Not sure about Surreal Sound Pro….

MichaelW

Cars
LUCID Air Pure AWD
Hey Guys,

So, I had an Air Grand Touring for a few weeks while my car was being worked on. Now back in my Pure. The sound in my Pure definitely sounds different than the GT. They both have SSP, but I find the Pure to be less loud, dynamic, etc.

Anyone see this issue?? Is it something I should bring up to Lucid?

Assuming you were listening to the same material and assuming the settings on both systems were the same, it could be the often discussed issue where the bass frequencies are attenuated because of tape that has loosened in the footwell issue. If settings are the same, why one would sound louder than the other is a mystery.

If it’s the bass that’s missing in your car, contact service for a resolution.

Is it a metal roof pure or glass?

Assuming you were listening to the same material and assuming the settings on both systems were the same, it could be the often discussed issue where the bass frequencies are attenuated because of tape that has loosened in the footwell issue. If settings are the same, why one would sound louder than the other is a mystery.

If it’s the bass that’s missing in your car, contact service for a resolution.
This. Have you had the tape fix TSB performed on either vehicle? If not, have it performed on both (because both will fail, even if one or both haven’t yet) and then compare.

Is it a metal roof pure or glass?
It must be a metal roof on the Pure, as that is the only offered option. The GT would likely have had a glass roof, as every Lucid owner I've seen has been a glass roof GT. This difference could change the sound, as glass has vastly different acoustic properties than the metal roof's materials.

This. Have you had the tape fix TSB performed on either vehicle? If not, have it performed on both (because both will fail, even if one or both haven’t yet) and then compare.
Can this tape fix be requested by service even if I'm not sure if I have the issue?

Back