• NOTICE (May 14 - 11:00 PM - 1:00 AM ET)

LucidOwners.com server will be down for maintenance during this scheduled time.
    Please note there will be a period of time when the forum is unaccessible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Notification or warning sounds while driving?

NPN

Verified Owner
Cars
AGT/Red/Tahoe/19"
When driving, I've been getting periodic "boinks" and "bonks" that sound like the car is trying to tell me something but I never see anything on the cockpit panels to tell me what Lucid is saying. Anyone know what these various notification/warning sounds might be?

It may be distracted driver warnings or when stopped and a car in front of you moves, it will give a traffic clearing alert. The warnings only stay on the screen for a short time so they are easy to miss.

Try turning off the distracted / sleepy driver notifications? I noticed those too and just happened to catch a very brief alert on the dash. I would have missed it if I hadn’t looked down at that moment.

Reactions: NPN
Could also be lane keep assist.

If you are turning where there are multiple right or left turn lanes and there is a car next to you in the direction of the turn, you will get a warning but that warning is easy to see in the camera image.

Try turning off the distracted / sleepy driver notifications? I noticed those too and just happened to catch a very brief alert on the dash. I would have missed it if I hadn’t looked down at that moment.
Thanks. I'll try that!

If you are turning where there are multiple right or left turn lanes and there is a car next to you in the direction of the turn, you will get a warning but that warning is easy to see in the camera image.
Yes, I agree and I definitely see those.

Great suggestion. Thanks.

When driving, I've been getting periodic "boinks" and "bonks" that sound like the car is trying to tell me something but I never see anything on the cockpit panels to tell me what Lucid is saying. Anyone know what these various notification/warning sounds might be?

Maybe you have it set up to notify you when it detects a change in the speed limit?

I had a similar problem on my first day. For my, it was the distracted driver warning. It didn’t show up on the screen long enough to even tell what it was, so I just had to start turning stuff off and hoping I found the right thing. This feature need serious improvement.

I had that issue on my test drive. My host told me it was the distracted driver feature and happens a lot with new drivers of the car. As a test driver, I was looking at the dash and console too often checking out all the features. The system wanted me focused on looking out the windshield at traffic more than I was.

Pete

Back