Normal Stereo Routine

CLTGT

Verified Owner
Cars
73 Mustang Conv & the GT
OK, after having SiriusXM now saving my favorites and listening to the stereo how I normally would in any other car I have owned, is the following normal for others as a routine when driving the car on almost any occasion?

Sometimes I enter the car in silence, sometimes with the last SiriusXM channel I listened to playing. I typically begin backing out before the surround video loads, not a big deal. I have been backing up for decades without it.

The stereo, if not already silent, cuts out and remains silent. It will remain silent until I select the "Music" icon and then must change the SiriusXM channel I was listening to to any other channel. That will load and then I can reselect the one I was listening to before. I find myself having to hit the "Channel +, or -" and then doing it again to get back to what I really wanted to listen to.

It is very cumbersome and a distraction to do this every time. Is this what others are experiencing?

I realize the cause may be switching from WiFi to Cellular Data, but I view this as a serious shortcoming for the sake of trying to be more tech-forward. Another case of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it". Trying to be different for the sake of being different isn't always better. I won't get into what relying on cellular data means up in the mountains or in areas where cell service is not as reliable/capable.

If it is "normal" for this car, so be it, and I will just keep doing what I am doing. If there is a work around, I would be interested in hearing it.

I think audio in general is still a work in progress at this point. I can’t imagine anyone at Lucid thinks it’s fine as it stands.

Now that they’ve managed to get many of the biggest bugs mostly under control, I hope a major overhaul of the infotainment system is underway.

OK, after having SiriusXM now saving my favorites and listening to the stereo how I normally would in any other car I have owned, is the following normal for others as a routine when driving the car on almost any occasion?

Sometimes I enter the car in silence, sometimes with the last SiriusXM channel I listened to playing. I typically begin backing out before the surround video loads, not a big deal. I have been backing up for decades without it.

The stereo, if not already silent, cuts out and remains silent. It will remain silent until I select the "Music" icon and then must change the SiriusXM channel I was listening to to any other channel. That will load and then I can reselect the one I was listening to before. I find myself having to hit the "Channel +, or -" and then doing it again to get back to what I really wanted to listen to.

It is very cumbersome and a distraction to do this every time. Is this what others are experiencing?

I realize the cause may be switching from WiFi to Cellular Data, but I view this as a serious shortcoming for the sake of trying to be more tech-forward. Another case of "if it isn't broke, don't fix it". Trying to be different for the sake of being different isn't always better. I won't get into what relying on cellular data means up in the mountains or in areas where cell service is not as reliable/capable.

If it is "normal" for this car, so be it, and I will just keep doing what I am doing. If there is a work around, I would be interested in hearing it.
Have you tried turning off your wifi to see if the results are the same?

What are the downsides to turning off the WiFi and how do you actually do it?

What are the downsides to turning off the WiFi and how do you actually do it?
Updates take longer to download. Click on the wifi symbol and turn it off, or go to settings, connections and slide the wifi to off.

I also turned off Wifi to solve the issue of audio cut outs during the transition from Wifi to LTE.

I would endorse leaving wifi off. My sxm experience has been markedly better since doing this. Only time I turn wifi on is when updates are incoming

Last post I see on this subject is 10.24.22
this is 3.1.23
Same issues sometimes SXM on but then drops or not on at all. Total distraction having to change channels,o going to FM , Tunein same problem

Lucid software manager should not let this go on. Having to turn off wifi is not the answer
hope you all agree.

The individual apps just need to increase the size of their incoming audio buffers, or the car needs to give up sooner on a poor Wi-Fi signal. This is literally the exact same problem that a cell phone would encounter.

Identical sequence of events here. I don't know why it drives me insane but it does.

Identical sequence of events here. I don't know why it drives me insane but it does.
Personally I don't use Sirius/XM; I prefer Tidal at this point. That said I think it is important to remember the Sirius/XM currently installed in our Lucids I believe is a "Beta" version and to my knowledge we aren't being charged for it.

The way this works, essentially via an app, I wouldn’t be charged if it worked like it should or not, beta or not. I use it at my house (and my lake house)via the Control4 system the same way and would be using the same username/password with both, same as my phone. So, my houses and phones, when available use WiFi. My car, and phones when required, use the data network, neither of which are satellite. Every other household car has true satellite radio with no issues.

Turning off WiFi made no difference. The entertainment system sounds great. The UI associated with it has issues…still.

The way this works, essentially via an app, I wouldn’t be charged if it worked like it should or not, beta or not. I use it at my house (and my lake house)via the Control4 system the same way and would be using the same username/password with both, same as my phone. So, my houses and phones, when available use WiFi. My car, and phones when required, use the data network, neither of which are satellite. Every other household car has true satellite radio with no issues.

Turning off WiFi made no difference. The entertainment system sounds great. The UI associated with it has issues…still.
I'll second this...they need to reprogram so that stations from any source can be saved to a Favorites screen. Then the <> buttons should move among those favorite stations regardless of source.

As it stands now you have to first select a source (AM, FM, SXM, Tidal, etc) then scroll back and forth on the right touch screen among the logos of the favorites you've saved....all to the dismay of the Distracted Driver system that chastises you without end (or until you disable it, which I've done).

BTW, as annoying as the DD warnings are, they have a point: it IS dangerous to have to take eyes off the road and a hand off the wheel to change from an FM station to one on SXM...and the tech has been available for years. This is more than just an inconvenience, and L should address it sooner not later.

Back