spare just in case. When I saw this option at the Minute Key kiosk, I couldn’t resist. Now only if someone came up with a key fob cover so the fob doesn’t get scratched up!

438DA1FA-3E27-4F80-ADE4-D90C86B2C7BF.jpeg

Hestshrink it

I'd never put the bear on the side of my car. But if they had etched the bear into the key fob, that would have been rad.

Nice. What did you use to wrap your fob? Any tips for application?
Its just vinyl wrap that they use to wrap cars. You just need a bigger piece than you think, and smooth out the bubbles. Then just trim it with an xactoknife and tuck the edges. Pretty easy. Like a sticker really that you can reposition.

I'd never put the bear on the side of my car. But if they had etched the bear into the key fob, that would have been rad.
I too didn’t care for the side bear sticker, as I’d never apply a sticker directly to the paint. I suggested to @Firstto520 during my pickup, that Lucid offer a smaller bear sticker that could be placed in the rear side light window or bottom corner of the rear glass.

I put an AirTag key chain for Lucid, but then I don’t carry Lucid key anyway - since the phone has mobile key which works well. One less thing to carry, thankfully.

The key seems like something they ordered from Alibaba. It's the one thing that they really didnt put much effort into . Or maybe it's for weight savings so you get better EPA haha. Wrapping it is a good idea. I also don't carry it unless I'm going far from home. The digital key has been working well.

The key seems like something they ordered from Alibaba. It's the one thing that they really didnt put much effort into . Or maybe it's for weight savings so you get better EPA haha. Wrapping it is a good idea. I also don't carry it unless I'm going far from home. The digital key has been working well.
I am shocked to be carrying around the fob. I fully expected to toss it into a drawer and never think about it again. And the mobile key is working just fine for me, so it's not like I need it. But I just like having that push-button access to the frunk from outside the car. Really wish they would have just added a button on the car itself, like on the trunk. App and shortcuts are just too slow still.

I am shocked to be carrying around the fob. I fully expected to toss it into a drawer and never think about it again. And the mobile key is working just fine for me, so it's not like I need it. But I just like having that push-button access to the frunk from outside the car. Really wish they would have just added a button on the car itself, like on the trunk. App and shortcuts are just too slow still.
True. They did their best by moving the button to the very left edge but it’s not as convenient as a button outside the car. Maybe inside the charge port or similar.

I put an AirTag key chain for Lucid, but then I don’t carry Lucid key anyway - since the phone has mobile key which works well. One less thing to carry, thankfully.
I find that the/ mobile key is triggering the vehicle to wake up. My family room is close to the garage and my office is above the garage. For this reason I prefer the fob. I wish there was a way to temporarily disable the mobile key without having to turn off BT on the phone.

Yea, the fob is a real disappointment, I wish it had some heft to it, but my understanding is that it uses Bluetooth not a different RF, so maybe they worried about anything metal around or near the fob casing to improve range/performance. I ordered a cheap fob pouch, non-faraday, to try out to see if that works. I’ll post a picture and link once I receive it.

I find that the/ mobile key is triggering the vehicle to wake up. My family room is close to the garage and my office is above the garage. For this reason I prefer the fob. I wish there was a way to temporarily disable the mobile key without having to turn off BT on the phone.
I have the same issue where my office is above the garage. Any update or work-around for this problem besides disabling BT?

I have the same issue where my office is above the garage. Any update or work-around for this problem besides disabling BT?
Yes, instead of disabling BT for the phone, you can deny BT access for the app (at least on iOS). First set up your mobile key, then go to iOS Settings --> Privacy and Security --> Bluetooth ... then toggle BT permission off for the Lucid app. You may get a nag on the app once you do this to enable BT, but you can ignore. If you want mobile key again, you'll need to enable BT permission again and may have to open the Lucid app once. I set up my Mobile key as a backup to physical key, keycard and app unlocking access.

Yes, instead of disabling BT for the phone, you can deny BT access for the app (at least on iOS). First set up your mobile key, then go to iOS Settings --> Privacy and Security --> Bluetooth ... then toggle BT permission off for the Lucid app. You may get a nag on the app once you do this to enable BT, but you can ignore. If you want mobile key again, you'll need to enable BT permission again and may have to open the Lucid app once. I set up my Mobile key as a backup to physical key, keycard and app unlocking access.
Thanks for the quick reply. Let me try this as I carry my phone around all the time and car is awake instead of "sleeping" in the garage.

The better solution is if the car could be set not to lock in certain locations, that way it wouldn't need to wake up unless you open a door. Otherwise, it needs to wakeup to unlock all the time.

Back