On my way to pick up my GT

I’m in Texas, as soon as I got my DE the PPF guy applied clear heat rejection film to the interior surface of the windshield. He did the entire front windshield with the only seam occurring between the outer most visor mount and the side. He also applied it to the backseat roof glass panel. Completely invisible.
Did you notice that the film helps with the reflection of the stitching from the dash as people describe?

Hey, I'm in Phoenix with my new Grand Touring Zenith Red... Are you doing anything about the glass roof. It is hot !!!!!!!!!!!! and it's going to get hotter.
I tinted the side windows but not the windshield or top. Yes the glass roof is hot, it blocks the IR transmission but does get very hot and you can feel that heat. I aim the AC up a bit and it has not been a problem. I may change my opinion when it is 115 outside in June.

As for the rear roof glass tinting, they told me they wouldn't do it bc the additional heat placed on top of the glass as a result could cause the glass to shatter.

No idea if true, but don't want to take that chance.

I tinted the side windows but not the windshield or top. Yes the glass roof is hot, it blocks the IR transmission but does get very hot and you can feel that heat. I aim the AC up a bit and it has not been a problem. I may change my opinion when it is 115 outside in June.
The AC rocks and I’m cold after a very short time. Precondition your car with the app 5 minutes before going to get in. The best driving, most quiet car I’ve ever experienced. I feel bad for all the snapped necks we caused today. At breakfast three separate people on the car in the parking lot before we were even out of the car to ask “what is that car?” And we even parked away from everybody. Fun times.

As for the rear roof glass tinting, they told me they wouldn't do it bc the additional heat placed on top of the glass as a result could cause the glass to shatter.

No idea if true, but don't want to take that chance.
My guy placed clear heat rejection on the inside of the windshield and the inside of the rear roof glass. Beautiful job.

Did you notice that the film helps with the reflection of the stitching from the dash as people describe?
The heat rejection film is completely clear and invisible. The stitching issue has disappeared for me. I’m used to it. This isn’t the only car I’ve had where that comes into play when the Texas sun is in a certain position.

Interesting, because my guy did it without seams, but he removed the visors to do it
Nice, humble brag. Haha. I want to remove the visors altogether! How are they attached? Maybe I can Velcro them only when absolutely needed. I’ve only needed them once when driving East early for work one morning.

Nice, humble brag. Haha. I want to remove the visors altogether! How are they attached? Maybe I can Velcro them only when absolutely needed. I’ve only needed them once when driving East early for work one morning.
T9 hex I think?

That is good to know. Yeah, this is one area where it seems like Lucid isn't better than Tesla. The attachment on the model X (on the side of the roof) is out of the way as well as more securely attached to the frame (not glued/bonded). Hopefully they will change this for future models.

FWIW removing the visor altogether is illegal in many states. But, if you have tinted windows….

Folks have described removing the visor by way of a set screw but isn’t there a remaining part glued to the windshield?

Folks have described removing the visor by way of a set screw but isn’t there a remaining part glued to the windshield?
Yes and 2 black circles

So how are they removed and how are they replaced for say……state inspection?
Could not answer you regarding this, do your own investigation yadda yadda CMA

Back