One issue bugging me before I "click buy"

I agree with @Leftlane generally speaking, and that's why I want to be sure that the unlock/start/drive capability is reliable before I take delivery. Other issues/annoyances I will put up with as long as the luxury drive comfort and music keep me smiling :) (Heck.. I am still married eh? and am sure she would say the same about me)

The summary so far I am seeing is that the Key Card is the go-to solution when in a fix. If KeyFob causes problems, keep it away or in pouch for few mins and then retry. Keep both with you at all times.And 3.2.2. might have improved this quite a bit. So far I am feeling good....

I wish there was a tally/vote function on this forum to see how many people have what kind of bugs...
I certainly appreciate this thread and thanks to the OP for so precisely asking the questions I also have. Look forward to hearing from more owners on there fob/card experiences. My Gravity is being built now, but I am still in the fence about taking delivery.
 
I certainly appreciate this thread and thanks to the OP for so precisely asking the questions I also have. Look forward to hearing from more owners on there fob/card experiences. My Gravity is being built now, but I am still in the fence about taking delivery.
Don't know when you'd be taking delivery, but Lucid has said that there will be a software update in early September that they expect to fix the key issues. I have similar concerns, but I'm planning to keep my order in the queue, and watch for how the updates land.
 
I just use my phone all the time. Take my phone out of my pocket and it opens. Worst case is like a 1-2 second wait. I take the card with me if I am valeting.
 
I use the FOB e
I just use my phone all the time. Take my phone out of my pocket and it opens. Worst case is like a 1-2 second wait. I take the card with me if I am valeting.
Do you have a gravity? Asking as I was told the phone as key isn’t enabled yet and I would love to set it up, if it is an option.
 
I have had my Gravity for over a month and have about 2k miles on it. I use the FOB and only once or twice have had to use the card to get it into drive but it did work immediately when needed.
 
Hi @Alanp - Nice to meet you on this forum. I am sure there are many of us out there with this same criteria. As of now, based on all the readings of the past threads, and the nice supporting posts from Gravity owners, I understand that the card is the backup if things go bad with the key fob. So if you keep the card with you things should be A-ok.

I picked the Lunar Titanium exterior for my GGT order, which will likely be slotted for November delivery (per my SA). I am hopeful this will also be enough time for Lucid to fix this key fob issue. But even if they take longer, I am still planning to Buy when it comes ready.

@TahoeMichael - thanks for sharing the info on the OTA update for September. Fingers crossed!!
 
"I'm looking for a key fob that comes with a monster truck..."

this is the funniest post so far today.

"Let me tell you about the time when you had to have a metal key to insert into a door hole to get inside and start your vehicle... it wasn't always reliable but straightening a wire coat hanger would get you in to hot wire to start. I didn't even have a key for the ' 61 Beetle.
 
Last edited:
Haha the Beetle is great, never noticed any wind noise in my friend’s car cuz the engine was so damn loud that you couldn’t hear anything else including the radio. It was serviceable though, he changed the fuel filter on the side of the road in like 10 minutes, I think it was the same one some riding lawnmowers use?
 
Hi Gravity owners & soon-to-be owners,

I love the Lucid Gravity. It checks all the boxes for me - Smooth luxurious ride, Long range, Fast charging (even at Tesla chargers!), Roomy, Loaded with cool and useful features, Amazing sound system. I really want it.
So I have already placed my order (selected everything except the HUD package).
I did the test drive this Tuesday with my kids and loved it (at the ValleyFair mall San Jose)... although it was too short.
I plan on doing one more test drive for sure, especially to show it to my wife... but before I count my chickens....

After the test drive, I told the Sales Advisor that I need 2 things before I will be ready to take delivery:
1. The lock/unlock/start issue related to the key-fob is resolved (They told me they will reach out to the tech team and get back to me)
2. Service center in San Jose needs to be up and running :) - They told me San Jose Service location will open before year end. They told me my config should be ready for delivery around November.

I need some help from current owners... so I can clear my mind of the one thing that is bugging me... the whole lock/unlock/car-start "issue". I read some reviews which said they could not open the doors and get into the car (??). I have seen multiple reviews on this. Hence my concern... I don't mind bugs/issues which are not related to getting me from point A to point B (which includes getting into the car, starting the car and driving safely to the destination). I am trusting that Lucid will solve those through software updates (again based on reviews I have been reading).

What I want to know about the lock/unlock/start issue is how widespread is this key-fob issue? Does it happen to all the Gravitys? Does it happen intermittently? Has the issue been resolved already with updates? With the three different methods (Key FOB, Key Card, Phone App), is there at least ONE method (or even a workaround using more than one of those three methods) that lets me unlock the car, get in and start the car EVERYTIME, ALL THE TIME?

Hope the current Gravity owners can help me allay my one concern. Please share your experience with your Gravity about this one issue.

-SS-
PS: This is my first post. I am not sure if I am posting it under the right category. Please advise if I need to move it somewhere else.
There's a rumored bit OTA coming soon that is purported to address some of the major issues with the car like the key fob and general access to drive the car. I'll reserve my comments until I see that update through unless it continues to be rumored and not delivered. I would absolutely wait until this OTA comes out to see if it addresses some of these big issues. BTW - I have a factory HUD and have never had a problem with it. I also don't really use it much and sometimes it scares me a little in certain light conditions as I think I'm seeing a pedestrian or something else I don't want to hit.
 
There's a rumored bit OTA coming soon that is purported to address some of the major issues with the car like the key fob and general access to drive the car. I'll reserve my comments until I see that update through unless it continues to be rumored and not delivered. I would absolutely wait until this OTA comes out to see if it addresses some of these big issues. BTW - I have a factory HUD and have never had a problem with it. I also don't really use it much and sometimes it scares me a little in certain light conditions as I think I'm seeing a pedestrian or something else I don't want to hit.
Thanks @prodolf !
Am sure many eagerly await this OTA mostly for the key fob/start issues...

Re: HUD I understand a "new" HUD is now used in production - although we can't be sure... In any case I have not ordered the HUD. If I see sufficient posts which confirm HUD issue is no longer an issue, I might change my order. But for now, my Gravity will remain HUDless...
 
Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing your experiences. I officially declined to take delivery of my Gravity GT today, and there was surprisingly no pushback. The SA just said that she fully understands. I will continue to watch the forum for hopefully better news on the state of the software, and may yet re-enter the fray. There is no other car that I would consider at this point to replace my Tesla Y.
Good luck all!
 
Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing your experiences. I officially declined to take delivery of my Gravity GT today, and there was surprisingly no pushback. The SA just said that she fully understands. I will continue to watch the forum for hopefully better news on the state of the software, and may yet re-enter the fray. There is no other car that I would consider at this point to replace my Tesla Y.
Good luck all!
I do hope you took the time to test drive the car and software to make an informed decision based on your personal experience, rather than solely relying on the comments shared here.
 
Yes, I test drove the car twice, and it is magnificent. But there are too many software issues at this point as this will be my only car. Hopefully, these will get resolved and I can move forward with the purchase, but I feel it is too early in the process for me.
I do hope you took the time to test drive the car and software to make an informed decision based on your personal experience, rather than solely relying on the comments shared here.
 
Yes, I test drove the car twice, and it is magnificent. But there are too many software issues at this point as this will be my only car. Hopefully, these will get resolved and I can move forward with the purchase, but I feel it is too early in the process for me.
Just as a clarification, and I am glad Lucid didn’t pressure you, you could simply defer/delay delivery. This is what I asked to do for our second GGT for our wife and it’s for the same reasons you have. Lucid was great to work with on it.

That said, totally understand just getting the deposit back and waiting. It will keep improving.
 
I think we can get wrapped up with all the issues brought up in these forums. I am sure they are real and are frustrating. I have not had ANY problems with my AGT since delivery in mid July! I had a service call because the frunk cover was not shipped with the car, and the service person actually came to my home to install it!

I am leaving on a third road trip tomorrow, couldn’t be happier with the vehicle - it is the best car I have ever driven.
 
Just as a clarification, and I am glad Lucid didn’t pressure you, you could simply defer/delay delivery. This is what I asked to do for our second GGT for our wife and it’s for the same reasons you have. Lucid was great to work with on it.

That said, totally understand just getting the deposit back and waiting. It will keep improving.
Will it though? My verdict on 3.3.1 is still out and looking at all the juice they are putting into their European launch and announcing new models I'm starting to wonder if they have their priorities straight.
 
Will it though? My verdict on 3.3.1 is still out and looking at all the juice they are putting into their European launch and announcing new models I'm starting to wonder if they have their priorities straight.
I choose to think it will. No way of knowing, but Air owners have said it got markedly better over the years.

3.2.2 made some nice improvements and 3.3.1 is even better, including the fob update.

While I appreciate Lucid coming out with a new UI/UX for Gravity, that certainly made their job harder as they have forked code (at best)…
 
I think we can get wrapped up with all the issues brought up in these forums. I am sure they are real and are frustrating. I have not had ANY problems with my AGT since delivery in mid July! I had a service call because the frunk cover was not shipped with the car, and the service person actually came to my home to install it!

I am leaving on a third road trip tomorrow, couldn’t be happier with the vehicle - it is the best car I have ever driven.
Amen.
 
Will it though? My verdict on 3.3.1 is still out and looking at all the juice they are putting into their European launch and announcing new models I'm starting to wonder if they have their priorities straight.
Based on historical precedent with the Air, yes, it will. (And already has)
 
Back
Top