Official service center results on Soft close failures

CWedge411

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
2024 Lucid Air GT
Referral Code
Q7FHMVQ3
Is it wrong to be upset my brand new 6 figure car doesn't work as advertised? I know its such a small issue. But it 's something i use alot. My other car is a BMW XM and all if my previous cars from BMW/Audi have had soft close that has worked flawlessly. I feel i shouldnt have to slam my "luxury car" door. It was hard enough training everyone NOT to slam my cars doors over the years.

1000011096.webp

You've never had an issue with an Audi or BMW in the past? They've made absolutely flawless cars with no issues whatsoever? I paid 6 figures for an Audi and within one week the entire rear taillight went out, shame on them for providing such a shoddy car and it not being "flawless"

Shit happens, that's what warranties are for.

As per SC notes this is a software issue not hardware and will be corrected shortly with the next release. Just be patient. Having the car for one year, one thing I learned is to be patient. Things definitely improve with consistent software updates. I am sure many here can agree.

I don’t know, I think there’s many things in life I wish were “perfect”. But at the end of the day, the important takeaway here is “Concern” = CORRECTION

As per SC notes this is a software issue not hardware and will be corrected shortly with the next release. Just be patient. Having the car for one year, one thing I learned is to be patient. Things definitely improve with consistent software updates. I am sure many here can agree.
This was written during 2.3, we are now 2.4...I would have hoped it was in there..

Last edited:
You've never had an issue with an Audi or BMW in the past? They've made absolutely flawless cars with no issues whatsoever? I paid 6 figures for an Audi and within one week the entire rear taillight went out, shame on them for providing such a shoddy car and it not being "flawless"

Shit happens, that's what warranties are for.
I think you read my post wrong or I wasn't clear. I meant soft close door wise. and not being able to fix it now. This car was in for many issues 1 day after purchase. Rear truck motor died, 3 tires needed to be replaced, Rear deck was lose and rattled (again at 1 day old) And i didn't complain about that because it was fixed. I'm not expecting a perfect car and ok with it getting fixed...but this isn't getting fixed and no timeline except "soon" and we just had a major software release 2.4 and it wasn't in there. So who knows at this point?

Last edited:
I don’t know, I think there’s many things in life I wish were “perfect”. But at the end of the day, the important takeaway here is “Concern” = CORRECTION
Agreed, but this seems like such a basic function that shouldn't be that hard to fix. Soft close doors have been in use for many decades, i could see if it was a new feature like DreamDrive Pro or something along the lines of that that is of a new emerging technology.

Agreed, but this seems like such a basic function that shouldn't be that hard to fix. Soft close doors have been in use for many decades, i could see if it was a new feature like DreamDrive Pro or something along the lines of that that is of a new emerging technology.
That's true, but I also had a Porsche where the entire engine had to be replaced within the first few months.

What is it you’d like someone here to say? Agreeing with you just serves to commiserate, which is hard to do because it’s a pretty minor issue, all things considered, and they tried to fix it via hardware multiple times, despite knowing ahead of time it’s likely software, so now it’s waiting on a software fix.

Seems completely reasonable to me.

What is it you’d like someone here to say? Agreeing with you just serves to commiserate, which is hard to do because it’s a pretty minor issue, all things considered, and they tried to fix it via hardware multiple times, despite knowing ahead of time it’s likely software, so now it’s waiting on a software fix.

Seems completely reasonable to me.
i think you finally got it it. I am asking because i want to see if I'm being unreasonable or if others feel the same way or again as you mentioned if the consensus is "it's not a a huge problem so just wait it out" Also maybe someone might chime in on Lucids history of fixing software things...are they good at it or bad at it. Seams some things they fix quickly and some not so much.
Basically I'm looking for owner reassurance.. in all honesty and not dick comments.

i think you finally got it it. I am asking because i want to see if I'm being unreasonable or if others feel the same way or again as you mentioned if the consensus is "it's not a a huge problem so just wait it out" Also maybe someone might chime in on Lucids history of fixing software things...are they good at it or bad at it. Seams some things they fix quickly and some not so much.
Basically I'm looking for owner reassurance.. in all honesty and not dick comments.
Ah, and that is totally fine! Sorry for the misread; people often are looking to yell from the rooftops just to get things off their chest, which is fine and serves a purpose for them but not necessarily for anyone else on the forum. Thanks for keeping that in mind. :)

I suspect they'll fix the soft-close issue sooner rather than later (assuming they can identify the bug) because it is affecting more than just a few people, it seems. But I don't know for sure; the thing that tends to define whether Lucid fixes a software bug faster or not is the number of people to whom it is occurring. That makes sense intuitively, from a scheduling perspective, as well.

@OP, all 4 doors?

Not great to have issues but even established automakers have issues with like that without firm ETA's on discovery. BMW ended up having multi-month stop sales of hundreds of thousands of cars recently.
That said, I am always confused by people bring in the pricing (six figure car, $100k+, etc.) like it's meaningful. Usually the more expensive a car is, the number of issues go up, not the other way around. More options & complexity, lower production volume.

Certainly no excuse but part of more complex, software-heavy car tech. The positive here is that Lucid seems to push software updates a whole lot quicker than Mercedes or BMW, so this minor inconvenience should go away soon. Good luck!

Is it wrong to be upset my brand new 6 figure car doesn't work as advertised? I know its such a small issue. But it 's something i use alot. My other car is a BMW XM and all if my previous cars from BMW/Audi have had soft close that has worked flawlessly. I feel i shouldnt have to slam my "luxury car" door. It was hard enough training everyone NOT to slam my cars doors over the years.

View attachment 23961
Thanks for posting this. My last service visit for an unrelated issue also has an almost duplicate correction description. I'm waiting for a software update to fix this (it broken with 2.3.10 for me I think)

Back